[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

inventing stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thelaughpub-381x400.jpg (99KB, 606x635px) Image search: [Google]
thelaughpub-381x400.jpg
99KB, 606x635px
How can we invent new stuff if every thing is already invented? i was just thinking about an invention and when i googled it some one else already tought of it a few months ago.

is it even safe to look for it at google? maybe they have an algorithm that can predict inventions based on searching patterns or something and they invet it first.

am i being paranoid or just plain stupid?
>>
Loads of inventions were made simultaneously by different people but lack of instant communication kept them from knowing about each other

It's not so much about inventing stuff but marketing it right if you want to be successful and making your product better than any other competitors
>>
>>959679
Patents only last 10 years compared to copyright's 110
>>
You just dont look for an invention. They're found creating something else, something bigger. You'll need a function, a mechanism, some special process which you wont find. Here is your Invention

>>959690
Wrong
>>
>>959686
>>959690
>>959736
thank you guys, i feel better now.
>>
Ideas are easy. I keep a journal on my phone and whenever I think of something I would like to have I write it down.

Later on I go and see if it already exists, and if not, then I consider if it is inventable.

Things like, a glow in the dark kite with flashing leds, for fun visible night flying. That seems fun to me.

If the idea works, then I prototype. If I can build it and it doesn't exist, then I've invented it.

Then I consider if it's marketable, would people want it or is it just weird. Kids don't fly kites at night. Adults don't fly kites at night. Probably no one would but a kite for night flying, so it's a no go.

But if it is, then you find a patent lawyer and go from there, or start learning how to do your own patents, which is difficult and time consuming.
>>
>>959679
Look into niches, thats the best way to go about it. I found my niche, i just need to find a guy to help with prototyping then ill be on my way.
>>
>>959679
It depends on your field of study or what may facilitate your work, i actually have an idea that could revolutionize fiberglass dyctboard, remember necesity is the motjer of invention
>>
>>959679
If it helps, it's not a new feeling.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
Charles H. Duell
Director of U.S. Patent Office, 1899
(although the quote turns out to have been fictional, and a misquote of "The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end.")
>>
>>959679
It's easy to think up ideas, which is why it feels like most things have already been invented. The hard part is taking inventions in new directions and designing them well. Being able to create something that's durable and useful is a lot harder than simply making a product that is new or unique in some small way.
>>
>>959679
Git gud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-cO0RvpwQ
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.