[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished installing new Formica laminate counters and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: seam.jpg (10KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
seam.jpg
10KB, 240x320px
I just finished installing new Formica laminate counters and when I used a butt joint instead of a miter. When I laid the second piece down, I noticed that the joint was great up to about 5 inches back from the backsplash. Now there is maybe a 1/32 gap (maximum) down to 0 gap over 4-5 inches. The front is tight. Any ideas what to use to fill the gap and so I can then try to color match it?
>pic semi related
>>
i don't get it where is the gap?
at the back? the backsplash will cover it
at the join? sand down the edge to the right angle for a better fit. once the join is good fill with sanitary silicon
>>
>>952911
The seam is like the picture I posted. The backsplash doesn't cover the whole gap and the laminate is installed now so I can't remove it.
>>
>>952924
cant see shit in your picture
>cant remove it
did you glue it in? didn't you check the fit first?
>>
Might be a double post...can't see my first comment. The big laminate companies sell color fill puddy for every laminate they make.
>>
File: 1444547065527.png (118KB, 1023x704px) Image search: [Google]
1444547065527.png
118KB, 1023x704px
>butt joint
>>
This is wilsonarts:
http://www.wilsonart.com/adhesives/specialty

I would check directly with Formica so you don't get the wrong thing. Did you buy the laminate yourself? If so, give them the item number and they can tell you what 'seamfil' or whatever is best. You can't just tell them it's the white one....or grey...etc.
>>
>>952940
Kek...also bumping for interest as im about to do the same thing for new counters im installing although i used a mitre for the longer,more visible sections.i want to save a cpl bucks and butt joint the most non visible section.
>>
>>952879

maybe if you posted a pic of YOUR countertop and what the problem is, we can get a better idea of whats going on with the gap. posting a pic thats not yours and then trying to explain it... pointless. so go back and post an actual pic of your situation and come back and try again
>>
>>952958
I don't have a picture and it's at my other house. The joint is tight at the front edge of the counter. Heading back towards the backsplash it starts to open ~1/32 or so because something shifted when I glued the first piece down. If I look closely I can see the mdf. I just need something to fill the small gap. I'll take a pic tomorrow if the thread is still up. I had to do a butt joint because I ended up an inch short on the width after I split my narrow pieces, so I had to changes my plan.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.