[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Foto1089.jpg (569KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Foto1089.jpg
569KB, 2048x1536px
So today my laptop finally fell apart but the computer it self still works. So I was thinking in make a wooden case, basically a box, to turn it in a desktop computer.
Any recommendations?
>Hur dur buy another computer faggot
I already have another one, but I won't scrap something that still works and besides is the perfect excuse to have an new project
>>
>>950173
I think you should start a thread when you have actually made something otherwise it is fucking meaningless
>>
Wooden as in fancy or "I don't care, it needs to work!" You'd only need a bit of space inside a wooden box for cooling. The rest is up to you and your available tools.
>>
A modified mini atx case would look smart.
>>
>>950173
Which part works and which does not?
Maybe you could let it all hang out.
No box, just a frame holding it in the air.
>>
>>950181
Something fancy so it can math with the rest of the room, I like the look of natural wood
>>
>>950190
*Match
>>
>>950187
Everything works, the case just fell apart as the plastic holes were the screws were gave up, I just can't assemble it back
>>
>>950173
If I were you, since wood is a very poor heat conductor, I'd carve dozens of slots along side panels.
Or, since it's an item on my "would like to build it if I get the chance" list, I'd go for the book/atlas/encyclopedia disguise
>>
>>950203
I aware of that, I was planning on doing it thick to put some extra fans and have it more ventilated.
>>
>>950173
I'd go with dark acrylic instead of wood, or half and half.
>>
wooden cases have been done a lot before, I know one of the main points is working on airflow and ventilation since wood is more of an insulator than metal. So heat is carried more by airflow, you should keep in mind the way air will flow or where it will sit when setting that up. Familiarity with thermodynamics helps.
>>
>>950277
basically dont put anything right up against the wood that needs to stay cool.
>>
>>950203
You don't really need to do this, because plastic is also a very bad heat conductor, so laptops are already designed to pipe all their heat to a single radiator, and blow it out with a fan.
>>
>>950173
>laptop finally fell apart
do you think we are all as retarded as you?

you obviously disassembled your laptop and couldnt figure out how to put it back together. pathetic. this is a clockhmed tier post made by a retard. kill yourself and stop shitting up this board
>>
>>950282
The fuking plastic were the screws go just gave up and I couldn't assemble it back, I repair computers but that thing was 8 years old and buying a replacement case is not worth.
>>950254
Nah acrylic is more expensive than a sheet or stainless steel here
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.