[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power tools station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 61hq8oN-NJL._SL1500_.jpg (97KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61hq8oN-NJL._SL1500_.jpg
97KB, 1500x1500px
I'm not quite sure what to think of this.
Is it worth it? Is there something like it but better?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PCDYURE
>>
>>948018
its gimmicky crap
>>
>>948018
All in 1s tend to do nothing well
Looks gimmicky, and it's not a common name brand so replacements and upgrades will be impossible to find.
What if that one handle piece breaks, then all of your tools are out of commission
>>
Buy used professional quality tools and take care of them.

Buying a particular tool from Harbor Freight makes sense if you're only planning to use it a few times. If you're setting up a workshop get something that will last.

Don't buy crap like in the OP, ever.
>>
>>948018
>drill
>jigsaw
>flashlight
>circular saw
>makeshift "table saw" stand for the circular saw
>cheap accessory packs, low quality fence and miter gauge.
>only 1 battery
>600$

Its a cool concept, but the "table saw" will be utterly worthless. The Jigsaw is worthless, the flashlight is worthless.
The drill could be OK, but there is a good chance circular saw is really weak and shitty.

Its a lot of money for what appear to be low end tools, with only 1 battery.

You can buy any number of tools for 600$
>>
>>948129
If those tools are as shitty as they look, you could buy all of those tools individually for less than $600.
>>
Protip, if you're buying low cost power tools, get ones that plug into the wall. Cheap powertool batteries will die really quickly and you likely won't be able to get replacements.
>>
>>948137
He could walk into walmart today, buy a Skil circular saw for 40$, a skil jigsaw for 20$, a black and decker drill with a clutch for 50$, and then pop across the street to a hardware store and get a random 100$ special table saw.

Not the best quality tools, but I bet they are going to outlast and outperform the garbage that is in the OP.
>>
>>948018
Ryobi Lithium - is a decent budget line.

their impact drill works great, and the damn battery lasts forever. (3-4 days of moderate use putting in 3" screws) and another plus is they dont shit out within a minute or two like regular non-Li batteries when the charge gets low
>>
>>948129
>>948151

These. For $600 you can get all the critical makita, Milwaukee, dewalt tools. And if you are talking ryobi then you are looking at some extra junk and a miter saw
>>
>>948151
Take a beating from falls too and still keep going
>>
>>948379
>>948151
Ryobi is made by the same company who makes Milwaukee/Ridgid tools.

I actually see a ton of people on youtube using those disgusting lime green tools. I hear real good things about them
>>
>>948394
The lime green tools in the OP ain't Ryobi.
>>
>>948396
Obviously, the tools in the OP arent even lime green.
>>
>>948399
What kinda green is that then? Zombie killer green?
>>
>>948031
>>948035
>>948070
>>948018

Do you think we could put together a buy list of essential /diy/ workshop tools for fixing and building shit and add it to the wiki?

Also, do you guys think Makita is over priced?
>>
>>948420
Not really, where you need to spend the big bucks vs just buying something cheap is pretty dependent on what you plan on doing with the stuff.

And Makita is comparatively priced to the other big name tool brands.
>>
File: 315595320748.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
315595320748.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
>>948412
I think you are onto something!
>>
>>948394
I have a Ryobi drill that I use everyday at work (not overly strenuous mind you). It's going on 3 years old, and the batteries still hold a charge almost as good as ever.

I have the impact wrench as well, makes removing/installing the wheels on my car a piece of cake.
>>
>>948422
Would you recommend garage sales and estate sales?
>>
>>948151
I have to admit my experience with cheap cordless powertools was pre-lithium so maybe the new ones are better.
>>
>>948438
Yes, but bring someone who knows what to look for.
>>
>>948438
I have been an avid garage saler and thrift shopper my entire life, and I have never had good luck with finding used tools. Craigslist and pawn shops all want retail price for beaten to fuck tools.There are some people on here who post pictures of finding a ton of tools cheap though.

It all depends on where you live I suppose.

I follow Slickdeals and try to get stuff on price mistake or clearance, usually stuff I dont actively need.
But there isnt anything wrong with saving up and buying new at full price, you can save money going used or you can save the hunt and get it when you want it.
>>
>>948438

Garage sales are for if you have spare time and don't mind coming back with nothing. If you view garage sales as a way to save cash on a very specific power tool you can potentially save more by buying brand new cheap shit tools.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.