[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Dowsing Rod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: dowser.gif (21KB, 199x234px) Image search: [Google]
dowser.gif
21KB, 199x234px
How to make a dowsing rod andhttp://www.smokeymirror.com/dowse-diy-dowsing-rod/ use it.
>>
File: 1408942464060.png (14KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
1408942464060.png
14KB, 400x450px
>Science says No, it doesnt work. But others, myself included, know they work.

Couldn't you just condense this trash by posting this in the audiophile capacitor sound review thread or maybe the wire-wrap crystals one?
>>
>>946287
If you are looking for underground water you don't need one of these things at all, what you actually need is a spade
>>
My grandfather had one that he made, it was a few years ago but I think he used a natural yew fork, he used rawhide as a wrapping for the two handle pieces and then shoved it up his ass and then fucked a dog.
>>
File: Dynatel%202273M_72dpi.jpg (168KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
Dynatel%202273M_72dpi.jpg
168KB, 800x511px
>>946289
>Work for utility company.
>I have a real locating device that costs $$$$ and really works.
>Greybeards always call it a piece of shit
>They always got a story about how they used to find shit with two pieces of bent ground wire.
>Multiple different grey beards give me this bullshit
>They won't do it in front of me, they don't do that shit anymore.

>How do you find shit so fast/on the first try?!!!!
>>
>>946287
Hate to say it, I know I'll get flamed, but I've tried it. Not for the bs stuff in the article, but yeah, I've walked across my front yard with a couple of pieces of coat hanger, and I about flipped shit when they started crossing in places where I knew pipes were. They'd also cross in odd places, and only after I had a new sewer line put on did I find out there was a tank there, probably a septic tank. Until you've tried it, don't knock it to hard.
>>
>>946328
>they started crossing in places where I knew pipes were
>where I knew pipes were
>I knew

Yeah. This is the result whenever dowsers are tested: shit works incredibly well when they know the correct places beforehand or when the correct place can be deduced by other means. When they don't know the correct answer beforehand, it doesn't work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing#Scientific_reception
>>
>>946348
I agree, that's why I continued and said they crossed at another location where I had no idea anything was. I've never in my life heard of a septic tank being in the front yard. I know, random chance, I'm just one guy... I'm a pretty serious skeptic about most everything, but it sure was freaky how those damned wires moved! I actually stopped and looked around to see if anyone was watching... Maybe I'll set up a double blind experiment/study of my own, it'd be a good drinking game anyway!
>>
>>946365
It is often very convincing to dowser himself.
Well, if you're sure it works (after those double-blind tests etc.), there are several skeptic organizations which are willing to pay money in case it really works. Or you can approach (some of) them less formally and they arrange less formal tests if you just want a second opinion / independent testing.
>>
ITT: people with no first hand experience calling BS. People with first hand experience saying "whoah!"

Funny how that works.

Mine are made from grounding wire from an antenna job. Silver coated 99% copper.
Went to an alternative school that got water witches to do a week long course. Played a lot of hide and seek with hidden objects in a field.
Fun times got bout 75% accurate been a lifetime since I have even pulled them out.
>>
Science does indeed say no, but when my aunts well went dry the well company dug 3 holes and found nothing, my dad went out with two pieces of bent wire and marked a spot. Well company dug there and my aunt has water again. It may have been pure luck, but it convinced me. You can even feel it when the wires start to pull apart.
>>
>>946440
>>946822
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
Million bucks, just waiting for you guys to go take it.
>>
>>946828
It's a wizard doing the testing. Of course he'll sabotage the experiment through some powerful spell.
>>
>>946304
lost it hahaha
>>
>>946289
>While Divining Rods tend to find water quite easily, they can be and are used to find just about anything your looking for. From misplaced items and lost treasures, to invisible energy fields and ley lines.

kek
>>
>>947125
kek all you want but it works, the reason science says it doesn't is that they're looking in the wrong direction for correlation. there's nothing particularly special about dowsing rods in and of themselves but by making use of them you have a subtle outlet for things you unconsciously know
>>
Come on! This is obviously BS. But the point is on how to make the rod
>>
>>946328
>I know I'll get flamed

Shut the fuck up you decrepit piece of shit.
>>
In fact, this is so BS I Just can't accept that the people who say they believe it are not lying.
>>
>>947147
This
>>
>>947147
>>947161

Sure. So after i find the invisible energy fields, is common kitchen aluminium foil good enough for the protection hat or i need to find a special kind?

You don't need to tell me what kind though, i will have a tool for finding anything i'm looking for.
>>
>>947155
You seem angry. I'm sure there's a nice feels thread on /b/ if you need to talk.
>>
>>946287
>>>/x/
>>
>>947166
no you'll have the tool to find anything you know where it is but don't know you know. what's so hard to believe that giving the subconscious an outlet can be effective?
>>
>>947166
All humans are Shaman, it is our birthright. Most of us are really bad at it.
>>
>>947199
Yes

As soon as there is actual evidence for your claims, then I might take them seriously, but until you can actually come up with some evidence then you're no different to those people who think Obama is a lizard person
>>
File: 666687.jpg (40KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
666687.jpg
40KB, 360x360px
>>946287
Maybe you could fit one of the tiny motors for haptic feedback, the pin style battery and reed switch into a reasonably small stick. A magnetic ring to activate it.

Pic related is a 4.2MM X 25.9MM battery, but I think they come even smaller.

Could make for an interesting trick.
>>
File: mah.jpg (26KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
mah.jpg
26KB, 446x336px
>>947302
finally some real /diy/ in this bullshit thread
>>
>>946287
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMtuWymUzz4
>>
>>946828

I've never tried dowsing, but I was just struck with an idea that test didn't account for. Around here the water is full of iron. All of our toilets/sinks/showers are red from it depositing on them.

Anyways, I'm not claiming that this is the case, but it said that they used plastic pipe and what I assume was pure water. I don't know enough about physics to know for myself, but is it possible that over hundreds of years that iron rich water was deposited enough iron under the water to make some weak magnetic field that interacts with metal rods?

I could be way off, but that seems plausible to me.
>>
>>947583
Read about the inverse-square law.

The rods would need to be magnetic and VERY close and it still wouldn't be likely a human could detect it.
>>
>>947328
Is that your god?
He's got a nice beard and all.
>>
>>947583
aside from the fields being WAY too weak to be detectable by any mechanical device held in a human's hands (involuntary tremors and even your blood pressure will have stronger effects on the rods than any magnetic fields), iron dissolved in water won't display the same kind of permanent magnet properties as a solid chunk of iron, because the ions are freely floating in solution.
>>
>>947210
too bad this planet lacks mana sources
>>
>>947660

Like I said, I don't know enough about physics to understand it, but for clarification, I meant iron deposits under the water once it has settled out like it does in the tub.

That said, how would I go about building a dowsing apparatus sensitive enough to pick up on these fields? Suppose I set the rods separately in a block of plastic near eachother with plenty of graphite in the holes?

Would it need to be steady/level?

>tfw magnetic dowsing go-cart soon
>>
>>947990
This is Jedi work, no place for a droid.
>>
>>947990
I can assure you that people have invented devices which are far better at detecting magnetic fields than sticks or bent wires. See >>946306

Technology doesn't qualify as magic, though, for some reason.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.