[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay DIY'ers, I have bought a house. I have already ripped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Okay DIY'ers, I have bought a house. I have already ripped out walls, floors and put in new framing, but while I have choices I want to work on a sound system that is built into my ceiling. the roof is 24in trusses, but some people say sonos is a better option and to use outlets. let me see opinions on whether to go wireless or wired through the roof for an overall home sound system
pic related, i removed 2 walls to make a large master and a medium walk in
>>
this side is the closet and single toilet, i moved the wall out 2 feet and made it into a larger master bath
>>
>>944834
>while I have choices I want to work on a sound system that is built into my ceiling

No you don't. It will sound like shit. Wiring? Sure. Run the wiring in the walls and place mounts near the outlets but don't mount the speakers in the walls.
>>
>>944842
Mount them in the walls but don't drywall over them.
cut out holes where they'd be the same as you do for power outlets and switches then put drywall up and mount a speaker dover over hole in drywall.

And that studwork needs to be nogged out for sheets of drywall to go up nigga
>>
File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
I wish I had a house to work on
>>
>>944834
I'm liking this thread. Keep us posted.
>>
>>945577
its more pain in the ass than it is fun.

Projects are fun because you want to do them.
House projects, you are usually forced to do them.

But maybe I just have other things I'd rather spend my time doing.
>>
>>945602
This x2. Planning is fun, paying for materials not so much, starting is cool, at about halfway through you usually have to start forcing yourself toward completion, and when it's done you're proud, but you don't want to do it ever again! Then you come on here and tell some guy in the fun stage to just buy it/hire a pro and everyone hates you...
>>
>>945602
its the little detail bullshit, like caulking trim that o hate. not so much the actual conntruction
>>
File: sonos-landing_01.jpg (141KB, 960x548px) Image search: [Google]
sonos-landing_01.jpg
141KB, 960x548px
I have this.

>in b4 consumerism

Even if you don't want to use their speakers you can use their method of broadcasting and using your own speaker systems.
>>
File: DSC05366w.jpg (396KB, 2456x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05366w.jpg
396KB, 2456x1632px
>>945610
desu, those are garbage.
OP. get some proper hifi / stereo setup instread. don't fall for audiophile snake oil.

i got some kind of project too, pic related...
>>
>>945658
>garbage

Read what I said faggot. If you don't like the speakers you don't have to use them.

It's still easier than wiring your house for shit car door grade ceiling speakers.
>>
>>945658
I'm sat infront of a play 3 with a bottle of sauvignon blanc and a blowjob and I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>945661
so ... just.. why even...

>>945663
okay if you say so...
... but the bourgogne rouge is better.
>>
>>945665
I can't drink red.

And because it's a simple way of bringing hi-fi systems wirelessly that's compatible with the majority of audio streaming services.
>>
>>945668
k. i have a black berry dedicated to streaming internet radios on my hif--

wait, actually i just wanted to post one photo of that barn here and move on, why am i even engaging in this discission? ignore/block pls. 'night. !
>>
>>945669
Faggot.

>I have a blackberry dedica...
Your opinion is about as much use as dog shit.
>>
OP, what are you looking for out of your sound system? There are speakers designed specifically for mounting into your walls/ceiling, but they're designed for lobbies, etc. to deliver ambient music, so if you're aiming for a good audio experience for sitting and listening or watching a film you're better off getting hold of something that can be mounted separately. Of course, you can always run cables through the walls and outlet them to external speakers - it's pretty easy to get hold of wall plates for most speaker connection standards (including bare wire).
>>
>>945715
I agree, mounting speakers in the ceiling isn't going to sound as good or natural as a nice pair of monitors mounted into the wall.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.