[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 79

File: DSC_0343.jpg (179KB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0343.jpg
179KB, 1000x1504px
Ok I feel stupid for needing to ask this, what the fuck is this called?

Its an outlet/socket/power I get that, but I'm looking up 2 things.

First, one that has a usb built into it.
Second, one with leds built in for a hall light.

But I cant for the life of me look for this myself without knowing what the damn thing is called.

Because this would be a useless thread after one post, lets also make this a general "my question is short, many people could answer it, but no idea where to put it" question thread.
>>
>>941108
...usb wall outlet?

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-T5632-W-Charger-Resistant-Receptacle/dp/B00J3PMU4C
>>
>>941108
>Receptacle
duplex receptacle
>>
>>941113
>>941117
thankyou
>>
File: IMGT0028 copy 2.png (331KB, 773x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMGT0028 copy 2.png
331KB, 773x1024px
Related question. Why do all my self test outlets run hot? Is this normal or are they wired wrong?
>>
>>941449
rotational velocidensity.
>>
>>941449
thats actually a g- g- ghostttttttttt
>>
>>941449
could be heat form the outside leaking into the box
>>
File: Toast-Xbox-One-Review-022.jpg (74KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Toast-Xbox-One-Review-022.jpg
74KB, 1000x667px
im looking to add some kinda... sticky... wood.. vinyl.. panel stuff to my pc; a lot like pic related
whats the proper name for the shit and where can I get it?
>>
>>943414
They are commonly called Skins, or wraps/decals. There are printing companies that make them of all different patterns for different electronics. Just google it.
>>
>>943439
Oh, and if you mean a thin strip of real wood with adhesive it would be called a veneer. Not sure if you are gonna find those precut though. You could probably buy some and cut it out yourself though
>>
>>943414
Just make sure you do it neatly or it'll look horrible, actual veneer would look pretty cool. Unless your pc case is a popular model don't expect to find it pre cut (vinyl/decal) but it's not very hard to cut it to fit a square pc case yourself
>>
>>943414
Why would you play on a console?
>>
So basically I'm building a frame for this, trying to keep it simple and cheap,

so I'm planning on using probably 2x2s now just so it's a bit more stable, was going to use 1x2s but the price difference isn't much.

anyways, so what would be the best way to connect the longer ends together? Just using some wood glue on them? I mean I should probably add just a small piece on top to connect them like in the image right?

It's going to hang and block a piece of a patio naturally, so I'm going to put a hinge on it so it can be folded up for storage or just to get it out of the way.

and then aside from screwing it in directly couldn't I just use some hooks and attach some catches on top so that it can be taken off easily?

anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
>>
File: Frame1.png (6KB, 989x570px) Image search: [Google]
Frame1.png
6KB, 989x570px
>>944490
forgot my image
>>
>>944490
>>944491
and I forgot my link god damned

anyways the frame is going to be like 10 feet wide

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P7JL0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
>>
Stupid question
But can you cut glass with a tile cutter?
>>
File: feelina.png (100KB, 352x498px) Image search: [Google]
feelina.png
100KB, 352x498px
What can you cover windows with to prevent cold air flow from getting in?
>>
>>945092
Buy a glass cutter

>>945100
A vacuum is the best insulation method, so get something with no air in between the panes.
>>
>>945100
insulation plastic.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-62-in-x-84-in-Clear-Plastic-Indoor-Window-Kit-2120-EP/100353672
>>
can someone recommend some cheap but good drills, saws, and clamps?
>>
>>945383
What kind of saws and drill?

One of the few things at Harbor Freight worth buying are their clamps. They are decent and dirt cheap.
>>
>>945392
honestly, i've never been a handy man and dont know anything about tools. just wanted to modify a couple of desks at home (their legs to modify the height).
>>
>>945100
>buy magnetic primer and paint a few coats on the perimeter of the window frame, paint over with regular paint
>buy clear vinyl sheets (thickness depends on what you have around the house that might damage it (kids, pets, leaky window in a windy region) and cut it to size to fit the window
>buy self adhesive magnetic tape and apply on the perimeter of the vinyl
>apply in fall, remove and store in spring
>profit?
>spread the word?

>>945121
that's hard to put, messy to remove, expensive for what it can do and not really practical

>>945383
yard sales if you are not in a hurry and not looking for something in particular
then craigslist
then harbor freight
if you want to spend more than that, I have a bridge for sale

>>945571
that's one one of the hardest things to do (cut the legs straight and level), good luck!
>>
>>945571
>just wanted to modify a couple of desks at home (their legs to modify the height).

That really isnt much to go on.
Give us more info and we can help you out.
>>
File: 31L4TTOV1HL.jpg (14KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
31L4TTOV1HL.jpg
14KB, 500x240px
>>945869
>that's one one of the hardest things to do (cut the legs straight and level), good luck!

He can do it with a miter box easily enough.
>>
>>941449
The way they "self test" is by constantly running a little bit of current through a metered secondary circuit. It's normal for them to be a /little/ warmer. If the difference is more than 7 degrees throw that shit out and buy ones that weren't made in China.
>>
Was ripping out dead knob and tube from ceiling when I cut a live knob and tube circuit. Inspection told me none was live. What is my best option for repair or replacement?
>>
>>946548
Pull it all out and run some 12 gauge romex.
>>
>>946583
Will I need to take down all my drywall and bring the place down to studs? I could only get to this wiring because it is a drop ceiling. I am assuming the wire needs to be stapled
>>
>>946588
I paid someone to replace my knob and tube. They ran all the wires through the attic and dropped them between the studs. They didn't mess with the ceiling or wall drywall at all.
>>
File: 41WAL3IVMxL._SY400_.jpg (19KB, 403x400px) Image search: [Google]
41WAL3IVMxL._SY400_.jpg
19KB, 403x400px
So I recently bought myself a stripsander, it worked how it should but now it won't stay on, if I release the power button it starts to vibrate and shuts off. What could be the problem?

Pic related, but with a cast metal foot.
>>
>>943414
Why don't you go ask your grandpa?

Then you can drop it off at his nursing home, where all wood veneered trash should go.
>>
>>946588
If you want to do it yourself, just tie the new cable to the one you're pulling out at the spot that it's going to end, and pull it out all back. As long as your knobs are big enough for the new wires. Pulling lube (I lol every time I saw that) helps a lot.
>>
>>946630
Good to hear, thank you
>>
>>946646
Think I'll look for some lube tomorrow when I'm out!
>>
>>946637
Just some guesses-

Could be your switch has a burned/broken conctact, and when you release the "on", it stops motoring on the start windings.

Otherwise one of your field windings is done.
>>
File: ResistorWhy.png (11KB, 499x344px) Image search: [Google]
ResistorWhy.png
11KB, 499x344px
In most simple circuits I see, the authors regularly use a resistor. Why? For instance, in the attached example, the LED would function perfectly without one.
>>
>>946672
Soooo long story short for the electrically illiterate there's a current limit to everything (the wires, the LED, anything else on the circuit) and the resistor limits the current.
>>
>>946690
Agreed, but why not use a <9V battery then
>>
>>946672
Current creates heat
Heat increases resistance
So far so good
LED resistance decreases as it heats up
Resistance decrease means drawing more current means less resistance
This is called thermal runaway and it kills leds that are allowed to overheat from too much voltage.

' it would work' define work
A 110v light bulb would' work' on a240v supply, just not very well or for very long
>>
>>946695
Okay, that makes sense, cheers. But again, why not use a battery with <9V?
>>
>>946693
Good idea just use a battery of exactly the voltage of the led and it will immediately stop working because the battery will have run down below the working voltage as soon as its connected
>>
>>946696
Resistors are cheaper than resizing every other part of a circuit. Also, LEDs have very little internal resistance and need to have that limited by something else to increase longevity.
>>
>>946672
>the LED would function perfectly without one.
But with nothing to limit the current to say less than 20mA the LED would quickly burn out.

>>946698
A lot of cheaper torches use this method of current limiting when there are no resistors in the circuit, the voltage is just low enough to get the LED lite nicely but not enough to push more than a few tens of mA.

For example a 3.6v white LED can be run on 2x aa cells for 3v and it will light up but not too brightly, and negates the cost of an additional driver or current liming resistor.

the disadvantage is that the LED will stop lighting when there is still a decent amount of energy left in the battery's, say when they drop to 2.4v.
>>
>>946666
The thing is, sometimes it works normal or runs for a minute and then shuts off
>>
>>941449
Just stick a fork in it to see if its still on. Make sure you wear a rubber gloves though so you can't get shocked.
>>
So I had an idea just now.

Why not have a normal looking light switch that instead of just turning on and off, why not when you turn it off, it waits 30 seconds before shutting off the lights.

Does such a thing exist?
>>
I need some help with something.
I have a device that requires 10v AC input (not DC power!) I have a DC power supply of the right voltage and amperage, but as you may guess It's not what I'm looking for.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a schematic or suggestion to either ->

>downregulate a 18v AC power supply to 10v
>invert my DC charger to AC
>DIY AC adapter for wall outlet?

I looked at various local online retailers and couldn't find anything for pre-built power supplies, and the only place (guitar center) doesn't have a power supply for this I can buy.
>>
>>946881

there aren't too many gadgets that work on straight AC. so it's more than 50% likely that your mystery gadget will rectify the AC and turn it into DC before using it. in which case, just plugging in a DC supply will work just fine. only it would need to be 14V, not 10V, coz 10V is an RMS voltage, which is 14V peak.

there is almost no chance this can harm the device. however it may not work, since one of the reasons to use AC is that you can more easily create a bipolar supply to generate, say + and -12V for audio devices, like op-amps.

as for finding a replacement, you may find 10V doorbell transformers at a local hardware store. you'd have to add plugs, and make sure you know which side is 120V.
>>
>>946813
Yes, you can do it with an Arduino or similar, a fairly basic circuit with a solid state timer and transistor/ice cube for the mains, or with an old electromechanical timing relay called an agistat. (Not sure on the spelling)

>>946881
Any small 2:1-ish transformer will work.
>>
>>941108
I replaced an outlet like that one (three prong) the other day and I saw that there wasn't a ground cable attached to the ground screw. I thought "shit, are all my outlets like that?" I tested them all, including the old one (so worn out plugs wouldn't stay pushed in), every one came back with a solid ground. Not a single one has a wire on the ground screw. I dug around in the boxes and there is a bare ground wire wrapped around a screw in each box but its not attached to the outlet itself. Is the outlet grounded via the screws attaching it to the box? The house was built in the mid 1960s and most of the outlets are still original.
>>
> Is the outlet grounded via the screws attaching it to the box?

yep, to make it double-plus good, you'd run an extra wire from the socket to the box, but the screws work well enough by themselves.
>>
>>947465
Good to know. Thank you.
>>
File: 1401870278521.png (326KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1401870278521.png
326KB, 450x410px
>>945100
Heating elements
>>
>>946802
Sounds like a rotor problem. Take it apart, look up the info on the motor housing and buy another one from China. >>947399
Yes
>>
I've got 5 knives made from 1095 high carbon steel.

How do I go about hardening them? I made a charcoal fire, got a straight razor blank red hot and plunged it into water.

It wont take and edge and is still very soft, what did I do wrong?
>>
>>948086
So I bought some more charcoal and hooked up a shop vac on reverse to blow air instead of my hand pump.

Started sharpening it just to get the edge the right angle before tempering, and little pieces started to chip off the edge in jagged pieces.

Woo hoo, can't wait for the tempering to be done- GOT MYSELF A NEW CHEF KNIFE.
>>
i'm making a little herb garden in my kitchen

i spent an hour at the hardware store today and decided to go with a 24" flourescent ballast that i wired to plug into the wall and attach it to the wall beside the kitchen table with l hooks

everything was going well until i plugged it in and nothing happened..

turns out i bought t12 bulbs and a t8 ballast

the t12s are 20 watts and the ballast is 17

is that why it's not turning on? or is something else up? (i don't know anything about flouescents.. until just now i thought you just had to get the same length)
>>
>>949149
Fluorescent lights are finicky little bastards. It's very possible that the ballast you have simply doesn't push enough current to excite the tubes you got. Or you wired it wrong. It's impossible to tell from over here, but I would start by exchanging the tubes out for the correct one.
>>
I'm currently fixing up my parents place and finally got around to the garden.
2 questions...
1. What would happen if i were to use a chainsaw and maybe went about an inch into the top soil with it. Would that be a bad idea?
2. Best and easiest way to kill about 10 sqaure meters of grass/weeds (30ish foot)?
>>
>>949377
1:Chainsaws don't like that kind of treatment, so rapid dulling of the blade, stress on moving parts.
2:Roundup. Do a little research and get the right version/use as directed. Effects can vary from killing everything in that soil for a year to simply killing what you spray and you can replant relatively soon with something else.
>>
>>949290
the ballast was defective

fucking cheap shit - spent the whole day trying to figure it out
>>
File: image.jpg (344KB, 880x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344KB, 880x624px
I have a plastic chair that I sit on while I play my guitar, but it always generates static electricity when I do. Is there any diy way to stop this from happening?

Pic semi related
>>
>>949502
Ground yourself.

>>949377
>Would that be a bad idea?
Yes, your chainsaw in take a fuck ton of wear, and you risk snagging something and cutting your damn leg off.

>2. Best and easiest way to kill about 10 sqaure meters of grass/weeds (30ish foot)?

Chemicals or a black tarp.
>>
Whenever my computer is under load my extra monitors flicker. Plugging them into the outlet above doesn't seem to help. Plugging them into a different outlet in the room does fix the issue so I know it's a power issue is there any way to fix this or just live with extra long cables across my room under my carpet
>>
File: help.png (51KB, 911x475px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
51KB, 911x475px
So I have two thin wooden/metal boards and want something in between them that is around 7 inch/15 cm and that I can adjust to be around 1 inch/2 cm lower or higher. Any ideas on what to use?
>>
>>949481
Fucking cheap shit.
>>
I do a lot of audio recording in my basement, but it's keeping my family awake because some of the audio is getting through an exposed airduct. There are no vents on it where I'm located, but the sound is still getting through to other rooms in the house. Would standard audio foam taped to the air duct work in this case? Is there another possible way to dampen the noise?
>>
>>949554
Upsize the power supply feeding your computer.

>>949582
>soooooooper vague question
Can you drill through either sheet? If so, threaded rod and thumbscrews would work fine. If not, maybe some angled shims on a track.
>>
>>949810
do you mean the internal psu for the comp because I don't understand how that will draw less power from the wall
>>
>>949582
Is it like a clamp or what? or does it need to just sit at that size?
>>
File: P_20160221_121911.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160221_121911.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
I'm trying my hand at fixing this led light and trying to figure out where the issue is.
Basically there are three LEDs that should be alternating. The first one in the series lights up, but then it goes out and none of the others go.
I imagine there is an issue with the second LED. But this is my first go with circuits. I wanted a second option before I break out the iron.
>>
>>949817
It's not the current draw that makes your lights dim, it's a matter of voltage drop when the load switches on quickly (faster than 60hz). A bigger power supply means the quality of power isn't changed, thus voltage is more stable, and voila no more flicker. Either that or buy a fuckhuge power factor correction cap and stick it in the outlet.
>>
>>950069
The controller is fucked
>>
>>950132
Cool. I'll just pick one of the LEDs to have on at all times then.
>>
>>950069
bridge the 2nd led with a piece of wire first.
You won't have to solder anything and can see if it's the problem.
>>
>>950129
just tried with a pals 1200W platinum and no difference. the most this system can pull is 500 w at any time. think your average 20 year of home would have a problem with around even 550 w from a single port?
>>
>>949810
Lol sorry bout that. No I can't drill trough the sheets, or maybe at the top for a few mm. A threaded rod with some flat thumbscrew on top could probably work though.

>>949854
Not a clamp, just has to sit like that. Has to be able to hold about 3 lbs though
>>
Can /diy/ give me the value of this inductor, I'm not sure if it's 7.4 Henries or more, it looks chunky and produces 300+ V spikes with just 2 volts.
>>
>>950773
>7.4H
u wot?

do you have a scope?
>>
I have some problems with a circuit I printed yesterday, i put everything it needed, and everything works about fine, but when you put the slightest current through it the regulator goes bonkers and heats enough to fry eggs.
any idea what might be happening?
>>
File: 20160222_231412.jpg (207KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
20160222_231412.jpg
207KB, 816x612px
is this dangerous as fuck, or is it ok?

it's a series of cfl grow lights
>>
what would a drill bit that is conical but has a curved taper@ the end be called?
>>
>>950918

That's why it'll never be legal to grow that shit for personal use, all because of pieces of shit like you that nigger rig their wiring and wind up burning down the neighborhood. Fuck You if you even need to ask if that's safe or not. I bet you got mold like a motherfucker too.
>>
>>950918
That is one of the worst tyings I've ever seen holy shit. Break that apart .
>>
how do i put shelves without drilling holes on the wall?
>>
Any idea how to make caps for syringes? I use them for applying thermal paste and soldering flux in paste form (fuck paste btw) but I don't want anything to dry out or become contaminated. I have one rubber cap from a thermal paste syringe, but I'd need more. Any ideas?
>>
>>950953

I already figured I can cut off the needle part and epoxy the resulting opening, but I'd prefer an alternative.
>>
>>950787
Yes, but I don't have a function generator
>>
>>950918
I don't see any exposed wire and wire nuts are correctly sized, so while it won't pass any inspections, it's not immediately going to combust. Wrap tape around wirenuts and 2 inches down the wire, zip tie the wires for strain relief and it'll be safe.
I'd still recommend going to home depot, buying a junction box and redoing them a inside of it.
>>
>>950818
Is it like an unspoken rule to posting on this board that you have to make every question as vague and meaningless as possible? Anyway, throw a heat sink in that bitch. Best I can do with the information given.

>>950948
Adhesive. Try those 3M stretch off ones.
>>
>>951360
Theoretically, lets say I have a Detolf, and I want to minimise wobbling. Could I cross brace it with transparent nylon, or am I just a retard? Not too taut of course, just enough to add a little stability.
>>
>>951051
Every single wire is shoved through a jagged hole in a piece of sheet metal dude. It's going to cut through the insulation then be live.
>>
>>952686
Like fishing line? I guess. Not as good an idea as getting a stable shelf that doesn't suck balls, but it would work. What do you anchor the line to? Gonna need a hole in your wall for that.
>>
>>950924
Blunt!
>>
>>950129
why does it not happen when he uses a different outlet?

could it be the size of the wiring?
>>
>>950948
skyhooks
>>
>>944487
Can't you read, moron?
>>
>>953876
Um no? I'm american
>>
>>946672
Without delving into electronics theory.

You know what a short is, right?

In electric terms short means you have just put too low resistance between + and -, because a simple wire has too little resistance. This caused too much current to be drawn too fast and the whole thing went to shit.

LED has no (minimal) resistance resistance as well, therefore running LED without an appropriate resistor will act as short too.

That being said, I have not been practicing electronics for almost a decade. When I was about to wrap it up there was a talk about LEDs with integrated resistors being introduced. Never saw one myself, but maybe that is why your's is not burning out as it should. -> Check the typesheet.
>>
>>945092
Nope. It will break the glass.
>>
>>946696
Because so you can buy more common batteries and the batteries will last longer.
>>
>>949502
Ground yourself.
http://www.wikihow.com/Ground-Yourself-to-Avoid-Destroying-a-Computer-with-Electrostatic-Discharge

The same works for you. In construction we use special clothing and footwear discharge static electricity in controlled manner. In explosive spaces [where an uncontrolled static discharge could cause an explosion because of A) actual explosives present B) very fine dust C) chemical vapours] we ground ourselves by attaching ourselves to grounding wires. It is easier to ground yourself than to stop producing static electricity.
>>
>>950529
>think your average 20 year of home would have a problem with around even 550 w from a single port?
Yes it can. Unless the wiring+outlet is specially made for IT/computers it may be too "slow" to react to the demands of the computer, resulting in sudden and short-timed drops in voltage. Easiest way to protect against this is to just use UPS. You can generally buy one for like $50. If you want one with internal battery (i.e. in case of black out you would have enough battery to run your setup for 10 minutes in order to save and close all applications in controlled manner) they usually cost from $100 to $500 depending quality and the longevity of the internal battery.

>in case it isn't clear: UPS == uninterruptible power supply
>>
>>954281
thank you very much, that's a great idea I will def try that out.
>>
>>954281
You just need a power supply with inrush current limiting or sometimes called soft-start.

Or run it off 220V if its available. Most supplies have universal inputs these days anyway.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>950953
>>950955
Wire nuts have a thread built in and screw on pretty well. I'd go with orange ones or maybe small blues. They come in a lot of sizes.

I use them for my caulk tubes.
>>
File: 51N9opx3XaL._SX342_.jpg (16KB, 342x234px) Image search: [Google]
51N9opx3XaL._SX342_.jpg
16KB, 342x234px
>>950924
A unibit? Maybe?
>>
File: 72171-1!2.jpg (39KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
72171-1!2.jpg
39KB, 500x520px
>>950918
Attach a junction box. All splices should be in a junction box, so that if they do burn up, it is contained and limited of oxygen.

Be sure to use the proper wire connectors with it.
>>
>>950918
>>952729
This is also a good point. Make sure you ground your fixture and sleeve those wires. You're asking for an accident
>>
>>945383
Ryobi is probably the best bang for your buck if you're looking to go cheap. Or if you really wanna chintz out, black and decker.
>>
>>946661
Wd-40 makes a silicone spray that works fairly well. Any oil based lubes (such as original wd-40) may harm the rubber coating.
>>
File: k5s8r.jpg (12KB, 310x272px) Image search: [Google]
k5s8r.jpg
12KB, 310x272px
>>947399
Yes the screws are connected to the ground of the outlet. Ideally there should be one on the ground screw so you have a redundant ground, but as they are, they are fairly safe.
>>
>>949623
You could try insulating the duct work
>>
>>949623
Check your outlet for weak connections.
>>
>>953801
Could be a whole different circuit.
>>
File: go-board.jpg (124KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
go-board.jpg
124KB, 1000x667px
I've got a general question:

How to get an image onto wood with limited funds and tools? I want to put a design onto a wooden board, for a boardgame I'm making. It absolutely needs a black grid on it, which can be carved, painted, inked, transferred, or any method that can work. Alternatively, if it was a color image instead, how would people do that? Thanks for any help.
>>
>>954926
14$ will get you a wood burning pen. Looks pretty good imo and won't wear like paint.
>>
>>954926
Just draw it in pen and put a few coats of laquer on it. Or automotive clear coat.
>>
>>946672
> in the attached example, the LED would function perfectly without one.
Unless you use a constant-current LED, it would fail within a matter of milliseconds.

Unlike a resistive load, where the current is directly proportional to the voltage, a LED has a turn-on voltage. Below that voltage, the current through the LED is negligible. Above that voltage, it's whatever it can get.

Ergo, you can't drive an LED by supplying a fixed voltage. Even small variations in the supply voltage or the LEDs turn-on voltage would result in significant changes to the current flowing through it.
>>
Anyone familiar with lighting?

I'm thinking about making a DIY desk lamp (reading lamp) because all of the store-bought ones are either too flimsy or have an arm/neck which is about six inches long.

I'm planning on using a GU10 bulb (narrow beam, large choice of bulbs). The question is: how to hold it? With an ES or BC fitting, it's a simple matter of attaching the base, but I'm not sure if the GU10 fitting is rigid enough, or whether you need to actually hold the bulb itself.
>>
I have a question:

I bought a HDMI switcher which didn't come with an AC adaptator because most HDMI devices send enough electricity through the cable to run the switcher. Well, it looks like as PS4 doesn't.

I searched the whole house and found an old Nokia mobile charger with a fitting plug. I tried it and it works like a charm but the Nokia charger is 3.7v and the HDMI switcher is supposed to need a 5v if I believe what's written on it.

Is there any risk for my stuff if I continue to use the 3.7v charger?
>>
total noob here.
how do I fix the mess the tenant before me left behind the bathroom mirror?
>>
File: miniusb.png (367KB, 450x623px) Image search: [Google]
miniusb.png
367KB, 450x623px
can these be connected?
if so can someone tell me where that big most right thread goes and what it does
>>
>>956381
what are you planning, cutting the wires then soldering to tabs? or do you need the wires to connect to the usb socket or do you need the pcb to connect to the solder points or do you need to connec tthe pcb to the usb socket?

the thick wire is probably the shield. you might not need to connect it to anything

black is gnd
red is 5v
green is d+
white is d-
>>
>>956385
I want to change my mouse its wire to a usb mini-b plug. but when I opened it I found that big wire and I couldnt find too much information about it. (I am a newb in this electricity world and wanted to make this my first project)

and yes the cutting wires to soldering to tabs was my plan
>>
>>956386
you don't want a plug on the mouse, you want a cord. a mouse without a tail is worthless

get mini usb cable
cut one end off
strip back insulation to expose wires
solder wires to mouse board
>>
>>956409
it was more of a try to see if I can make it work it isnt my main mouse. and its worth mentioning its a trackball so a plug wont hurt the least.
>>
Ok

Got a question.

a few months back i got an airbrush and airbrush pump, however its not as good as it could be.

fast forward to today, some relatives want to paint some rooms in their house but don't want to so they are asking around if someone else will do it for them.

NOW here comes me.
I want a new airpump with a tank, and im looking at something like this
http://www.tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-848.html
and some cheap ass airgun, its house paint, it doesn't need to be perfect because anything i do would easily be better than brushing the paint on.

Anyone have experience with airbrush pumps and paint guns? If that pumps not powerful enough, anyone know what one would be that would also make for a good airbrush pump, would be nice to get a new pump and tools on relatives dime.
>>
>>956385
I excluded that probably shield cable and it works.
amazing thank you :D
>>
File: File_000.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Ok, this decal is on the cover of a plastic notebook. My questions are what is the decal probably made from, how can I get rid of it without ruining the plastic underneath, and what can I do to create a new design and put it onto the notebook?
>>
>>956874
that's screen printed
>>
>>956874
rub it with alcohol, nail polish remover, light sandpaper and then heat up the part that was sanded, there are a few methods

if you have a light touch you may be able to scrape it off with an exacto knife.
>>
>>956379
put up a mirror
>>
I can't find a reliable source of good scroll saw patterns that I don't have to buy, Any recommendations?
>>
The hot water line running from under my sink to my dishwasher has a constant pressure pushing water out of it despite having the shut off valve closed. I'd assume this means it's time to replace the shut off valve?
>>
I want to make a device that will allow you to breathe into it and store your breath to be released later. Preferably able to hold as much breath as possible with some sort of psi gauge to show when you're reaching limit.
I figure I can use some sort of basic valve to breathe into like one of the larger ones on some air mattresses, but I don't have any idea what to feed that into to create a compact storage area for the air, I don't even know what the search terms for this kind of thing are because I've never worked with pneumatics before. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>>956874
I've heard sugar cubes are good for removing logos
>>
>>941108
>outlet/socket/
You answered your own question
>>
>>943414
>owning the x bone
>>
>>949502
Don't wear pants.
>>
>>958550
Probably gonna need a check valve to store it into something. What tha hell you doing? How much you wanna store? Look up the average volume of two lungs and go from there ?
>>
Ok, need some help.

I need plastic containers to store shit in, problem is normal shit i find at walmart is not sturdy enough to really do the job, i have 2 sizeable things, one with old electronics one with old papers, and stacked (like they were suppose to work) the lower one caved in, the higher one wasn't even all that heavy.

ANYONE know where i can get sturdy plastic containers for cheap, and when i say sturdy, i mean if i stacked them 4 feet high and filled the shit with water, it would not collapse into itself, a weird way to measure sturdiness, but old kittylitter buckets use to be at least that sturdy.
>>
>>961631
Uline catalogue?
>>
>>961633
are those cheap though? it seems like its asking 60-170$ for 3
>>
Getting a half face respirator for helping my granddad chop wood with the table saw and chainsaw, will any filter do or is
there one I should be looking for.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 363x366px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 363x366px
>>941108
I'm trying to create a system that would collect rainwater for me to use at a different time so I could water my garden
I'm going for a giant supersoaker
The rain falls down into the blue tub. I use the black pump to suck water into to the grey tube and compress it down using the red stopgap thing that only flows one way. Then I repeat so that the water shoots out of the purple hose/nozzle.

Would this work? Anything I need to fix? Any ideas on how to complete the project smoothly? Any pre-existing designs? Can anyone help me straighten out the design?
I'm planning on building it out of just pvc and a plastic barrel
>>
>>962866
A respirator for cutting wood? Seriously?
>>
Hmmmm... I'm not sure if the cutting wheel scores glass like it does ceramic. You could try scoring it with the tile cutter and then try and break it along the edge of a table.

I run a mosaic studio and we use a Toyo glass cutter and a pair of running pliers to break it.
>>
Looking for Schlage interior door handles for the house, about 8-10.

So pricy - where do I get them without sucking someone's knob?
>>
>>962943
I turn and cut with a respirator always, you risk so much lung disease, bronchial problems, sinus problems, or even straight up hemorrhaging dependent on the wood species, but I work as a furniture maker so it's all day every day. If you're just sanding some pallets down for your hip new table once in a blue moon you don't need it, but daily you should and you do.
>>
>>961640
you said sturdy. I don't know how sturdy is.

Ikea?
>>
>>964475
Knobs cost. You want Schlage? they cost.

Costco has some re-branded Bazz handles in my area, and I find them to be very robust, but they are still pricey.
>>
>>964498
Savages.
>>
>>964496
>ANYONE know where i can get sturdy plastic containers for cheap

i said both in my original post.
>>
Just got a rechargeable electric toothbrush, do I keep it charging in its stand? Won't that harm the battery?
>>
Alright, this might not be the right board, but I'm trying to print something to fit into a portfolio. The original image is 24 x 17 and the portfolio is 17 x 13.5

What is the best size for me to print at/how do I find the best size to print at? I'm generally shit at math, so I have no idea what to do with this problem.
>>
>>964822
It wont harm it.
>>
>>946672
here's an idea, embed a resistor within the LED.
>>
File: piku.jpg (95KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
piku.jpg
95KB, 720x480px
Looking for some kind of glue to make street art with perler beads.

What would be the strongest shit to glue the plastic to metal or concrete or whatever?
>>
>>966633
Epoxy
>>
>>966633
Probably just super glue man

Or Silicone Something
http://www.amazon.com/Devcon-12045-Premium-Silicone-Adhesive/dp/B001005TX2

better fucking hang up a red mage somewhere
>>
>>950918
What are those little orange things called?
>>
>>967123
wire nuts
>>
>>964822
Should have protection to prevent it from continuing to charge it after 100%
>>
File: eprom programmer.jpg (35KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
eprom programmer.jpg
35KB, 500x216px
Will an eeprom programmer work with eproms with no additional setup or negative effects? Or do I seriously need a parallel-port-to-usb cable?
>>
I have a peltier module. I want to thermal cycle a couple of cubic centimeters of water around 0C. Doesn't matter how much i go above and below 0C, but the water needs to freeze and melt again and again, the speed is not important.

I was thinking of dipping one side of the peltier in the water, and stick the other side to a large thermal mass, like a block of copper. Then i drive current back and forth through the peltier for some time to swap the heat from the water to the copper.

I would put the whole thing in styrofoam to insulate it from the outside.

Would this method work? Any experience or comments are appreciated.
>>
>>967193
Dont have a willem, i dont know much about that.

I got a chinese usb programmer and it works fine with eproms.
>>
How do I stop my computer speakers from popping loudly when my mini fridge compressor kicks on?

They are in opposite sides of the room, so its not like its the same outlet.
>>
>>968087
Loop back the output to an input with a short wire and see if you can pick up the pop. If you can it is coming from the pc.

If not, the speaker cables are picking up the pop, use shorter wires for the speaker, use shielded the cable
>>
>>967193
EPROMs need high voltage programming supplies, while non-antique EEPROMs don't. The programming algorithms are also different.
In other words, unless it was designed to support EPROMs, no.
>>
>>968128
High voltage is actually 12V so thats not a big deal.
>>
>>968130
It is high enough that you can't handle it with normal 5V logic. Well, and you need to have something capable of supplying it. An EEPROM programmer does not need >12V supplies or pin drivers capable of handling it.
>>
>>968146
Only the WE pin needs 12V, the rest is 5V
>>
Are nitz straps (see pic) just basically a long paracord bracelet with custom colors sold for like 50-100$ ? Can I easily make one myself or is there something he does except the time he puts in it that justifies the price?
>>
>>964475
habit restore or a reuse shop
>>
>>968172
Looks like regular old paracord braids to me.

I made a guitar strap out of paracord, with a real wide braid. It was a bit bouncy but worked fine.
A decent braid like that would be more than adequate for a camera, highly doubt he did anything special
>>
>>951051
>>952729
>>954788

thanks, i haven't installed it yet.. will for sure get a junction box and rewire the whole thing since most of the mess is just from splicing wires because i cut them to short.. will certainly insulate the wire around the sheet metal, tx, never tried this before
>>
File: RUN.png (23KB, 159x240px) Image search: [Google]
RUN.png
23KB, 159x240px
>>941449
>>
>>946239
>buy ones that weren't made in China.
sure, just let me fire up my time machine
>>
>>950936
naw nigguh those are little buds
>>
>>950069
those solder joints are proper shite m8
>>
There's a big crack in my humidifier water tank.
It's thick, clear plastic.
I thought I'd just generously cover the crack with some crazy glue to fix it.
Is there a better way?
>>
How do I properly remove an outlet? I know I just remove the screws to take out the plastic cover and then there's some shit inside with cables attached to it, there's 5 cables total each held with a screw, so obviously I can just unscrew that and pull it out of the hole but what do I do with the cables? Do I need to do anything specific to isolate them? Cover them with tape?
>>
>>969104
Tell me you turned off the breaker first, and tested to make sure there's no pixies left in there? If it'll be quick, and there're no kids in the house to get stupid with it, you can use electrical tape until you replace the outlet. If you're talking about completely removing it for good (or your house is full of idiots/kids) you'll need wire nuts, and you can't bury it in the wall, you have to put a cover plate on it as well. If you leave the house, like to get an outlet to replace it with, put a piece of electrical tape across the breaker and double check it when you get home before you go playing in there.
>>
>>969132
Yes I turned off the breaker that I verified w/ that kinda screwdriver that you put into the outlet to test it that it's not running anymore. I also bought the cover plates, I basically want to remove it all together, so I guess I need wire nuts then? Alright.
>>
>>969138
Not sure how it's wired, but check for pigtails in there. Most outlets, and yours if I read your first post right, have two hot wires, probably black or red if in the US, each connected to their own screw; same for two neutrals, probably white; and two bare grounds (may be pigtailed). If you just wire nut them all off separately your circuit will stop at that point. You will need to twist the hots/blacks (reds, whatever) together, wire nut that, then do the same with the neutrals, and then the grounds as well (if they're already pig tailed you may just have to clip off the tail). Like colors go together.
>>
>>969168
There are actually three black wires, one is connected to one screw and two are connected to the other on top side and I assume those are the hot wires, whereas the two other are connected to the bottom which I assume are neutrals. It's not urgent but eventually I have to remove the outlet and just cover the hole so that there's no outlet.
>>
>>969173
Sounds like an older house with no safety ground. You should still use the same technique, like colors wire nutted together. Some people may say to wrap that with tape once you're done for insurance, not a horrible idea, but I don't know if it does any good. Can't hurt. Good luck.
>>
>>969178
Okay, an update on this thing. It turned out there were 5 cables because there was another wall outlet chained to this one. I removed the other one as well and pulled the cable out of the wall that was chaining the outlets. That left me with just two cables (I assume phase and neutral), which I then cut a bit with pliers/scissors so that the cable wasn't sticking out of the isolation, then I wrapped each individually with electrical tape and covered both holes. Afterwards I turned the breaker on and it seems to work. I'll still have to get rid of these two wires someday, but they're going inside the wall down to the basement and I'd have to use some tool to remove a bit of the wall to access the cable to pull it out but for now it seems to be good.
>>
File: RPG Sidequests.webm (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
RPG Sidequests.webm
3MB, 624x352px
I have to decided to do most maintenance on my motorcycle myself. Apparantly doing this stuff makes me happy, something I did not know about myself.

I have incomplete 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" socket sets. Would it suffice or make sense to only buy sockets and torque wrenches to complete the 1/4" and 1/2" socket sets and leave the 3/8" set incomplete?
>>
File: UART.jpg (129KB, 721x540px) Image search: [Google]
UART.jpg
129KB, 721x540px
What kind of connector is the UART port?
>>
File: naughty_receptacle.jpg (39KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
naughty_receptacle.jpg
39KB, 332x500px
>>941108
>what the fuck is this called?
>>
>>970082
something like this:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/SM05B-ZESS-TB%28LF%29%28SN%29/455-2398-1-ND/1887051

search based on pitch between leads, find one that looks the same
>>
>>967123
In Canada, we call them by the trade name, marettes.
>>
>>969034
Epoxy resin, if it doesn't flex.

or polyurethane caulk/crack sealant if it's smaller and does.

There's also black or pink thick stuff in paint cans for sealing showers and foundations that might work.

Also, if you can find a plastic code on that tank, you can make sure what can go on it.
>>
>>970035
I have decided to go for 1/4" and 3/8" because they will allow me to do everything including the wheel nuts. Some bikes may need a bigger torque wrench for the wheelnuts, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (200KB, 1030x879px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
200KB, 1030x879px
I'm not familiar with building stuff from ground up, so I have a real noob question, I got a cheap 486 (nostalgia wtf) and want to build a covox speech thing for it, mod trackers ftw, but I only have 10k ohm resistors, how to make use of 10k resistors to make one 20k resistor? A or B? Serious question. Please help, thanks.

>pic related
>>
>>970171
serious answer? A
b would be 5k ohm
>>
>>970171
A approved by me
>>
>>970171
A

A = series
Add resistances
R = R1+ R2 + ...

B = Parallel
Add Conductances (1/R)
R = 1 / (1/R1 + 1/R2 + ...)
or if all R's are the same, R = R1/N
>>
File: Socket adapt.jpg (17KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
Socket adapt.jpg
17KB, 500x272px
>>970035
You can get adapters to use one size socket wrench with another size socket.
Just use discretion on how much torque you use so you don't break the smaller socket or wrench.
>>
File: f lamp.jpg (230KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
f lamp.jpg
230KB, 1024x694px
Anyone know what lamp holders one would use for rigging a bi tube fluorescent without a fixture a la pic related?
>>
I woke up today and my breaker is making buzzing sounds, there's a bulky one and a series of smaller ones, the bulky one turns off the electricity altogether in the house, whereas the smaller ones turn off the electricity in individual parts of the house, I tried turning them off one by one and I nailed it to a specific one, do I need to replace it with something or is that caused by something else?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (44KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
44KB, 1100x1100px
>Should I buy these for $8 or should I buy an aluminium rod and turn it down?

Making a little monitor stand, it's going to be a piece of wood, probably stained grey, and have metal feet.

Would the ebay ones be anodized and would I have to worry about corrosion if I just turn down some stock and leave it bare?
>>
>>970521
Remembered I had some spare bearings around. Just going to use them instead.
>>
File: 09809443.png (76KB, 328x314px) Image search: [Google]
09809443.png
76KB, 328x314px
How hard would I be to disassemble a linear bearing like this?

I just need the flange part.
>>
File: 51f-i0b4FeL._SL1500_.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51f-i0b4FeL._SL1500_.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
I want to polish a smartphone camera front element with some fairly heavy scratching. Can you give me some thoughts on methods and compounds to use?

I was going to use a series of diamond pastes, from 5μ to .25μ, with some felt tip polishing tools from amazon, and polish by hand. Comes out to ~$20.
>>
>>970527
why don't you just get a flange then
>>
File: best-sleeper-sofa.jpg (33KB, 655x459px) Image search: [Google]
best-sleeper-sofa.jpg
33KB, 655x459px
>>941108

im moving soon and ill probably end up having to get a sleeper sofa and more than likely ill get a used one off craigslist.

seeing as thats the case, i want to know how to clean the absolute fuck out of it if i do. i know i can get a new mattress for it if i need to but how do i clean the couch itself?
>>
Con eso te pegas un calandrazo y la Palmas
>>
>>970625
I once took apart a couch so that I could fit it into a dumpster instead of taking it to the dump. It was very clean at the time. When I opened it up the amount of dirt, hair, spare change, and other garbage that fell out of it blew my mind. It was all stuffed up into places that you simply can't get to.

TL;DR
You can't get it clean.
>>
>>970634

well what about just the cushions then? i can at least baking soda and borax the shit out of it right?
>>
File: IMG_20160331_170313829.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160331_170313829.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
The screw form the knife fits in the hanger clip.
>>
Is trading my newer Dewalt drill with two batteries a good trade for a Rigid drill impact, and reciprocating saw with two batteries? All the Rigid tools are a few years old. I mean it's 3 tools for one, but I don't know if Rigid is a worse brand. My dad is offering to trade me.

I'm not sure if he's trying to stiff me somehow (he honestly would) or if he's just succumbed to his OCD since the rest of his tools are Dewalt.
>>
>>970725
Brushless motor in your drill?
>>
>>970754
Negative, and it takes the older NiCd batteries.
>>
>>970786
If the rigid are lithiums I would trade
>>
>>956874
Just use some acetone/nail polish remover. Should come right off. Then if depends on what type of decal or design you want, but you could buy some paint markers and draw it on.
>>
How does man name this connector please ?
>>
>>971036
That's a "2-pin connector" unfortunately the names a little ambiguous but you should find what you're looking for under that term.
>>
Does anyone have any videos related to shoe making and/or repair?
>>
Looking at buying or building a 12x16 shed and came across these kits. Thoughts?

http://www.elitedeals.com/woodshed.html
>>
File: 20160401_195841.jpg (121KB, 571x475px) Image search: [Google]
20160401_195841.jpg
121KB, 571x475px
sup /diy/ I've got an old mobile home and this is the "wood" that's used for all the cabinets, the bar, trim, etc. I want to update it but some of the "wood" (especially in the bar area) is in bad shape so rather than just paint it, I plan to actually take the paneling off and replace it with something (bead board, wainscot, etc), I'm just not sure what yet.

I can't really find anything online about this, but from the look of it, I should be able to remove the cabinet doors, then take the face of the cabinets off and use it as a template to cut a new piece (again, not sure what kind of material I'd use) then put the new up where the old piece was. I'm not talking about redoing the shelves, just the exterior (front and any visible sides). Does that seem possible? Then of course I'd buy new cabinet doors, something simple and plain (anything is better than what I have now!) I just can't afford all new cabinets.

So my questions are: does that^^^ seem possible and what kind of wood or paneling would look decent for the facing of the cabinets (which would also be used on the bar)? Whatever is chosen, I'd need to be able to find doors that would be able to match. I'm not too picky, I'm just poor and want to do some upgrades
>>
>>971274
How bad of shape? I'd probably just sand and refinish it but it's possible to do what you want if you take accurate measurements and get the right size doors. Don't know if it'll look great but it'll work at least.
>>
File: HV OP AMP.jpg (1MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
HV OP AMP.jpg
1MB, 4160x3088px
Hi guys, picked these two at an auction, what are they used for? In case the image isn't clear, it is a High Voltage DC Op Amp, made by Burleigh model PZ-70. I can see that it is meant to drive piezoelectronics, but where else would these see use?
>>
File: tube.jpg (40KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
tube.jpg
40KB, 700x800px
I'm moving into a place with air bricks pretty high up the walls.
I want to rig the air exhaust of a portable air conditioner to use them but the manual says the outlet (end of the tube) shouldn't be any more than 4ft higher than the base of the machine. The air bricks are about 7ft up and they're pretty thick so the airflow would be a bit limited.

I don't want to put the a/c on a table since it's fucking huge and I want to move it around easily (it's on wheels).

There's no justification for what the manual said and I can't find anything online, is there some sort of rule for exhaust elevation I should know before I get to work?
>>
>>971399
The A/C unit probably doesn't have enough ventilation on the heating end to push the air that much. If you go ahead and try to push it, I doubt anything would go wrong short term(a quick cycle, may be half an hour of 50% duty). Within the duct, you could put an exhaust fan to pull the hot air away from the a/c, and go ahead with whatever you have planned, just make sure it is rated for whatever flow the a/c is putting out or higher.
>>
>>970627
BUILD WALL
>>
>>970248
you needs a ballast
a box that turns line voltage into the requirements the lamp needs
you can get ballasts from abandoned houses, CFLs, refurbs, etc

G13 base AKA medium bi-pin
its more of a PITA than in the pic to make a fluorescent fixture like that, especially if you want it to be safe
>>
>>971146
Those are corporates videos, but it gives enough idea on the processes.

>shoe making
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ciMkBjqfc
>shoe repair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWA9Sy_IWdM
>>
>>971276
bad as in a dog has used the corner of the bar as a place to mark his territory. I figure I'll have to remove the paneling, maybe even replace the boards underneath. Definitely replacing the carpet and possibly a section of floor there as well. I've tried cleaners with enzymes and they still don't get rid of the smell. It's awful. The cabinets are in ok shape, they're just inexpensive and outdated, and I'd like them to match the bar
>>
File: DR65372.jpg (65KB, 600x542px) Image search: [Google]
DR65372.jpg
65KB, 600x542px
Are the Draper and Wera interchangeable VDE screwdrivers compatible with each other? I'm veering towards no, but they look like they just might match and the shaft is definitely the same size. Got a Draper set but the Wera range is much wider and they actually sell replacement blades for something other than the flat screwdrivers.
>>
File: 21OGtYI1FaL.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
21OGtYI1FaL.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
>>971431
This, right? I knows ballasts. But is there a safety concern if the fixture itself comes in contact with the bulb?
>>
File: ez base.png (250KB, 1062x740px) Image search: [Google]
ez base.png
250KB, 1062x740px
House inspector said I needed a railing for my deck. I bought pic related to attach with some wedge anchors to a concrete pad that is already at the base of my deck. However the concrete pad is old and is no longer level. How do I install this so my deck post will be vertical???
>>
>>971725
I don't really see a way other than using an angled slab of material to slip the bolts through and secure it between the e-z-base and the concrete slab. Probably gonna look bad and depending on the material it might also rot away fairly quickly.
>>
>>971607
> fucking around with VDE sets
It's like you don't really appreciate the point of isolated handles.
They might work, but your insurance sure won't.
>>
File: 1459484776749.jpg (57KB, 475x650px) Image search: [Google]
1459484776749.jpg
57KB, 475x650px
>>971729
Thanks I guess I could try to jack the concrete pad up. But I figured there was a really simple answer I was overlooking. I thought it would a common problem. I may just put it up crooked though it will look ridiculous. I'll probably try some cedar shims first.
>>
File: IMAG0387.jpg (757KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0387.jpg
757KB, 1520x2688px
part of my wall got scratched off
what's the best way to fix it?
I'll post 2 more pictures and thanks in advance
>>
File: IMAG0388.jpg (743KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0388.jpg
743KB, 2688x1520px
>>971764
picture 2
>>
File: IMAG0390.jpg (899KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0390.jpg
899KB, 1520x2688px
>>971766
picture 3
please do assume that I am an idiot, because I am when it comes to home repair stuff. I can take more pictures if you'd like
>>
>>971764
>>971766
>>971767
Paint it.
>>
>>941108
Spray prime to help with paper sucking in moisture. Little drywall joint compound over that with a putty knife. Light sanding with a medium/fine sanding sponge, then its ready for paint.
>>
>>941108
I need to decrease current in a circuit (coming from a wall outlet) to 4.5A, it is currently running through a high power bridge rectifier and transformer turned electo-magnet, and needs to keep the DC voltage.
I priced checked using high-voltage resistors to do this, but it appears too pricey ($160)

My question is, is there any other way to do this?
>>
>>971770
spackle, sand, paint?
>>
>>971599
Ah I see. Did you use vinegar? 1/10 with water works pretty good on piss.
>>
>>970625
>seeing as thats the case, i want to know how to clean the absolute fuck out of it if i do. i know i can get a new mattress for it if i need to but how do i clean the couch itself?

get a cheap futon and put a real mattress on it, then get some big pillows, or by a boxspring and put iot on the floor.
>>
>>970625
You could get an inflatable air mattress from Walmart or whatever that won't have any cooties on it. You could break it down and roll it up every day and inflate it at night. They're not too bad.
>>
How hard would it be to make my own slip ring? Its basically just conductive rings and brushes, right?
>>
I did some welding in uni.
It was weirdly fun and satisfying ,plus it seems like a nice skill to have.
I don't know anything about the machines need a welder to be honest. also money is tight.

my "plan" is to monitor ebay and grab something slightly above crappy for a very nice price and have some fun till I can get a proper machine.

I'm quite interested in TIG welding.
could you guys point me into the direction of some minimum requirements ?
>>
>>971921
Depends where you live. Anything that requires gas is a hassle unless you're making money from your welds, TIG, MIG, OXY. Stick welders are the hobbyist's choice because they don't require hiring gas cylinders and all of the bureaucracy and money that goes with that. Also some welders require more power than your standard outlet will supply, if you're going to get a 2nd hand industrial one.
>>
File: 528e4ba94661c_71936b.jpg (98KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
528e4ba94661c_71936b.jpg
98KB, 640x802px
Hey /diy/, first time poster here, please forgive my ignorance of any board customs / my lack of electrical knowledge.

I have a quick question about replacing a lightbulb. I purchased a little Fisher Price lantern at a thrift store recently-- it's exactly image attached (thanks google). It uses a tiny little bayonet bulb marked "DORCY Xenon 4.8v 0.79A". I'd like to replace it with as bright an LED bulb it can take, but I have no idea what it can and cannot take. It takes two AA batteries-- I've opened it up to look at the guts and can provide more info if there are any additional info needed. I couldn't find anything about wattage on it(?).

Thanks for your help!
>>
>>972085
wattage = V*I
so the max wattage LED bulb can be is...
3.792 watts

i'd be safe and look for a 3.5W LED
>>
>>972092
a 3.5W LED is equivalent to a 14W incandescent.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (18KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
18KB, 500x363px
EUROfag here, is it just me or is europe completely ignoring pocket hole joinery? what's up with that? haven't seen this stuff anywhere...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160403-221104.png (300KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160403-221104.png
300KB, 1080x1920px
>>972180
It's easy to get if you really look for it. It's not as common because it's shit and hasn't caught on.
>>
>>972180
Its mostly used in cabinetry (kitchens and such, not furniture) where I live. When they want to build something cheaply and quickly and it will probably be torn out in 10 years anyway when styles change. IE for shit that doesn't need to be moved, stand up to any kind of abuse or last very long.
>>
A lot of people throw away electronics around where I like and the thrift stores are filled with nearly free junk. What parts should I look for to salvage?
>>
>>971844
I've tried vinegar, spot shot, nature's miracle (enzyme), another pet odor remover, windex (that's my go to cleaner for everything lol).

The paneling has actually started to bubble at the bottom, so I almost prefer to just remove/replace it
>>
>>943414
it might be called something else where you are but I know it as Fablon, or you could do a google search for "wood effect stick back plastic".
>>
>>966633
Epoxy is badass, it comes in two parts and you mix it together and use it, it takes between five and twenty minutes to set, according what type you buy (fast drying or slow), and it sets rock hard.
>>
>>970625
get a 3 seater sofa and just sleep on that instead, they're cheaper to pick up and you can wash the cushion covers easily, I slept on one for three years until I could move into a proper apartment, just put a sheet over the cushions before you lay down, that way the cover won't get so dirty.
>>
File: 1kg_vacuum_printing_ink_can.jpg (15KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1kg_vacuum_printing_ink_can.jpg
15KB, 500x335px
Anyone one here who is a litho printer or uses 1kg vacuum cans in their line of work?

I'm a hobby printer, to save money I brought my ink in bulk, these cans are bitch to open.
I've been using a large flathead screwdriver but after a year of that the lid is becoming all distorted and is no longer a decent vacuum fit.

There has to be a correct tool for the job, anyone know what it is?
>>
>>972505
You cleaning off the rim everytime? Also I run a piece of electrical tape around the outside seam. Also you could cut a sheet of wax paper to sit on top of the ink if you're worried about air exposure.

Not much help, but I got cans of ink almost 5 years old that is still good with mangled lids.

Are you a fine art printmaker or just doing like commercial offset printing ?
>>
File: inposhibiru.png (4KB, 693x276px) Image search: [Google]
inposhibiru.png
4KB, 693x276px
Is it possible to "carve" pic related in a single plank?
>>
Opinions/experience on a DIY deli slicer?

I'd like to be able to make thin slices for sandwiches out of meats I've already cooked, like chicken breast, steak, etc.
>>
>>972614
Depends on how long this plank is. It'd be much easier to make it out of 3 pieces and glue it together if you've got a dado head and a table saw.
>>
>>972614
>Is it possible to "carve" pic related in a single plank?

Your best bet is to cut that into 3 slices. Cut the middle and top to size and glue it back together. Unless you have a router bit specifically sized for what you're trying to do, of course.
>>
>>972638
>>972640
>router
This is the tool I was hoping would exist, but didn't know the name!

Still, cut-and-glue seems way easier. Thanks, both of you!
>>
>>972085
You can't just replace a filament bulb with an LED.

Also, if that 4.8V bulb is running directly from the 2x1.5V batteries (without a boost converter), it will be drawing less than the rated 0.79A (maybe as low as 0.5A).

And you won't be able to power most white LEDs directly from 3V (although some go down to 2.5V, most are closer to 4V).
>>
Is it possible to remove paint from textured drywall?
>>
>>962871
modify this design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaho7JSVS1I
red part is a check valve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6own141z0
>>
File: Untitled.png (170KB, 532x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
170KB, 532x658px
How do you tell if a design is structurally sound?

This is what I came up with for making a bed with drawers. The drawers will have bottom mount sliders and be on both sides. Nothing I've made has been something that takes the kind of abuse a bed frame does.

It wouldn't be hard to add a third support to the drawers or make the supports for them thicker. adding a beam in the middle under the slats would be a little more work but not too much.
>>
>>941108
Key cleaner
>>
File: wood joint reinfrocements.jpg (28KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
wood joint reinfrocements.jpg
28KB, 360x360px
>>972891
pic provides insufficient info to make a determination, i think. (not an engineer)
general tips
nothing attached by less than three points
the purpose of the structure is to redirect forces from sleeper to the four posts but do not overlook getting in out of bed or sex, this will cause the frame to flex at corners reinforce in all corners and joints with pic related.
also some CAD software will do stress tests but those are expensive.
build scale model use scale forces to test.
when in doubt over build bed that can hold car will hold you easily.
>>
>>972891
I'm more concerned about the frame its self. You need some sort of bracing on the long run between the posts. a rail that runs between the legs under the shelves would be sufficient. Also, the height of the bed seems very high.

Best bet will probably be making the drawers side one solid piece with connections to the rails above and below the drawers.

Remember, this whole thing needs to come apart to be able to move it.
>>
Is there anything i need to keep in mind when digging 150cm deep trench for water pipe, using just pickaxe and shovel?
Never done anything like that before.
>>
File: Trench-diagrams.jpg (11KB, 564x249px) Image search: [Google]
Trench-diagrams.jpg
11KB, 564x249px
>>973167
other utilities will be down there somewhere, try not to damage them.

most soils will slump, you might need to move a lot more soil than you were expecting, because the walls will break apart and slide down into the trench as you dig.
>>
>>973167
Also if you wanna keep the grass presentable.cut it with a shovel in the shape of really long "C". You can skim it up and fold it over. And a tarp to throw the loose dirt on could be handy. Also my power provider has a free service where they'll come and mark all the utilities
>>
>>973167
GET YOUR LINES MARKED

There is usually a service that contacts relevant utilities and they come out and mark their lines at no charge to you. How long is this trench going to be? And how many people will be helping you? It will be worth EVERY PENNY to rent a track hoe and get it done in a weekend instead of dragging it out over (several) months.
>>
File: 1424554401427.jpg (24KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1424554401427.jpg
24KB, 500x347px
>>970566
Never had to polish that, but have done a shitton of metal polishing etc to mirror finish. I'd suggest maybe finding out if it'd be a smarter idea to just replace the front glass / front assembly of the smartphone for a clear lense, otherwise you are in for a world of elbow grease that might end up being shit anyway (since the glass scratches might end up being too deep, and small area to work with -> chance of fuckup increase)
>>
File: 52492424.jpg (25KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
52492424.jpg
25KB, 295x295px
How much strength does sand add to cement? Or is it just used to bulk out the cement?
>>
>>941108
>First, one that has a usb built into it.
Don't.
>>
File: 0980928343.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0980928343.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
How would I make pine this colour? Just some sort of stain/varnish/estapol?
>>
Are there good alternatives for the Leatherman Wave around that same price point?
>>
>>973592
>same price point
why not just buy a leatherman wave then?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3318x2212px
>>973572
Steel wool, white vinegar and tea.
>>
>>972599
Thank you for the reply.

Yes I'm a art printer, nothing fine art just traditional letterpress.

I'll clean up the cans and add some tape.
>>
>>973606
Yes, exactly that, thank you. Glad I don't have to buy expensive cans of shit.
>>
>>973607
Cool

You could also get one of those paint can openers. Its like a little mini hook/pry bar with a bottle opener on the other end.
>>
File: led_kennlinie.jpg (16KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
led_kennlinie.jpg
16KB, 400x402px
>>946672
P = U * I , Wattage = Voltage * Current
U = R * I , Voltage = Resistance * Current

Standard red LED needs 1.7V@10mA, so an equal resistance of

R= U / I = 1.7V / 10mA = 170Ohm
and a Wattage of P = U * I = 1.7V * 10mA = 17mW

Now, the resistance of LEDs doesn't increase linearly, since they're diodes and not resistors ( as lightbulbs would be more or less. Those become influenced by heat, but that's not what we're discussing here) - the equivalent resistance is smaller the more voltage you apply. See it as a revolving door. The more pressure you put on it, the more open it gets.
See pic related.
At some point, when you're providing too much current, it just breaks, goes out and poof, everything gone. Like the revolving door getting pushed out of its hinges.
just look at the graph, at 9V you'd be applying at least 1A, probably a lot more. That's over 9W instead of 17mW, that's a factor of 500!
So, poof, LED dead.

Now, to prevent that, you basically make a voltage divider with a resistor, since 2 resistors in series divide the voltage in between themselves, but keep the same current.
So, the voltage that should flow through the diode is 1.7V @ 10mA. Leaves 7.3V @ 10mA for the resistor because 9V - 1.7 V = 7.3V. R = U / I = 7.3V / 10mA = 730 Ohm.

Boom. Correct current and voltage.

Trust me, I'm an EE.
I know the question is old, but I got triggered by all those 2ez explanations.
>>
File: DSC_0053.jpg (496KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0053.jpg
496KB, 1440x2560px
What microphone goes into this CB radio? I don't know anything about these devices.
>>
File: DSC_0055.jpg (509KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0055.jpg
509KB, 1440x2560px
>>973776

Furthermore, what are those connections?
Is it even worth it to play with this thing? I received it from a friend who didn't know if it works or not.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (301KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
301KB, 800x832px
>>973777
Those are for a PA (public address) and an external speaker.

CBs use a push to talk mic.
>>
>>973776
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VANCO-CBM74M-4-PIN-DIN-NOISE-CANCELLING-CB-HAND-MICROPHONE-FOR-MIDLAND-/401023958152
>>
File: 1445409461432.gif (139KB, 430x431px) Image search: [Google]
1445409461432.gif
139KB, 430x431px
What's the best way to join wire together? I make generally small wire sculptures. Would soldering be fine? Can you weld something so thin? Welding seems like a hardier join since it's not introducing other metal, but I already know how to solder and soldering seems like a cheaper investment. Would it be worth it? I usually use like 24 gauge wire if that helps, but I have some 16 gauge I've been working with as of late.

squidcat for your thoughts
>>
>>973881
Soldering is fine, if it will flow the the type of wire you're using.
>>
>>973884
Thanks. When should I consider welding?
>>
>>973902
When you have money to spend and need to make structurally sound connections.

see:
>>971924

Tig is usually the best for small welds but requires gas, Stick which doesn't require gas is usually for larger welds but you can get smaller electrodes, might take a lot of practice, You'll have to start using a thicker gauge wire with a solid core though. Average lead tin soldering is pretty strong if you make sure not to cold solder, then there's also silver solder which is much stronger and good for small connections, think glasses frames.
>>
money please.. Send PayPal invoice to: [email protected]
>>
File: 1446784691142.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446784691142.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>973909
Thanks so much.
>>
>>973902
>When should I consider welding?
I sometimes weld wire as part of various metal sculptures. The tricky part of welding as opposed to soldering is that the wire loses its strength while it's being welded, so you have to have everything in just the right shape, with no residual stress, or it will spring apart / deform as you make the next weld. The nice thing about welding is that it can give you a seamless-looking 90,000 psi (I mostly build stuff with stainless) connection. Laying two wires across each other and melting them together makes a very nice flat cross joint as strong as the wires themselves, and such simple connections are easy to incorporate into other structures where you don't have to worry about residual stresses so much.

With a lift-arc TIG machine, I can fuse-weld MIG wire just fine, and I occasionally put fillets around a 1/16" wire where it attaches to something else. The ability to weld tiny stuff depends on dexterity, skill at directing heat and liquid metal, and a machine that offers good control at low amperages. Unless you're already a good welder, I suggest a machine with a foot pedal control and high-frequency arc start, such as a Miller Diversion. That's pricy by DIY standards, but the control to do tiny stuff well is mostly a feature of nicer machines. Really nice machines like Dynasties give control down to one amp.

Whether welding would be worth it depends on how much benefit you'd get from it.
>>
>>972180
because pocket holes are weaker and aren't worth it if you have time, all they are good for is quick shit.
>>
>>972891
google the wood and joint type, you should find shit on almost anything, and that will give you a good indication.

if you are legitimately wondering if something is structurally sound and already know the limits, then you may want to look at a stronger material.
>>
File: 30948509384.jpg (373KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
30948509384.jpg
373KB, 1000x563px
>>973606
>>973608
About 24 hours later, Not noticing much change in colour. Used white vinegar and steel wool that I've had sitting around for about 4 years. I'll do some actual tests tomorrow, tea, coffee, woods that have tannin naturally if I have some.
>>
>>974164
are you sure you didnt use distilled water? its the only way I can see steel wool not rusting in an oxygen free environment.
>>
File: paper_clip_art_kw38.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
paper_clip_art_kw38.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
>>973881
>I make generally small wire sculptures. Would soldering be fine? Can you weld something so thin?
You can weld it (pic related) but brazing may work better.
For welding small things like jewelry, they make,,,, "jewelry torches". This is a tiny version of a oxy-fuel torch that has fittings that go onto regular oxy-acetylene tanks. You can also use it with propane, mapp or hydrogen fuel too, if you need to. The picture is some paper clips I welded together the day I got my jewelry torch. It works.

At least for carbon steel--brazing or soldering would probably be better than welding because when you weld a thin steel part with a torch, it is possible to lose a significant portion of the part's thickness through oxidization on the back side of the weld area (the back side instantly rusts). Brazing and soldering are done at a far lower temperature, and this burn-off doesn't occur. Welding is like 2600F° and brazing is only around 1500F°. (this is why vintage steel bicycle frames were usually brazed together with lugs instead of being welded) Soldering is even lower, down around 500 - 1000F°.

Laser welding is the best choice for really small joins, but it costs a billion dollars.

There is another option for doing small welding, and that is called "capacitive discharge welding". What this is, is a small-scale spot welder.
They are used in various kinds of labs and industries to join tiny pieces of metal. I've never had one or used one, I've only heard about them.
There are guides around online showing to build one yourself; the basic circuit is not complicated.
One example:
http://hackaday.com/2012/08/01/hundred-dollar-capacitive-discharge-welder/
>>
File: 0983049584.jpg (417KB, 600x1115px) Image search: [Google]
0983049584.jpg
417KB, 600x1115px
>>974171
Positive, quality assured and everything.
>>
File: chassis25.jpg (156KB, 590x509px) Image search: [Google]
chassis25.jpg
156KB, 590x509px
Hello sweet QTTDOT thread!

I need to punch a 1 - 3/16 hole through a 1/4 inch aluminum plate for an electrical conduit. Yesterday, I did what I usually do for thinner aluminum sheets and I set up a 1-3/16 greenlee chassis punch, ready for extraction.

I started turning it down and, like it usually does, it got pretty tough as I started cutting deeper into the aluminum. I pulled out my specialty "torque multiplier" (fat steel pipe) and slipped it over my ratchet and started cranking away. Anyway, I only got about maybe 1/16 " into the metal when I was really pushing it, and I gave a big push... snap. The bolt had snapped right in half sending the die punch flying across the shop (hit a shelf, no problem). So now I've got a punch that needs a new bolt, not a big deal, but I don't want to try again if I'm just gonna snap bolts.

Am I doing this all wrong? I don't have a hole saw big enough to use for this. Are chassis punches the right tool for what I'm trying to do? For future reference, what's the best way to make holes bigger than 1/2 inch on 1/4 to 1 inch steel/alum metal?

thanks /diy/
>>
>>974238

jesus punching 1/4" alum plate???

you should be using a hole saw
>>
File: 71-10120.jpg (39KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
71-10120.jpg
39KB, 239x300px
>>974179
that's what you get for shopping at coles, cunt.

but srsly, steel wool will turn to rust overnight if you leave it in dish water. it is possible that you did not buy steel wool but instead bought some kind of synthetic steel wool.
>>
File: hqdefault (22).jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (22).jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>974179
try this on some of your steel wool and see if it works. also, dont close the lid because soaking the steel wool is all about making iron oxide. if you shut off the supply of oxygen it wont work.
>>
I recently moved into a new apartment with my brother and most of the outlets are 2 prongs. really old and shit, sunken unto the walls too. my brother asked the landlord if it was ok to switch some of those with 3 prongs sobbed could plug in surge protectors and I could put my pc together. but the landlord said it's ok to put a 3 prong adapter in and plug everything into that. is that true? would that be safe?
>>
>>974245
Like I said before, I don't have hole saw bits bigger than 3/4 inch....
Should I just buckle down and buy some hole saw bits?
>>
File: Rotabroach_1-350x.jpg (15KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
Rotabroach_1-350x.jpg
15KB, 350x198px
>>974238
>what's the best way to make holes bigger than 1/2 inch on 1/4 to 1 inch steel/alum metal?
CNC laser. But lacking that, a rotabroach or similar annular cutter. They cut better than hole saws for medium-size holes. Lacking that, a hole saw or large drill bit. Lacking that, a smaller drill bit and a rotary file or carbide burr.

>>974301
>is that true?
Generally, no. Two-prong outlets lack a ground, and things with three-prong plugs are built with grounding for safety. However, such adapters typically have a place to attach a ground wire. You'd have to find a ground to wire it to yourself, but that would set up a functional ground connection.
>>
>>974358
ok thanks. I'll have talk to the landlord since I don't think the outlets are grounded. there is one 3 prong in another area of the housd but the surge protector says it isn't grounded. but if I was to use an adapter for now and plug a surge protector and a lot of stuff would there be a fire hazard?
>>
>>966633
If you go the epoxy (jb weld maybe)route, you might want to run double sided tape around the border so you don't have to sit and hold it against the wall.
>>
File: 122342lrg.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
122342lrg.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>974274
It's Sifa brand, doesn't say anything about being synthetic on the box.

>>974275
Ran 9v/2a through it and it burnt, not as spectacularly as your pic though.

I notice when I go to stir it there's a lot of bubbles that have formed which would indicate a reaction I guess, looking closely it looks like there's little particles in the mix, whether that's oxidisation or just small strands coming loose I don't know. Anyway, I'm just going to try it and find out.
>>
File: 1444269773557.gif (3MB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
1444269773557.gif
3MB, 176x176px
>>974175
>>974150

Much appreciated, gentlefolks.
>>
>>974360
>would there be a fire hazard?
A ground protects against shocks rather than fire and overheating (check the circuit wiring and fuse against what you'll be using for that). If your equipment is in good shape, it shouldn't be a problem. Just be aware that without a working ground connection, things will be fail-dangerous rather than fail-safe. IIRC, the conduit can typically be used for a ground if the wiring lacks one, but modern codes don't like that.
>>
how crappy are the 936 clone soldering stations? i need to upgrade from my iron to something more powerful. aoyue is present here in europe so it shouldn't be too bad... ? otherwise i need to go for a toolcraft brand.
>>
anyone have experience eliminating foot odor? I've read up on a few methods but thought I'd ask here anyway. I'm thinking of trying apple cider vinegar foot soaks
>>
>>975707
I'd do that. Put your shoes overnight in the freezer too. Maybe look at your diet? And if you have any fungal infections. I don't have any experience with foot odor, but that's my logic. I can attest to the shoe in the freezer thing.
>>
>>975930
the apple cider vinegar is supposed to kill any bacteria that's living on your feet, so I'll give that a go. Hadn't heard of the shoes in the freezer thing. I wonder if any food will absorb the shoe smell? It really is the most pungent thing I've ever smelled. Like rot or something. Almost smells like ammonia sometimes in that the smell burns my nostrils!
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.