[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dog tore up the flooring in my apartments bathroom today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My dog tore up the flooring in my apartments bathroom today, where would I start on fixing this myself as I don't want to deal with anyone from the apartment and paying way too much for them to fix it. Also how difficult will this be?
>>
>>938819
Do you live in Tempe Arizona? I might be in the same apartment complex as you dude. I have the EXACT same bathroom by the looks of it.
>>
>>938830
No I'm in Columbus, Ga
>>
>>938830
sheeit, i have that exact flooring, weird. you're probably fucked but i would just have a flooring guy come in and do it for you undercover. or the other option and what would look best would be to tear it all up and re-floor it yourself from youtube vids if you're not a retard. sand the wood and wall scratches and use filler if needed and repaint.

also get a kennel and bark collar for your dog you dumb nigger dont lock it in the fucking bathroom when you go out to buy anime and yugioh cards
>>
>>938833
My retard wife did it while I was out, and thanks. Shit.
>>
>>938832
Shhhiieet I thought I was the only guy on this board from there
>>
Go to local Home Depot.

Buy appropriate amount of faux wood sheet vinyl. Affix to floor with glue or double sided tape.
>>
Either talk to one of the guys from the complex and have them do it on the side or hire a handyman.

That flooring goes under the trim, which you might notice has trim with 9 coats of paint on it.

Or just put a rug over it and kiss your deposit goodbye.
>>
>>938869
That's just a piece of quad bradded go the actual trim.

>>938819
Remove the quad that you have to. Cut the vinyl flooring somewhere you won't be able to see a join. Remove waste. Direct stick new cut to size vinyl.

Holy shit don't lock your dog up in the bathroom what did you expect?
>>
>>938819
You'll have to replace the whole patch of vinyl and get a small tub of wall putty for the chunks in the trim. As long as it looks decent when you are done, you'll be fine. Apartments are poorly managed so if you say "What do you mean the floor is different, it was like that when I moved in" if they ever actually say anything then you'll probably get away with it.
>>
OP, when taking off the quarter round, make sure you pry from above (in between it and the base) and not below, or else you'll leave marks on the bottom that you can't caulk.
>>
>>938819
You start by shooting your uncivilized animal
>>
>>938838
>My retard wife did it while I was out

Don't lock your wife in the fucking bathroom when you go out.
>>
>>939028
lol I like you, you are my friend now
>>
>>938842
If you wanna give me a throwaway email I'll hit you up and pay you to help me
>>
Well the good news is it's a glue down style wood floor with thin vinyl planking. You should be able to razor blade out the torn sections. Working one row at a time make a straight razor cut then remove that section. Then just cut the appropriate length and glue in a new piece. The hard part will be finding a glue down vinyl plank of the same color pattern. Check Home Depot, Lowes, and Lumber Liquidator for starters. As for the glue you can use a small thing of liquid nails caulk since its such a small section. No sense in buying a full tub of glue for something that small.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.