[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i make custom shelfs where I just hammer wood to the wall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do i make custom shelfs where I just hammer wood to the wall? Where can I buy these goods?
>>
Are you asking where to buy lumber? I'm not sure where you are, but for the US, there's big box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot that sell wood. Nothing special but it's something. I is it supposed to be decoration? If you need help on this stuff, we're gonna need more details.
>>
>>934855
You can't.

>I think that's the easiest way of answering this one.
>>
>>934855
lol
seriously just lol
>>
>>934855
you have to have a wide backing plate for the shelf with nails already in place, hence you can just "hammer the thing into the wall"
>>
Buy
Lag bolts in whatever size fits your application
Drill pilot hole in stud and leave the a portion of the bolt protruding from the wall
Cut hex head off do the bolt with a saw
Drill holes In the shelf, slide the shelf over the bolts
After dry fit add construction adhesive in the holes of the shelf.
Bonus points if you scribe the shelf to fit the wall
Or
Google >>hidden support shelving
The board in OPs picture should not be sitting on top of the bolt, drill the shelf and slide the shelf onto the bolt.
>>
File: 1448018488956.jpg (32KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1448018488956.jpg
32KB, 768x768px
>>935399

Did you even read what he said or are you just as retarded as OP?

>drill pilot hole
>I want shelves I can just hammer In
>>
>>935414
drilling > hammering
>>
>>935414
Ok idiot
Get a piece of wood
Get big fucking hammer
Beat that shit into the wall
Have fun.
>>
>>935399
why cant a board just sit on top of the bolt? That seems like the easy way to do it
>>
Better way is to bore holes into the studs for a metal bar and holes for the bar in the board.

My fireplace mantle hangs like this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.