[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Quick questions here; 1. Will building a hho unit into my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Two Quick questions here;

1. Will building a hho unit into my clio mk2 1.4 16v make a difference in gas usage/horsepower?
2. Is there a way that I can monitor my L/KM usage? Some kind of bdo2 monitor with a small screen of Some sort, that I can build into my dashboard?

Thanks guys!
>>
>>928683
Will this please stop. The laws of thermodynamics have never been broken
>>
>>928683
>1. Will building a hho unit into my clio mk2 1.4 16v make a difference in gas usage/horsepower?

Yes, it will reduce both of them.

2. Is there a way that I can monitor my L/KM usage? Some kind of bdo2 monitor with a small screen of Some sort, that I can build into my dashboard?

Yeah... ODB II device installed into dash.
>>
>>928690
Sorry, to clarify, it will reduce your fuel economy, not reduce your gas usage.
>>
>>928692
>>928690
>>>928683 (OP) (You)
>>1. Will building a hho unit into my clio mk2 1.4 16v make a difference in gas usage/horsepower?
>Yes, it will reduce both of them.
>2. Is there a way that I can monitor my L/KM usage? Some kind of bdo2 monitor with a small screen of Some sort, that I can build into my dashboard?
>Yeah... ODB II device installed into dash.

Will it reduce horsepower for my car? How is that even possible, hydrogen burns better than gas right? Can you explain this?
>>
>>928692
What do you mean by it Will reduce fuel economy, but not usage.
>>
>>928697
Well that was weird, clover Just fucked everything up
>>
>>928699
Your vehicle will use more gas.
>>
>>928699
Fuel economy and fuel usage are inversely proportional. I was just clarifying. My original statement made it seem like I was saying it would decrease his fuel usage. It will increase fuel usage.

>>928697
>Will it reduce horsepower for my car? How is that even possible, hydrogen burns better than gas right? Can you explain this?

Your car isn't designed to burn hydrogen for one. Your car can't compress hydrogen to a desirable amount. Newer cars will have computer issues with running hydrogen, and may possibly not start at all. The hydrogen content that actually makes it into the cylinder will be tiny in comparison to the gasoline. If you are generating the hydrogen onboard, the car must work harder to produce the hydrogen because of the increased load on your alternator. Splitting H2O into it's elemental parts requires a larger amount of energy than burning the hydrogen produces.

The last fact means that the generator creates a parasitic drain on your car since the car has to burn more fuel to produce more electricity to break apart the H2O. All the while the hydrogen is creating a poor firing condition in the cylinder which means the car will probably run lean, and thus use more gas.
>>
>>928697
At most your alternator puts out like 400W of electricity, injecting 400W worth of hydrogen and oxygen mixture into a ~50kW engine isn't going to do shit except confuse your engine control unit.
>>
>>928708
This.

>Implying people looking at this will listen to logic and reason though.
>>
>>928714
True.

I bet there is a clip somewhere online with Bill Nye or Black Science Man explaining to children why it won't work. Maybe that will sway them.
>>
>>928708
At the pressures and flowrates in your manifolds, air flows more like treacle than air.

Just getting air into the engine efficiently is a massive engineering challenge. The Mercedes F1 engine came with an innovative split turbocharger with the exhaust at the back of the engine, the inlet at the front, and the turboshaft running all the way through the engine. Mercedes' back-to-back world championship victories have been entirely because of their engine, and this engine's performance in entirely because it has nearly a meter less manifold than their competitors.

Mercedes supply engines to Sauber, but they don't supply manifolds to Sauber. Sauber didn't win the world championship. Sauber didn't get to see the engine until it was finished, and had months instead of years to design their manifolds.

If million-dollar racing teams can spend years and still not get their airflow perfect, d'you think adding some random obstruction is going to increase or decrease your airflow efficiency and performance?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.