[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

floor needs a cheap fix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20151229_213439.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151229_213439.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Need to fill this in somehow. The entire floor is fucked and needs to be replaced but the landlord is a cheap bastard. Really just need to fill this and many other holes in what looks like linoleum tile with shitty wood underneath flush with the rest of the floor. The area gets a lot of foot traffic so it will need to be durable.
>>
>>922158
Self-leveling compound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSLMhwHBRnU
>>
>>922158
Scrap up the damaged tiles and replace them. Self adhesive linoleum tiles are cheap. Cheaper still if you only need a few and ask the store for a box of leftovers on discount.
>>
>>922158
Don't fix your slumlord's problems.

Report him to the housing board.
>>
>>922164
That's what I was thinking. How durable would that be?
>>922172
That would be the best idea but there are so many spots like this that the whole floor might as well be redone at that point.
>>922175
The landlord will only pay to fix things that are out of code. This is a small business and I'm the new maintenence guy. Basically being paid to keep the place together enough so that the business can run.
>>
>>922158
>The landlord will only pay to fix things that are out of code.

Well that appears to be ASBESTOS tile there call the EPA.

Epoxy mix and pour
>>
Thanks for the ideas, anons. I'll do some more research too, the job doesn't start until after the new year.
>>
>>922205
No, you dumbass. IF they are 9" x 9" there is a possibility of Asbestos.

THOSE tiles in the OP pic look like 12" x 12" VCT (Vinyl composition tile) which is not asbestos.

OP, 4 plain white VCT tiles should cost about $4.00 from any BIGBOX! home store, pop up the broken tiles and use some mastic to put down new tiles.
Total project should be about $10.00
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.