[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /diy/, anyone here ever do an install of a natural gas line?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: listen.jpg (10KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
listen.jpg
10KB, 273x184px
hey /diy/, anyone here ever do an install of a natural gas line? I am looking at some remote property with free gas. The problem is while it already has an old trailer with a service already installed, my whole family will move to this property and they will need to tap in to the line. How would I go about sizing the main service line to the house? Potentially long runs, its an 80 acre property and the gas well is to the side. Maybe 500-700 feet. Any ideas?
>>
bump, holy shit if it works out I will abuse the hell out of the free gas. THE HELL out of it. Looking into a stand by generator. Like a low rpm stand by generator or a listeroid. Gas fridge and freezer. gas stove, gas hot water tank (big!), gas heaters and hell, gas lights or heating a green house with ng.
>>
>>916535
Free gas sounds too good to be true! If it is, go for it!
>>
>>916535
free gas means you're stealing no doubt.

anyway, get the NG utility to do the work. long runs of underground pipe require special tools. also, tapping into the high pressure main before the meter requires the utility supplying the NG to shut the line down. typically one would use a poly pipe to run underground and the fittings are plastic welded. this is not /diy/
>>
>>916718
no, especially in my state you can get free gas if its in the deed because of a well on the property.
There is already a service on the property. I just need to tap int that side. Pressure drop is already done.
>>
OP have you ever seen the videos on line where a house blows up because of a gas leak?
This is not a diy project. It requires special equipment, tools and knowledge. And you are asking people on 4chan for advise which means you have none of the above. Hire a professional.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.