[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I've got an indoor gardening project that would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: fan.png (342KB, 700x551px) Image search: [Google]
fan.png
342KB, 700x551px
Hey guys, I've got an indoor gardening project that would optimally have a fan blow on it for 30 seconds every hour. Problem is, my fan only continuously blows. Is there something like a light dimmer I can use that would limit it's electricity to what I need it to be?
>>
>>911802
like a plug in timer?
yeah.
a plug in timer.
>>
>>911819
lol ty anon
>>
File: hmm.png (262KB, 481x331px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
262KB, 481x331px
>>911819
yeah this, got a digital one where it swichted in the space heater and light 30 minjutes before i woke up, shit was awesome and cheap
>>
>>911802
What the fuck sort of gardening project needs a fan blowing on it every 30 seconds?
>>
>>911835
One entirely different to the one described in >>911802 ?
>>
>>911835
It helps to make the plants hold up to weather if you plan on replanting them outdoors later.
>>
>>911802
>Hey guys, I've got an indoor gardening project that would optimally have a fan blow on it for 30 seconds every hour.
never seen anything off-the-shelf that would allow you to set up so many short intervals. I've not really looked tho

you could do this with an arduino + relay + power supply. cost would be ~$10 for the electronic stuff.

why do you need it to blow every 30 seconds? if you are trying to regulate the plants' temperature, then you could add a temperature sensor and the arduino could turn the fan on by that instead...
>>
>>911861
He wants the fan to simulate wind to strengthen the plants. He doesn't want constant as this has adverse effects and means the fan will blow 24/7.

Just use a light timer, they allow you to set 15 min increments. 15min every 2 hours.
>>
>>911802
Could do this guy, and have a 50 seconds every 35 minute cycle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfV9IUcFxE
>>
>>911835
a dank one
>>
>>911861
fresh air exchange is why i need it, I'm not growing plants

>if ya know what i mean
>>
>>912401
I'm growing OYSTER MUSHROOMS and they need fresh air often but a continuous flow can be damaging
>>
File: ecostrip.jpg (13KB, 600x172px) Image search: [Google]
ecostrip.jpg
13KB, 600x172px
>>911802
you could get usb controlled power strip like the one in the picture, buy a raspberry pi and use it for activating/deactivating the fan by controlling the powerflow trough the usb connected
>>
>>911835
Blowing air in a greenhouse is a must. It does a number of things. The 2 biggest thing are: it helps circulate the heat for evening out the temperatures and it helps make the plants sturdier. Other types of gardening require air exchange to prevent humidity build up and mold growth.

>>912402
Delicious. >>>/out/618806
>>
why not just get a smaller fan
>>
File: 1449866077842.jpg (94KB, 804x701px) Image search: [Google]
1449866077842.jpg
94KB, 804x701px
settable in 15min intervals
>>
File: 81NU3v1nnTL._SL1500_.jpg (177KB, 1116x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81NU3v1nnTL._SL1500_.jpg
177KB, 1116x1500px
>>913785
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.