[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retail/Wholesale (/biz/ doesn't make stuff)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Any folks build products that they're looking sell? Knitting sweaters, making soap, whittling figurines, etc. Personally I build rustic furniture and cabinetry and sell it locally. I'm somewhere in between lucrative hobby and actual business presently.

I get that most people who actually do stuff don't have much time for Chinese cartoon forums, but there's gotta be some folks out there making stuff and looking for bigger markets, and I'd like to hear from them.
>>
>>905584
sell soap here ..handmade
>>
>>905584
If you want good answers to your question, you shouldn't really post such distracting photos. I can barely read what you wrote.
>>
>>905589
What do you use as a distribution channel? I've been selling furniture and such through Facebook groups/Craigslist. I want to set up a booth at the local indoor flea market and see where that takes me.

>>905592
Nothing jump starts a thread like dat ass.
>>
File: 1312869442956.png (38KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
1312869442956.png
38KB, 200x247px
>>905584
holy shit, that fucking ass. fuck...
>>
>>905584
I do custom upholstery for furniture. How do I market this? I buy wooden furniture on IKEA and then add faux leather or other upholstery to it for family.

>>905592
Don't be 14 then.
>>
>>905787
I sell my stuff at highly discounted prices in facebook groups. That may be a start for you too.

How much does your standard finished piece cost to make?
>>
>>905796

Usually I just add 10% to the cost. I also make pillows, comforters, quilts, etc. It's for family only. Would probably charge a higher margin for customers. I don't produce in high volume though. I got a 10-12 hour day job.
>>
>>905814
You have any pictures?
>>
>>905584
> namefag
> needs to use arse to get attention to his post.
> too stupid to do anythign for himself so has to shill other peoples shit.
> needs advice from 4chan of all places.

You may as well just get a trip and allow your transformation to cancer to bloom to its fullest potential.
>>
I make my own film emulsions used to take pictures on glass panes or copper sheets.
I improved on a recipe I found and had really good success, but abandoned it when I got laid off. I'm about to start again.
I only posted on Reddit and had one guy that was interested but never heard back after I sent him a sample.

>inb4 Reddit

As far as I know there are only two places in the world that sell this stuff and very few people that know how to make it.

Really wish I could grow it into a business, even if it's just part time.
>>
>>905941
> needs advice from 4chan
DIY is a pretty smart board.

>>905965
Google isn't helping me. What's a fire emulsion?
>>
>>906037
Film emulsion is the chemicals put on photographic film to take a picture.
Before it was massed produced photographers had to make it themselves.

Google dry plate photography
>>
>>905787
>buy shit tier furniture
>add upholstery
Do you not understand how rudimentary it is to build a solid frame? You can make decent furniture frames from cheap as shit untreated pine. I just go to the hardware store and pick through the 2.4m section because they fit in my station wagon, taking the pieces from the pile without inclusions or massive knots then half lap shit and dowel. All the tools you need for this are a right angle ruler, clamps, urethane wood glue and a circular saw and a drill and bits. You will get furniture that lasts a lifetime out of this. The whole point of adding upholstery is so that you can hide your shit tier frame.
>>
>>906051
I thought this too t b h. Why don't you build your own frames?
>>
>>906039
Cool stuff. People would probably pay a shit load for a steampunk instant camera that ejects copper pictures.
>>
I was thinking of tapping into my local market with japanese-themed stuff mainly and other famous shit, because I see a lot of Hindu/Indian/Zen theme shit with dudes wearing harem pants and saying Namaste all the time but aside from takeaways and massage parlors I haven't seen shit about asians in my country.

For the japanese themed stuff it would be things like those big banners (Nobori), painted with personal house sigils or names. If I get better with woodburning/woodcutting I might make some hangers with japanese landscapes, stories and maybe sell the odd Game of Thrones House sigil hanger to capitalize on that shit.

Mostly I'd just like to learn a skill to make shit for a living so I don't have to be someone's bitch. I want to be happy.
>>
>>906079
look for a consignment shop in your area to see what local artisans are making. It's more expensive than marketing through craft shows or the internet (usually a 50% commission), but it's easy, so a lot of small artisans do it that way, and you can see what other people are making/ask questions about what sells.
Good luck.
>>
>>906148
We have very few second-hand stores here in my country, mostly run by animal shelters to raise funds selling random old stuff people donate but I will keep my eye out. Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>905584
goodness... the Windows Phone 20 megapixel image really brings out the luciousness doesn't it?

Not that I could find any use for it, but is there a top half of that? And perhaps an explanation of the panty pocket? I'd would quickly run out of $5 bills to stuff in there if i lived in that crib.
>>
>>905584

Besides selling crap on facebook, craiglist, letitgo, I also have an easy shop. I easily get more than enough business.

I make custom made knives for anlivinf.
>>
>>906037
>DIY is a pretty smart board.
And unlike some of these other boards, we got a heart goddamnit...

pic related, a plate of Philip Seymour Hoffman, probably the last one taken. Later that evening he went up to his and killed himself.

p.s. he was Brandt from The Big Lebowski... but if you check out Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, it changes your perspective. Depressing fuckin movie... i think it was Sydney Lumet's and Albert Finney's last movie too.
>>
>>906162
>>906148
>>906079
Well I did a bit of research as I was considering making traditional japanese clothes like kimono and Hakama, simple enough as it's just plateated rectangles sown together. Problem is, that's often the domain of martial arts suppliers and because of the material, colour, style of creating and measurements, along with a healthy dose of consumer loyalty and brandname, it's almost universally bought from the same suppliers. No room to muscle in.

Have to come up with other japanese-styled thingamajiggies I can make. Thankfully the banner idea still holds water..
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.