[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A plague of rats has visited my farm.They are everywhere.How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 27

File: dasdasdasd.png (140KB, 602x322px) Image search: [Google]
dasdasdasd.png
140KB, 602x322px
A plague of rats has visited my farm.They are everywhere.How to kill these creatures.
>>
Cats
>>
non kosher food
>>
>>893080
Determination
>>
i have one but he is afraid.
And possible rabies.

>>893103
where to buy
>>
>>893103
>>>/pol/
>>
>>893097
My dog killed two rats but they to hiding.
>>
>>893109
This is why many farms have multiple "barn" cats. Just make sure to get them vaccinated for rabies, and neutered/spayed or your rat problem will turn into a cat problem.

Maybe local animal shelters can help you. Try asking if theyve caught any feral cats that cant be adopted out. Tell them why. They dont want to euthanise, so would probably help.
>>
Remove the rat's food source.

Pests always and only move in for one of two reasons: food and warmth. If they can't find food, they're willing to let the warmth thing slide.

Check your pantries and outdoor foodstocks (fer yer animals).
>>
>>893120

Heh, I have farming stock on my dad's side. Back in the 1950s, farm cats were standard practice - these animals were not domestic pets, they were violent killing machines that stayed on the farm because there was shelter and food guaranteed.

When the rats got bad though, all the cats were grabbed and put in a wood store for a few days with water, but no food. The farmer would open the barn doors, stand clear and release the cats... less than an hour later, well fed cats, and no more rats.

Also, used to keep a few Jack Russells around the farm, brilliant ratters. One shake to snap the neck of the rat, efficient, energetic and vicious bastards those dogs, when trained right.
>>
>>893129
>When the rats got bad though, all the cats were grabbed and put in a wood store for a few days with water, but no food. The farmer would open the barn doors, stand clear and release the cats... less than an hour later, well fed cats, and no more rats.

To sound like a good idea.
I'll try.
>>
>>893129
farm cats are ok but can get lazy, around here nature freaks get upset when you keep cats outside, especially farm 'wild' cats because they endanger actual wildcats.
if they weren't endangered otters are pretty good. i've seen an asian otter take out a rat bigger than itself
>>
File: Sep 29 2013_0011.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Sep 29 2013_0011.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
+1 for farm cats. ive had em over the years and they leave me gifts on the steps. they get alot of lizards when there are many other nuisances, and i like lizards.

overall i like them around. i call em names like boy, big boy, mama cat, skitzy, and just made up shit because on a whole they dont last for years, they end up leaving or eaten themselves or something.
>>
>>893120
>This is why many farms have multiple "barn" cats.
This is the simple truth: on a farm, typically you FEED a number of cats left outside, and they keep the smaller vermin away... and you also keep a few bigger dogs outside, because they prevent foxes and coyotes from eating the cats (and chickens).

Somebody else mentioned starving the cats: that is outdated thinking. Cats will torment smaller creatures just for plain fun, and they do it better when they are healthy and well-fed properly.
>Jack Russells
This is true also--some smaller and medium dogs love ripping small animals to pieces. Larger dogs generally don't, as they have too much trouble catching them.

Also We Note:
on a traditional farm layout, your doghouses face your chicken coops--because the dogs will sit in the houses with their heads facing to the entrance of the doghouse, so they can see & hear out easily. You don't want to put the doghouses somewhere that when the dogs are inside, they can't watch the chicken coops.
>>
>>893138

I've never met a fat or lazy proper farm cat, but I'm sure it can happen where there aren't enough vermin & they get too well fed.

>>893146

I mentioned the couple of days they were kept in a wood store, & your right to call it outdated thinking - I did mention this was back in the 1950s. It was, however, efficient. They didn't play with their food, they tore it apart and ate it. I'd be inclined to believe that well-fed cats are more inclined to toy with their prey as they don't actually need to eat it.

It was also me that mentioned Jack Russells. They really are bloody good ratting dogs, full of energy, and they treat it like playtime. Don't think the ones on the family farm ever got seriously injured, just the odd scratch every now and again.
>>
>>893080
give some local airgunners permission to shoot on your land. they'll do it for free!
show them where to set up rat runs so they can shoot into a backstop like a concrete slab or a thick plank.
make it clear that bullshit like holes in the barn walls, pellets in the grain piles, cars parked in stupid places and leaving gates open is unacceptable behaviour, and that they need to collect their kills and bury them somewhere sensible not stuff them down a surface drain or pile them in a feed trough. townie kids out with their first gun honestly don't know any better.
>>
File: Rat Zapper.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rat Zapper.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>893080
Electric rat zappers. Battery-powered. Best thing I have ever used.

Also, this guy: http://www.wildlife-removal.com/killrat.html

I've read every page on his site--petty interesting. He likes the snap traps, I like the zappers.
>>
Snakes. Harmless kind. They will not harm your crops or become a nuisance other than eating up prey you rather not have other things eat (like venomous snakes). Like throwing lots of spiders and aphid eaters in your farm for harmful insects.
>>
>>893138
>>893134
>>893129
I have 2 Cairn Terriers and have no problems with mice/rats/squirrels/etc. My buddy has a horse farm and is a farrier by trade. His barn was constantly under attack by rodents. His girlfriend (now wife) brought every stray cat she found over to his place and left them in the barn. Now he has an army of cats. He feeds them one cup, as in one cup in a recipe, of dry food a day. Now there are probably 15 cats at his barn, and no rodents to speak of.
>>
>>893162
that's a ton of work for very little profit. At least as I see it with 200 acres of land in the United States. I would not let retarded air gun nerds on my property when I could get an animal to do the same job better without any complaints.
>>
>>893324
to specify one cup of food for all the cats. Not one cup per cat.
>>
>>893080
Tall paint bucket filled half way with water so the little verman can't get out coat a piece of string with peanut butter in the middle lay it on top of bucket rats go across string fall in and drown eather that or bait them and shoot them with a air rifle
>>
File: 143111.jpg (34KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
143111.jpg
34KB, 600x750px
I hate farm cats... they work for a little bit, then get bored and hunt the local song birds, or come to my side and get a taste for chicken where they promptly get a taste of lead.
>>
My grandmother had an island. Nothing to boast of. You could walk around it in an hour, but still it was, it was a paradise for us. One summer, we went for a visit and discovered the place had been infested with rats. They'd come on a fishing boat and gorged themselves on coconut. So how do you get rats off an island? Hmm? My grandmother showed me. We buried an oil drum and hinged the lid. Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait and the rats would come for the coconut and... they would fall into the drum. And after a month, you have trapped all the rats, but what do you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean? Burn it? No. You just leave it and they begin to get hungry. And one by they start eating each other until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what? Do you kill them? No. You take them and release them into the trees, but now they don't eat coconut anymore. Now, they only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors. This is what she made us.
>>
Gas
>>
>>893460
I'm sure.
>>
>>893460
What horrible piece of "literature" is that from?
>>
>>893542
not a james bond fan?
get in the fucking sea
>>
>>893546
I saw the first movie.
It was okay. Nothing that memorable, really.
>>
>>893103
Zyklon b
>>
>>893460
I was waiting for this.
Op do it and post results
>>
>>893549
To be fair,one movie out of a series that spanned several decades, actors, writers, and directors, isn't really anything though.
>>
>>893080
Savannah cat might work
https://youtu.be/UkWxR_yP2ig

But Rat Terriers and Jack Russel Terriers were bred for rat catching.
>>
>>893637
I don't have coconut.
>>
>>893678
Just get a Mellon and glue hair on to it.
>>
Should i get the feral cats fixed or leave them wild?

Would they be too timid after neutered?
>>
>>893545
It's from one of the new shitty Bond films.
>>
>>893080
Join the fighters guild.
>>
>>893683
Fixing them shouldnt change much as for their hunting abilities. You want to fix them, or youll end up with a million cats, instead rats, like I mentioned above about this. Rat problem turns into cat problem.
>>
File: 1392524817996.jpg (56KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1392524817996.jpg
56KB, 720x537px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FumW4wuqDeQ
>>
>>893310
This. A million times this.

My brother lived in baltimore for a while and when it rained, the rats would come from the hood and hide under his porch. This thing set off like every two hours. Kills rats dead.
>>
>>893310
>big ass rat-zapper written on the side

nice "trap" retard
>>
>>894098
OP asked for how to kill them, not how to save them. what's he gonna do with a hundred live rats?
>>
>>893080
Time to get serious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfq9WAs2T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpv9uwoDm6U
>>
>>894106
ooh good idea. i have a jack russell terrier who does this. When I'm walking him, sometimes he'll just dip into a bush and come out shaking his head back and forth like a maniac while field mouse blood and guts come pouring out the sides of his mouth.
>>
Have you thought about chemical warfare?
>>
>>894089
>They don't eat coconut anymore

Solid logic there.

>Feed my dog only dry food his whole life
>He won't eat a hamburger I drop on the floor.

>Animals only eat one food
>>
>>894136
The rats are a metaphor
>>
File: this mouse is inbred.jpg (43KB, 460x471px) Image search: [Google]
this mouse is inbred.jpg
43KB, 460x471px
If you buy enough poison for all the rats, and make sure every rat has access to poison, all the rats will die.

That being said, I have never dealt with more than a few dozen rats at a time (as far as I know).
>>
Put fly crystals in pepsi and leave it out. Rats won't make it 5 feet.
>>
>>894106
good idea, but first i have to find a hiding place.
Usually rat sitting in the straw. Chainsaw with straw- absurd idea.

>>893310
That's right. Rats like to narrow places.

>If you buy enough poison for all the rats, and make sure every rat has access to poison, all the rats will die.

no dice!
>>
What do you think about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8zo1wXfvFc
>>
>>894098
>>894104
rats can't read idiot
>>
I'm an exterminator of vermin and I will destroy your problem. I will need a few boxes of 8mm and three days to round up the rest of my unit.

Do you have any schnitzel?
>>
File: 1442550642516.gif (184KB, 278x285px) Image search: [Google]
1442550642516.gif
184KB, 278x285px
>>895005
8mm and schnitzel? wtf anon...are you a schnitzel eating, sturmgewehr 44 carrying nazi? 7.92 kurz is a bit overkill for farm rats. For our giant rats in Detroit though, that might work well. Too bad Amerifags hate anything 8mm. Good round.
>inb4 Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>893097
Cats are useless shits for anything but a few rodents. They are too lazy to hunt rats as they are almost as agile as cats, so cats will settle for reptilians and birds instead.
I'd do the bulk of them with zinc phosphide poison baits as those are safer in terms of secondary poisoning.

Run cheap rat traps in parallel on enclosed spots. Check them daily so the others can't feed off of the carcasses.
>>
>>893460
Bak 2 ribbit.
>>
>>895010
hitler was an evil son of a bitch, and history is right to remember him so, however.. remember, he did kill hitler..
>>
>>895189
lmao anon!! tru dat
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
don't kill them! love them!!
>>
>>894505
I Lold.
>>
use antifreeze, it smells really sweet to animals and kills them fairly quickly
>>
File: noooo-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
noooo-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>895470
Great way to kill dogs and cats too... geezus.
>>
See if there are an Flacony around or ask someone at a zoo. Basically a trained bird-of-prey... them fucks will skip down with the quickness once a falcon or an eagle is let loose on them bitches for a few days.
>>
>>895496
>Flacony
falconry
>>
>>895495
They shouldn't be on my land.
Owners fault.
>>
>>895499
Yeah, the angry owners will surely shut up when you say that.
Besides, it wouldn't be a surprise if antifreeze didn't work on rats. If you're going to poison them, why not just use normal rat poison.
>>
>>895500
Not him, but if the owners gave that much of a fuck about the welfare of their animals, they would not be allowing it to roam around freely.

Yes, I'm a pet owner. No, they don't get out, and if they did, it would be my failure in my duty of care. Convincing people of this however is another matter all together.
>>
>>895499
My neighbor said something similar when I caught him trying to put antifreeze in my cats food dish out behind my house.

Suffice it to say, no, you're a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>895507
That is trespass, and a totally different scenario to your cat wandering onto someone else's property. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>895503
Doesn't mean that they won't be sad/angry when the animal dies. Surely you've met pet owners whose cat/dog was flattened by a car?
>>
>>895510
The only real difference here is that my neighbor was trying to outright poison my cats instead of choosing to be a intentionally negligent cocksucker and hiding behind his property as an excuse. If you want to use antifreeze as pest control then go ahead, but don't be surprised if you have an abrupt conversation because of it.
>>
File: PowerTransmissionLines.jpg (594KB, 795x604px) Image search: [Google]
PowerTransmissionLines.jpg
594KB, 795x604px
>>895496
power lines are a problem.
>>895453
over 100 rats ?
>>
File: Hameln1.jpg (488KB, 995x649px) Image search: [Google]
Hameln1.jpg
488KB, 995x649px
<---- have you tried this op? it also gets rid of annoying village kids
>>
File: Snek.png (148KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
Snek.png
148KB, 500x190px
>>893080

Big sneks
>>
>>895781
this

buy a couple rat snakes (ckicken snakes) and set them loose. rats=gone and those sneks arent poisonous to people
>>
File: Blox.jpg (74KB, 490x260px) Image search: [Google]
Blox.jpg
74KB, 490x260px
>>893080
Order some Contrac Blox, Bell makes them.
>>
>>893080
Find where they roost. Then during the night get a hose hooked up to a car exhaust pipe. A carburated engine. Remove the airfilter and run the engine while spraying R12a refrigerant through it. The rats will not be a problem anymore.
>>
>>895010
Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
I knew there was a few rats in my garage wall and found a large hole they chewed. I killed them with a garden hose stuffed in my exhaust of my car for an hour or so. I could smell them a week later but they adventually mummified and didn't smell after a few weeks

Also don't go in the garage when your doing that
>>
>>894505
Can't tell if this is double bait or just stupidities
>>
dig a long, narrow tube shaped hole in the ground. Grab your SCBA gear and brew some h2s and let it flow down the hole. Stuff some meat all the way down. All the animals that go in wont come out. Easy.
>>
>>895850
This.

If you live in a Rural area they should see them at feed/farm supply stores. I didn't use that brand but i had rats killing my chickens and this killed the rats dead.
>>
File: 1317067339041.jpg (40KB, 800x633px) Image search: [Google]
1317067339041.jpg
40KB, 800x633px
Don't starve them, just keep them fed and healthy outside. My cat was always hunting mice / rats / unlucky bats, and he was given lots of food and was often played with; when they see something small and scared running away their instinct tells them to hunt it down.

Also starving your pet it needless cruelty.
>>
>>893080
1. poison them with rat bait
this is the best way
2. get a 40g drum and put a rolling cylinder on top with peanut butter on it, and a plank; the rats will run onto the cylinder to get the peanut butter and get tipped in
this is one of the cheapest ways of removing them

3.get some cats from a shelter

also things to consider
rat plagues rely on food waste being everywhere, do what you can to secure waste
dead rats can stink if they rawl into wall spaces or ceilings
>>
>>893080

Do not use poison. It will kill loads of other things besides rats that you didn't mean to.

Consider a repeat-kill compressed CO2 trap. You secure them to the pole at a height where rats can stick their heads up inside to get at bait. It quickly penetrates their brain with a thin rod that shoots out and retracts, like how cows are slaughtered. They never even realize anything's happened.
>>
You need big snakes OP, dozens of them. Once the snakes kill all the rats just buy a few mongoose to kill those snakes. Mongoose can be pretty nasty tho so you'll need to get some wolverines to kill those. Now wolverines are no joke, and you need s9me really aggressive wolves, maybe a good idea to infect them with rabies first. Rapid wolves can cramp your style, so I'd suggest grizzly bears, at least five to be safe.
At this point the rats may have come back but you have bigger problems getting a class 3 license for an LMG to kill all those bears and rapid wolves. Now the police may not like the large caliber machine gun fire, but that's fine just start your own country. Build up some conventional arms for early disputes but really the only way to be really safe from those other countries, 3spically those aggressive Jews is to stockpile hundreds of nuclear ICBMs. Now at this point you may be suffering culturally but that's fine, just release a plague rats to distract the populace. Make sure to restrict Mongoose imports tho, or really it's just not even worth it.
>>
>>896177
you need to find something better to do with your time
>>
>>896177
kek
>>
>>894141
idiot

The coconuts are a metaphor.
>>
>>896177
You had me until "start your own country", this is just a leap in logic since the next step should have been "get an army of mercenaries to guard your lands".

Good try though, worthy of laugh.
>>
>>894098
rat's can't fucking read and even if we could, the zapper will still work, guaranteed
>>
>>893080
Take cats, females especially, they are great hunters and can give you free kittens that hunt pretty well too
>>
Here is a relevant dialogue from the movie skyfall :
Raoul Silva: Hello, James. Welcome. Do you like the island? My grandmother had an island. Nothing to boast of. You could walk around it in an hour, but still it was, it was a paradise for us. One summer, we went for a visit and discovered the place had been infested with rats. They'd come on a fishing boat and gorged themselves on coconut. So how do you get rats off an island? Hmm? My grandmother showed me. We buried an oil drum and hinged the lid. Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait and the rats would come for the coconut and... they would fall into the drum. And after a month, you have trapped all the rats, but what do you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean? Burn it? No. You just leave it and they begin to get hungry. And one by one...
[mimics rat munching sound]
Raoul Silva: they start eating each other until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what? Do you kill them? No. You take them and release them into the trees, but now they don't eat coconut anymore. Now, they only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors. This is what she made us.
>>
>>896393
Damn it you're right. Mercenaries and bribing senators along with perhaps an additional step need to be added. And would Grizzly bears attack packs of wolves? Now I'm questioning the whole thing, the entire premises is flawed really. At this point what am I really doing with my life, I should build a sex robot.
>>
Snakes.
I shit you not
>>
File: detail_big_cat.jpg (51KB, 960x252px) Image search: [Google]
detail_big_cat.jpg
51KB, 960x252px
>>893080
Gamo Big Cat
>>
>>896816
Always worked for me.
>>
>>893127
So burn the crops
>>
>>893139
>Grow up on a farm
>Love the barn cats more than anything
>Dad is buying another front end loader for his tractor
>Goes and checks it out, decides to buy it
>"Hey son, come with me to pick it up"
>Okay
>Get to the farm
>Normal farm, except not farmhouse, just a double wide trailer
>Guy gets out of the trailer
>50 something farmer
>Suddenly, as he approaches, a swarm of cats ooze out of the surrounding area
>I say swarm because they swarm around him
>Begin climbing his coveralls
>Walks like it is no big deal
>As he approaches us, the swarm recedes, keeping its distance
>Dad makes a little chat, hands over a cheque
>He goes to lower the loader onto our trailer
>As he walks away, the swarm envelopes him again

He was the strangest and coolest farmer I had ever seen.
>>
>>896908
I was so terrified the story would end up about how your father drove the tractor through the barn where all your barn cats were sleeping...
>>
Get local animal shelters to give you feral cats that have been fixed.

provide them shelter, food, and water in the places you don't want the rats.

the feral cats will hunt the rodents, the birds, the insects, and anything else they can get their claws on.
>>
>>893118
is not the same, dogs don't hunt rats because they don't eat rats
>>
>>895095
but that don't prevents the roedents back again, the reason why cats is better option is because the farms are rats iman and the rats have a instinctive fear of cats, traps/poison are a good option in food fabrics or anywhere you can't have cats
>>
>>896124
this is right
>>
>>893109
euthanise your faggot cat
>>
>>893080
Find yourself some terriers.
https://youtu.be/KriyiXxD3OI
>>
OP here
>>895500
>antifreeze didn't work on rats

You're right. Antifreeze doesn't work.
>>
>>897991
those are really cool
>>
Can't you do that thing they described in James Bond: Skyfall, where they use like a pitfall trap they can't climb out of?
>>
>>896816
>not the GFX Royal 5,5mm
Step up senpai
>>
>>898368
read the thread ꜰᴀm
>>
>>894104
I'd leave them all in a big strong drum they can't tunnel out of, let starvation take care of the rest, then cook the last few really fat rats.
>>
>>893452
Careful with that edge there, kiddo.
>>
File: WH.jpg (301KB, 992x1203px) Image search: [Google]
WH.jpg
301KB, 992x1203px
>>
>>897881

>Dogs don't hunt rats

>Despite there are a dozen+ breeds bred specifically for stalking rats

Dogs are better at rat killing than cats, just harder to take care of.

Regardless, go to the shelter OP and get a mean ass feral cat, keep it in a pen in your barn for a few days, (So it gets used to the area or associates it with where "IT" belongs.) then turn it lose. You may need multiple cats if you have a lot of property to cover.

3 or 4 will kill any number of rats/mice in very short order.
>>
>>894222

Total shit. Don't bother with those.
>>
>>893159
It's interesting that whether you feed or don't feed the cats wont matter. Studies have shown that the number of prey taken is not significantly diff between fed and not fed strays/feral cats. This research was in response to the idea that you could limit the number of wild birds/mice eaten by cats by just keeping the felines fed. Turns out, they just like to hunt
>>
>>898450

I found two cats can entirely depopulate three acres of anything.

Snakes, mice, rats, moles, squirrels, birds. Nothing is safe from a bored cat.

Hell I had a old "queen" drag home a 10lb rabbit one time.
>>
>>896941
>>
>>893080
Blowgun and, YOUR favorite vice that keeps you awake! "Just a little patience"
>>
File: 1320158125996.jpg (61KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1320158125996.jpg
61KB, 520x600px
Come on, guys, this is /diy/. OP should be getting instructions on cool ass contraptions to get rid of the mice. Build this bucket thing and fill the bottom with Drano or bleach. Water will work after a while, but that's less fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PLO3a9QQQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK0UHIK_eoA
>>
>>893080
build a fifty foot wall, and make the rats pay for it
>>
>>896177
If you give a mouse a cookie...
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 555x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 555x265px
>>893080
OP, this is the only correct answer.
>>
>>893103
Underrated post lmao
>>
>>898411
>reality is edgy
i bet you think statistics are racist too
>>
>>895095
>Check them daily so the others can't feed off of the carcasses.
Won't they be poisoned carcasses so helping poison them?
>>
>>898443
That completely depends on the breed.

Yorkies. Yorkies are rat-dogs like no other. I've never seen dogs with more boundless energy.
>>
Ask the Fighters Guild to send some level 1 dude over, just keep an eye on him otherwise he will steal all your shit
>>
>>895503
I lost my shit when I realized my cat got outside and I couldn't find her for 2 hours. I live in the country and was worried the neighborhood ferals would beat the crap outta her. Luckily she was fine and wasn't gangbanged from what I could tell.
>>
>>895095
This. Rats are too big for them. My cat is a crazy killer when it comes to mice (he brings one or two daily), but he has only 3 confirmed kills when it comes to rats.
>>
>>898450
My anecdotal evidence confirms. I feed my cat like a king and he still hunts like crazy.
>>
File: mao.jpg (49KB, 397x580px) Image search: [Google]
mao.jpg
49KB, 397x580px
Mao Zedong made kids hunt for rats. Just saying.
>>
Be careful if you have livestock and user poison. The rodents will go into the feed bins and get munched.
>>
Ratshot. It's like mini shotgun shell for your .22
>>
>>897991

>level1dungeon.webm

amirite?!
>>
>>896177
are you australian ?
i bet you are
>>
buy a few cats or one big dog preferably a dumb dog if you got with cats Egyptian cats are the best cause they wont eat their kill they will just keep killing and present the carcases to you as a gift if your tight on cash and have enough animals to take care of try taking some rotten food in a box somewhere that's sheltered from the wildlife but rat accessible an old chicken coop with a few alterations works drench the rotten shit in honey and poison drain-o or bleach w/e you got thats toxic in high does and w8 a few days problem solved be careful not to touch them or get bit just move the trap take your coop and set them on fire the smell will keep their cousins away.
>>
File: ReadingRat.jpg (7KB, 236x157px) Image search: [Google]
ReadingRat.jpg
7KB, 236x157px
>>894505

Check your privilege.
>>
>>893080

Convince Chinese that ground rat is boner medicine. Rats will be extinct in weeks.
>>
>>893080
I just waited until an owl came by, lived in my barn for two weeks, about 200 rats worth of furballs later he was gone
>>
>>898509
>Hell I had a old "queen" drag home a 10lb rabbit one time.
What did you do with the rabbit?

Also, has anybody here eaten rat? What did it taste like?
>>
>>901607
Hunger made the adults join the effort.
>>
File: rf 39.jpg (3KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
rf 39.jpg
3KB, 117x125px
>>893103
>>
>>893138
>farm cats are ok but can get lazy, around here nature freaks get upset when you keep cats outside, especially farm 'wild' cats because they endanger actual wildcats.

Good thing this is a castle state then.
>>
>>893146
The problem with owning a Jack Russell though is that now you have a Jack Russell.
>>
>>893080
Look around for a Ratting Service, a lot of rural areas have them, they bring in a team of dogs and take car of the problem.

https://youtu.be/pWRsnYscv30
>>
>>895541
Control your pest animals, hipster.
>>
File: cuffs.png (137KB, 397x251px) Image search: [Google]
cuffs.png
137KB, 397x251px
>>898438
I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS, DAWRI!
>>
big bucket, soup can, metal wire and peanut butter.

shit works brettygud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSk79YcuIRQ
>>
File: 4098501109.jpg (12KB, 193x220px) Image search: [Google]
4098501109.jpg
12KB, 193x220px
>>903123
> that fucking kid
> 3 minute video becomes 9

Fucking nice though. We have rodents and have brought a bunch of poison, yet can't bring ourselves to lay it out. Humane as fuck/10, will be deploying ASAP.
>>
>>903126
make shure its not ddt. its forbidden, but they want to get rid of their stock..
>>
File: dsc_7884.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7884.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>903145
Totally outlawed for sale and use here in Australia, though yeah, I'm sure there are some shady "ship mystery container in from china, receive.. hey look over there" kind of operations selling it under the radar, but definitively not via large chains.

All our rodenticides (including pic related, the product in question) use brodifacoum as their active ingredient, which causes internal bleeding. As much as rodents are a pesky thing to deal with, inducing this kind of death in any animal when better options are available just doesn't sit right with me. I also have a feeling I may be dealing with native mice, so I'm definitely keen to be as passive about this as possible.
>>
>>898394
they will eat the fuck out of each other
>>
File: 1440130600219.jpg (58KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1440130600219.jpg
58KB, 640x624px
>>898411
>>900230
made me think of this
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>903152
> "an armarda of C-130s"
> Pictures of P-3 Orion's
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.