[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talked myself into a blacksmithing apprenticeship but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1424996661779.jpg (50KB, 306x338px) Image search: [Google]
1424996661779.jpg
50KB, 306x338px
Talked myself into a blacksmithing apprenticeship but I don't know how to do anything. Anything I can do so I don't get found out?
>>
Show up 5-10 minutes early, work hard.
>>
>>1241158
Also ask "What do you need me to do".
>>
>>1241153
How much did you lie?
>>
>>1241162
I may have vastly overstated my experience, which I have absolutely none of.
>>
>>1241166
I think your fucked. But its an apprenticeship, so they shouldn't expect you to know much. Show up, just tell him you exaggerated a bit but want to learn. Worst thing they can do is send you packing.
>>
yutub blacksmithing for dumbfucks
>>
>>1241153
Crunch time, guy. Basics of blacksmithing, and see if you can find some people on youtube to show you hands on how they handle some of those basics.

No reason to stop bullshitting now. I believe in you.
>>
>>1241153
>apprenticeship
>I don't know how to do anything
That's the fucking point you retard
What... do you think people know shit just by having 'talent'?
>>
>>1241153

Be real with them, tell them you bullshitted but that you're sincere about learning. If they send you packing, then that's what you get for bullshitting instead of being real. If they don't they can teach you everything you need to know instead of giving you half an education and churning out an incompetent smith. Honesty is always the best policy, even when it bites you in the ass. Be a man, do the right thing.
>>
>>1241153
>but I don't know how to do anything
as opposed to other blacksmithing apprentices?

work at it, do some research on the side if you feel you are falling behind.

you should be fine.
>>
Black smithing isn't that hard honestly
>>
>>1241166
What specifically do they think you have experience in?
>>
>>1241872
Deep sea welding.
>>
>>1241935
Fortunately he won't asks your to deep sea forge so you should be alright.
>>
>>1241942
One doesnt simply cast thors hammer in the bottom of the ocean.
>>
>>1241935
Then you have experience with metal but not forging. Say you so. If you act at home in a shop, use safety gear properly, and take direction well they will probably keep you. But no more bullshitting or they'll drop you like a uranium potato.
>>
>>1241935

I think he's bullshitting us too guise
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.