[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create a circuit that has a delay timer so that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (290KB, 3267x3088px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
290KB, 3267x3088px
I want to create a circuit that has a delay timer so that it turns on after a certain amount of time, say 5 minutes. I have the timer dial from an old oven which is rated for mains voltage and turns the power on for the duration it is set for, then turns the power off. Can I just connect this to a relay so that when the timer turns off the relay switches the power to the other circuit on? Would this work or have I missed something important?
>>
>>1240969

It sounds ok if the relay has a normally closed contact which means it is closed when power is removed from the coil.
>>
An old washer machine is run this way, a clock motor turns a cam that pushes switches on and off. Follow their lead.
>>
The downside to that is you're going to have to reset the timer every time. This would be REALLY easy to do this with a microprocessor though. A program that waits for an input signal from a button) to then run a 5 minute timer and send a signal out to a relay would be really easy to do.
>>
>>1241009
>This would be REALLY easy to do this with a microprocessor though.

This is promising. If any arduino artists have a sketch in their sketchbook that they can share that encompasses this sort of functionality please make a pastebin for us. Thanks!
>>
>>1241009
I'm going to use this for setting a delay to a vibration burglar alarm. At the moment it has no delay so it goes off every time I leave the house. Turning a dial before I leave is no trouble for me.
>>
>>1241027
might cobble something out of a mechanical bathroom fan timer. Though those are closed till they expire. Might reverse that or use the short as a shunt for your sensor.
>>
>>1241009
>This would be REALLY easy to do this with a microprocessor though
FFS use a 555
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.