[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help, i have this cable clip that was on the cable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170908_144533.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_144533.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
I need some help, i have this cable clip that was on the cable. But i had to repair the cable. In order to do that I had to remove the clip. Now I want the clip back on, but I'm unable to because it's really tight. Also there is a sort of spring mechanism in the clip.

Should i try something with extreme heat or cold? And how do i safely heat up rubber?
>>
File: IMG_20170908_144945.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_144945.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
The clip
>>
File: IMG_20170908_145000.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_145000.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
The Cable
>>
taper with a sharp knife. then coat with a nice lube (silicone, etc, i'd avoid lithium, too sticky). push on with enough through to add the new connector.
>>
>>1240882
You should cut the clip?
>>
>>1240889
no, taper the cord, silly billy
>>
>>1240878
>And how do i safely heat up rubber?
heat up water in a mug to boiling with a microwave
stick the end of the cable in the hot water for a minute or so
pull on the sheath so it stretches out
you should be able to pull the cable thru
>>
>>1240895
get electrical tape, apply to tip REALLY TIGHTLY, COMPRESSING THAT RUBBER INSULATION DOWN, slip that clip back onto the cord, use ky jelly or something to slid it the rest of the way, wipe it clean and remove the tape. Attach cable back to either the plug and/or machine/box it connects to.
>>
>>1240878
every plumber will say "soapy water"

for the log, i'm not a Pole living in the UK
>>
>>1240895
Fucking retarded way to damage the cable. Heat up the clip, not the cable, OBVIOUSLY!!!!!

>>1243052
In the good old days, now we have >>1240882
Silicone spray in a can is very handy but anything will do. No need to cut a taper as long as the end is neat and not like a wizards sleeve, if its not going on a clean end it's not going anywhere
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.