[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to instal lamp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20170903_110916.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_110916.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>1238147
What do you think is the correct way?
>>
>>1238147
Electricity is more art than science, you have to figure out for yourself what works for you. The only way to learn is trying, failing and learning from that.
>>
>>1238147
What I can judge from your image, it looks like you have 8 equally good contact screws there. Pick however many you need, it wont matter much which ones.
>>
>>1238147
>assuming yurope, because:
BLUE to N(eutral)
BROWN to L(ive)
GREEN/YELLOW to E(arth)
ignore the DALI bollocks, its an electronic control/dimming system (like DMX or 0-10v), the mysteries of which should not trouble your pretty little head.
>>
>>1238153
lol
>>
>>1238153
So when i connect it properly the switch does not work
>>
>>1238158
But the light is always on
>>
>>1238158
Do you have even a basic understanding of electricity? If you don't know how a switch works, then maybe say away. You're going to burn your house down.
>>
>>1238158
is this new, you are replacing a standard wall switch with this, or something? If so, your existing wiring is maybe just an interrupted live, ie, live in, live to lamp, a 'normal' switch would just connect (or disconnect) this live line.

Problem that fucker is not a normal switch, its expecting power (wiring as detailed), and the switching to be done via DALI, eg, wall touch plate, or some similar expensive bollocks. In this case, its more of a junction box than a switch, touch plate surface would connect to the DALI -/+ - normal switch has live in, live out, and on/off, dunno what the fuck you got here desu. If you are replacing a normal wall switch, go and but a normal wall switch, that aint one chief.
>>
Glorious danish fixtures.
You should connect blue to N (neutral) and brown to M1 (mellemledning 1). If the switch still doesn't work, or if the wrong switch turns the light on, connect brown to M2.
L is 'live', so there's supposed to be power always, which is why the light is always on.
>>
>>1238183
Connecting 230 V into 20 V input doesn't seem much OK, anon.
L, N, PE is live, neutral, ground.
M1, M2 is + and - of the control low voltage circuit. If the OP doesn't have the control circuit, it's all a gamble, I recommend you buy another light, or post here the electronics scheme, maybe we can think of something.
>>
>>1238457
So, asuming you're correct (which is very unlikely with that outlet) he would connect a 20V system to a 230V lightbulb which would do nothing at all.
That outlet is no older than 2017 so if it had been an IHC-system, a modern IHC outlet would have been used.
>>
>>1238484
Dali is a low voltage bus that goes alongside the 230V mains, and lets you control lamps individually.

This is why you don't ask 4chan for electrical advice, the internet will always pretend they know more than they actually know.

You are going to burn your house down.
>>
>>1238484
In >>1238158 anon said the "switch" (I guess he means a normal switch on the wall used by previous light?) it's not working. That (probably) means that between M1 and M2 there is contactor regulated via low voltage. If OP wants the light to work, the contactor must be either connected or bypassed. Can you please be more specific what do you mean?
>>
File: light.png (16KB, 767x443px) Image search: [Google]
light.png
16KB, 767x443px
>>1238738
added pic
>>
>>1238159
>light is always on
then DALI it off
>>
>>1238620
>you don't ask 4chan for electrical advice
fuck that, nigga was told this all 100-pro third or fourth post in >>1238153 - the problem is, its all to vague wtf hes trying connecting to what.

None of DALI shit is (generally) common or domestic usage, nor is pictured 'a switch' - OP was asked for clarification here >>1238171 - still no reply.

Its basically lack of info from OP rather than bad advice, tho I'd agree, firing 230v into various lo-voltage control lines 'to see what works', its not a winner. But if his light works when L+N+E connected as suggested, it then s'posed to be controlled via the DALI bus, as stated - its probably LED - and this fucking thing ain't 'a switch' but the back panel/junction box for a touchplate that would control the light via DALI/lo voltage. Again, nothing that wasn't already clearly stated, Op gives no further info, not much you can add, other than, take the live, run it to an ordinary switch and back to L input on this 'switch', TADA, light on/off. And that thing may also well actually be a rocker switch, or have some mechanical switch function, idk - doubt it tho.

tldr, OPs a useless fuck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.