[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best way to repair this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170902_091634.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170902_091634.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
What would be the best way to repair this?
>>
If the wire is intact superglue will work fine as it partially melts plastic welding it together.
>>
File: cu0VTsK.png (439KB, 640x798px) Image search: [Google]
cu0VTsK.png
439KB, 640x798px
>>1237343
Do you think this is a good alternative if supergluing doesn't work/last?
I plan on gluing the plastic/wood in place
>>
>>1237350
Do you mean making the part on the head-strap out of wood or the hinge pin? The part would probably work fine but for the pin you are going to want metal, a piece of TIG rod would work well.
>>
>>1237353
Yeah I was talking about the part on the headband, I might add a rod so it can turn and isn't stuck in place. What sort of glue do you recommend? I'm not familiar with diy.
>>
You could also put in some metal wire in the plastic as a reinforment, just heat up the wire and push it in the plastic.
>>
>>1237355
This is the best I have found, most glues list what they work on with what the work best on first. https://youtu.be/G3eXOymmG_I
>>
>>1237356
>>1237357
How should I go on removing the remainder of the broken plastic?
>>
>>1237361
Personally I would try glue first but I'm lazy.
>>
File: 100_0410.jpg (913KB, 2067x1608px) Image search: [Google]
100_0410.jpg
913KB, 2067x1608px
>>1237362
>Personally I would try glue first but I'm lazy.

a combination of glue and string works well. One side of this is plain old white glue, and the other side is JB-Weld. The string is kevlar fishing line.

the masking tape on the cord is because I keep running over it with my chair when I'm not wearing them, and it wraps around the casters. Somehow they still work great.
>>
File: file.png (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
96KB, 300x300px
>>1237350
>>1237341
Permatex - Plastic Welder. It's the strongest possible glue you can use to glue anything plastic and it is much stronger than any superglue. I used it to glue ABS brackets to fiberglass bow limbs.
>>
File: 100_0411.jpg (515KB, 1062x1686px) Image search: [Google]
100_0411.jpg
515KB, 1062x1686px
If you are careful and a true craftsman all the joints and swivels will still work and a nice pair of headphones will last decades.

>>1237367

All of you "glue" guys are missing the point. The design is inherently faulty and will break again. Beef it up with kevlar fishing line and you can step on them and they won't break.
>>
>>1237364
Those earpads look absolutely disgusting. Sort your life out m8. Gross.
>>
>>1237453

not everyone is rich
>>
>>1237474
You don't have to be rich to not be filthy.
>>
Super Glue, ime, is just a very reliable brand.

You can use their plasti-fuse or standard, or even their 2-part, and be g2g.

SG, Titebond, Dap, GE - all 4 are very good.

Avoid Locktite, and in general avoid "bonds with everything!" adhesives. It'll seem like you're saving $, but it won't work properly.

If $ is extremely tight, buy a little tube of SG, follow the directions, then a day later tightly wrap the joint in electrical tape (a tight wrap being when the tape is stretched to the point of shrinking as you put it on)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.