[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carpenter here,what things hipsters usually buy? I made pic but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 20170816_134341.jpg (1021KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_134341.jpg
1021KB, 2560x1536px
Carpenter here,what things hipsters usually buy? I made pic but I want to made low cost expensive things for hipsters.
>>
What did you make, the cabinets? Were you trying for a 1980s mobile home look or what?
>>
google wood metal furniture, all those pics ar hpster stuff, also check industrial wood furniture now start doing.
>>
File: black pipe lamp2.jpg (68KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
black pipe lamp2.jpg
68KB, 570x855px
- lamps made from black pipe
- big record player cabinets made from ornate wood, refurbished
- analog cassette and stereo decks with lots of silver knobs
>>
>>1235366

Wow, you sure do like valves.
>>
>>1235366
go to a flea market and buy all the tacky stupid repulsive things you never would
>>
pipe and pallet for hipsters.

marble and copper/rose gold for momcore.
>>
Tetris bookshelf
>>
"old" coffee tables. Preferably made from beer crates and pallets.
>>
File: 1503934708274.jpg (61KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1503934708274.jpg
61KB, 500x637px
>mfw scrolling through a 'Pallet Furniture' page on facebook
>>
>>1235366
I'd buy some oiled napkin holders and a wine bottle rack.

A tip: I think mixing dark and light wood makes shit look expensive. Especially inlays.
>>
>>1236066
oiled oak*
>>
>>1235477
Good point. OP, why so many valves?
>>
>>1236126
I make what the clients want,even If I think it's shit
>>
>>1235366
Great cabinets, but that tile...
>>
>>1235366

It is a pain in the ass to do, but I think if you want to get into kitchens you could probably talk (rich) hipsters into letting you build face-frame cabinets individually tailored to their space, as opposed to yet more generic modular cabinets. This will take it back to the classic 1950s or 1940s look.
>>
>>1237014

(part 2) but if you don't want to do that, at least make the doors of the cabinets out of pallet wood so that they have that "reclaimed" look. Avoid showing any melamine or anything with a shitty plastic film on it.

Also, hipsters will love it if you make them a concrete counter top (not hard to do), or you build them a little rolling island (even if they really don't need one and have no space for it).

Bitches love islands.
>>
>>1237017
>hipsters will love it if you make them a concrete counter top (not hard to do)

Full concrete countertops are pretty hard bro. They weigh a ton, and have to be poured upside down. This means you need to have everything reinforced and need several guys to get the thing in place. Plus concrete is notorious for being a cunt that will randomly have a large imperfection once it is cured. So you have to go over it with a slurry mix to fix voids and small cracks. A large crack means you do it all over again.
>>
>>1235366
why would you leave that tile and then put modern cabinets in? That's really weird dude. I guess you could tile paint them a light grey.
>>
>>1235366
i do not know any hipsters that want reclaimed wood cabinets. wtf.

the trends right now are 3 things:

1) shaker style doors, either stained wood or painted white, gray, or a bold color. especially different upper and lower. flush doors (within face frame) are a big deal, but partial overlay are good too.

2) full slab euro style cabinets like what you show there.

3) open cabinets and large continuous horizontal shelves

IMHO i prefer building all cabinets as boxes, and making a separate base if they want a toe kick, otherwise, use the adjustable plastic or metal ikea cabinet feet. leave them open for a modern look. they can be made quickly and easily with no visible fasteners on the face nor on the sides using pocket hole screws. 3/4 ply boxes with 3/4 dimensional hardwood face frames are the way to go imo.

i think most people like the european no show soft close hinges but i fucking hate them.

large full extension drawers are largely replacing lower cabinets everywhere. drawers also easily made using pocket hole screws or a simple box joint jig on a table saw or router.

wood countertops are huge, its tough to beat ikea prices but easy to beat their quality.

if you learn how to work with solid surface its a great alternative to quartz and granite.

hop on pinterest and search "kitchen" and youll see what i mean

the reclaimed wood and pipes and shit are kinda on the way out but more appreciated as shelves and accents than a whole kitchen theme.
>>
>>1237028
Look at the fixtures. It's an old bathroom that got turned into a kitchen.. op left the frigging plumbing in the walls.
Summertime, eh.
>>
>>1237021
Lol, you have been doing it wrong all along...
>>
>>1237040
Shut up, Einstein!

>a bathroom for Squidward with four values some seven feet apart...

lucky he has great reach
>>
>>1237087

one for the toilet, two for the shower/bath (one for volume, the other for temperature) and one for the sink.
>>
>>1237040
>Summertime, eh.
Fuck off faggot, I've probably been here longer than you which isnt something to be proud of.
Anyway that still doesnt explain why op didnt remove the tile before installing cabinets.
>>
>>1235366
Hipsters paying a large amount of money for dumb stuff is a meme
>>
>>1237638
no its not, i see stores online all the time selling shit like 1,599.99$ "industrial wood tables" and desk organizers clearly made out of wood from discarded cheap furniture
>>
>>1235366
if you're truly a carpenter, stop this ugly kitchen fuckery at once and build a small wooden cabin, or a playground for kids, or a boat, or furniture made of crates, or a chicken tractor, or a custom interior for a camper van or what >>1236066 asked
maybe get some help from someone irl with taste (nice way to hook up with a qt3.14 btw) because you visibly have none
also, your cabinet doors are not even level kek
>>
>>1236457
Yeah, but do they do anything, or are they just glued to the tile?
>>
>>1238052
they help hanging clothes
>>
>>1235366
Furniture made of wood and resin. You know, like those fucking rings.
>>
>>1238017
sell your services to large apartment complexes, you can deliver the exact same style of cabinets that where mass produced over 3-8 decades ago for low income/cheap owners. Reproduce old style cabinets/tables/etc.
>>
>>1235366
Then better ask on reddit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.