[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adding more batteries to an electric vehicle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 31

So I discovered the world of SLV's ((slow moving vehicles)) out of a place of desperation, I could never afford a big car or insurance for one and I see allot of people using none plated golf carts all the time in my city of New orleans and had a chat with one of the operators and they said it was alright and I see them frequently enough to believe cops dont fuck with them about it. So I went off and bought a solar powered tuk tuk Pretty neat huh?
she is being imported from china and even had a nineteen mile an hour limiter put on it so it could be shipped here with no odometer which i plan to install one myself... it uses a thousand watt motor which is considered a toy by most states and the company classifies it as a tricycle as it has three wheels. It is also powered by the sun along with the ability to charge from an outlet. one set of batteries is 5 cells The capacity right now is 45 Ah with the proclaimed range of a hundred mile range or more. and there is another compartment for another 5 cells So Im wandering would it be ok to link up 5 lithium cells to the existing cells to extend my range also they say the solar panel will let it go farther. Thanks for reading im super excited as it should be coming to the freight yard tomorrow. and here she is
>>
>>1234847
First step, get a 'cycle analyst' or similar watt meter. It's not always easy to tell when the motor is under more/less load by feel - especially in that large contraption. Work out what your 'watt per mile'. These guys also are usually just using an ebike motor controller. Find the ~10" long extruded aluminum housing, take it apart, count the number of mosfets, and try to connect it to your pc via a usb->serial adapter and 'lyen's programmer and the upgraded settings based on the number of mosfets you found on your controller earlier. '1000w' from your vendor is pretty meaningless (and verfiable via the above mentioned cycle analyst) so there often is 3000w+ headroom on these motor/controller combos.

The only real issue with adding lithium is it throwing off your battery voltage warning points ... deep over-discharge is bad.
Looks rad - it's probably a shitbox though. If you're using this for a business I'd suggest learning to weld and getting a spare motor laced into the wheel. Also be careful overtorquing the studs on the ebike motor. All the chinese stuff is made of cheese grade steel or threaded odd.
>>
Additionally, post up pics of the braking situation when it arrives. If you end up being able to flash your controller with new settings, one of those will be a 'regen' amount. Cranking this up can eliminate most of physical load on the brake calipers and really improve stopping. If it's using bike stuff, you can get a decent pair of hydro disc brakes for $60 used on ebay.
Also I'd plaster the body in some 3M reflective tape and extra LED brake/amber lights. if you ever drive this thing at night. It's just not something drivers will be on the lookout for.
Anyway, good luck anon. I have a lithium powered UTV I use for urban transport when I can't get by with my ebike. It's a pretty neat way to live.
>>
>>1234847
>Pretty neat huh?
Indeed. Will be the eyecatcher of the neighborhood. How much is it?
>compartment for another 5 cells
which means there are also instructions on how to connect another 5 cells of the same type.
>>1234857
>watt per mile
dude, please.
>>
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/solar-panel-tuk-tuk-solar-panel_60616359212.html the specs are here
>>
>>1234847
>I see them frequently enough to believe cops dont fuck with them about it
hope you bought it on more than that info
>>
>>1234871
Were talking about New Orleans. It's a step above Florida.
>>
>>1234883
I mean... if it's anything like Florida, you have to be Crystal Methany firing a missile into an occupied vehicle to make the news... so...
>>
>>1234870
Wow that tuk is huge, 5 doors, 4-6 passengers. 5*12V/40Ah sealed lead acid gel batteries. I would ask the manufacturer if you can parallel another set of five.
>>
>>1234910
As far as running:
Unless there's some sort of runtime limit... for overheat reasons... paralleling another set of 5 batteries wouldn't harm it at all. It would just have 'more' if wired right.

As far as charging:
Now, since the solar panel charges this thing, you do want to look at the wattage and consider if grid-charging might be necessary to ensure that the batteries receive a full charge every day or so.
Lead acid batteries being partially discharged for a long time is no-bueno. Sulphation will kill them fast.

Also, if the charger included for grid-charging isn't big enough (can't supply enough current, or is exceedingly Chinese and doesn't limit it's current properly), you could run into problems.
Best case, battery charger is large enough.
Probable case, the battery charges slower.
Worst case, the charger blows up / burns out.

You'd simply resolve this problem by changing out the AC charger if necessary, or supplementing it (read: using a different one instead) with a different charger that you hook directly to the battery bank.
If you've got space to put a larger solar array on the roof of a building or such, that'd be cool af. Add more batteries, rig it so you can pull up, plug in, and your charge controller starts charging your car batteries instead of house batteries (if you have those).
>>
>>1234847
>believe cops dont fuck with them
yup, keep it low-key and on the qt, fuck huge in 'screaming pink', thats always an inconspicuous plan to avoid drawing unwarranted attention.
>>
First thing I would do is plastidip that shit something not so loud my dude.
>>
I don't see how this was a better option than buying a $1600 Camry from craigslist.

Yes, its more money upfront, but its a better investment. Also, the amount of information and support to do your own repairs would be worth the added cost a lone.

If you can save up $600 to buy this toy, then you can wait a little longer and get a real car.
>>
>>1234871
well honestly there is a huge legal grey area around this thing it may or may not be a lsv because an lsv is classified as a 4 wheel vehicle with odmeter and goes thirty or so miles per hour this goes nineteen miles and hour has three wheels and has no odometer which i plan on installing myself. in most states lsv's dont need a license or insurance also thats another thing is it an lsv is it a scooter like.. wtf o-o
>>
>>1235028 welll..... It was a bit more than that... <_< And really this thing will pay for its self because I wont have to pay insurance and i dont have to uber all over town. I make like... 8 bucks an hour and me my mom and roommate had to chip in for it so we can finally have transportation for the first time in our lives. its gonna be goood for us with this thing
>>
some more pics to dump
>>
oooh and notice that lil monitor? ts a reversing camera o-o
>>
>>
and I guess the 2 extra person capacity Goes on this lil bench? The back rest looks like it would suck though
>>
>>1235041
i like you anon!
you sound cute!
>>
>>1235043
XD well thanksies :B
>>
>>1235043
Ey if ya post yer skype ill friend you D:
>>
On the one hand I'm thinking there's a lot of problems with this idea but on the other hand I really want to do it myself

OP the thing about linking cells is that when charging you need to use a balancer to make sure they all get charged to the same voltage. I don't really know where you'd go about getting one for the size of battery and the necessary wattage you'd need. What I'd suggest instead is get another set of 5 cells and set up some heavy-duty DPDT to switch between them when one runs out, like a reserve tank. You'd have to charge them both separately but it would be less complicated overall.

I think this is cool OP, I hope it all goes well
>>
>>1235048
Are you a qt trap?
>>
>>1235082
Yeah I agree i want to be careful and im probobly going to pay some one who knows more about this kind of thing than me to help set it up because... I dont wanna die o-o
>>
>>1235036
Why is ur mum living with some other dude you call a roomate?
>>
>>1235091
I will help u bby ;)
>>
>>1235089
Possibly <_<
>>
>>1235092
Not a dude o-o Another girl who is our friend along with my lil sister
>>
>>1235098
I tougt it was some dude so that he would help you assemble the unit
>>
File: 1489587900018.jpg (100KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489587900018.jpg
100KB, 600x900px
>>1235097
Not cute, i only fund cute traps and possibly meet them if there willing to fly to my location.
>>
>>1235105

Anzu isn't a trap tho? She's a girl, a cute girl with zero penises.
>>
>>1235107
Well if you want to call her a girl be my guest.
>>
Kinda crazy but mostly cool. Good luck OP. Please keep us updated. I'm interested in seeing what you do with it.
>>
>>1235248
Will DO thanks, I may even make another thread with like video footage of it running
>>
File: Dog3.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dog3.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>1234847
also add something like a fishing pole, hook and winch, then you can just hook onto a vehicle in front of you and get towed, like grabbing it while on a skateboard.

Maybe add hooks/harnesses up front, start a dog sitting/walking business and have dogs pull it like a sled.
>>
Well I just thought of something... H-how uh... how do you roll something that has three wheels and weighs thre hundred pounds onto a uhaul truck O_O
>>
>>1235318
You make a spreader bar with two industrial castors/pram wheels in line with the rears of the tuk tuk. Can be as simple as a plank with a catch basket for the middle wheel and then ratchet straps to secure it
>>
>>1235318
>three wheels
three planks
>>
>>1235257
omg thats so cool. i have recently seen these dog powered vehicles
>>
File: tuk_specs.png (82KB, 756x439px) Image search: [Google]
tuk_specs.png
82KB, 756x439px
>>1235392
So you have the reversing image and the warm wind, do you also have the climbing gear? Maybe you got a manual that details the electric system, like a diagram about how the batteries are wired and what the '24 tubes' controller does.
>>
>>1235399
'24 tubes' = controls arbitrary functions what can be choosed based upon customer requirements. Obviously. Tell me, do Muricans not have road safety standards and shit? Get about 3 miles in that thing in Yurope, before both it and you get impounded for your own and others wellbeing.
>>
>>1235408
We do and most places would never allow something like this on the road, but it all varies on the local government.
>>
File: tesla_knew.jpg (36KB, 564x413px) Image search: [Google]
tesla_knew.jpg
36KB, 564x413px
>>1235408
This is NOLA, not Bruxelles.
>>
>>1235318
Build a ramp
>>
OMG we got it today and omg its so good and im very happy it feels great i was worried about flimsey metal and plastic but it actually is made with great glass a guy said i couldnt use their charger because we use 60 hertz and they use 50 and it has a euro outlet im looking for some kind of down scaling transformer because i dont want it to explode
>>
>>1235747
Use periods and commas.
>>
>>1235774
>it has a euro outlet
He doesn't know an outlet from a plug.
Do you really think he understands punctuation?
>>
>>1235747
Look at the nameplate on the charger and see if it accepts 60Hz input. If so, you're good. If not, you may need to talk to an electrician.

>>1235778
naw, he's just all :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 etc.
>>
File: WIN_20170830_002525.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170830_002525.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
This is the input and output
>>
do you think a converter that will let me plug it into the wall would be ok to use?
>>
Why did you buy pink to draw attention to yourself?
What you are doing is blatantly against the law, its just overlooked.
That means keep a low profile, buy a small golf cart.

That doesnt mean to buy a large pink 4 seater car. Expect to be pulled over because it LOOKs like a car that should have a license plat on it you retard. Its bigger than a smart car for gods sake.
>>
>>1235859
I'm with this guy. This is me >>1235007. Plastidip that shit, or vinyl wrap it or you're going to have that shit impounded in under a week.
>>
>>1235399
>Maybe you got a manual..
*tumbleweed*
- no, also interested - if you could scan/photo it (both pages) be appreciated, I collect these for my own amusement.
>>
>>1235850
holy fuck, either post a picture of the actual charger, instructions for charger (optimistic, i know) or see if theres a plate on it that says - 'input voltage 100-240v' or similar.

Thats a euro plug, used in 230v, so the charger prob runs on that - just need to check if it also runs on 100-120v, in which case, you can use an adapter/swap plugs. May also have 120/240v switch, but unlikely.
>>
>>1235747
Neat!
How much did it cost?

I have the parts to an electric bicycle I was going to build in my closet. Big lithium battery that was like $800.
>>
>>1235866
well... the tuk tuk didnt come with a manual neither did the charger... the only thing thats no in chinese is DC60-74v and 4.3-4. 6A 220v~50Hz. Im going to try to find a hardware store with a downstep converter of some kind because i cant plug this in until then. good thing it came with a full battery
>>
>>1235859
The funny thing is I took it to my work several cops passed it and looked at it funny but just kept going, also golf cats being used here are allot bigger and they even have tourist rental ones that have three benches. and we bought pink because we like it XD also im not entirely sure its against the law... Like the thing came classified as a scooter limited to nineteen miles per hour
>>
I'm also strongly considering getting one. But I would most likely scout a motorcycle engine from a scrap yard to install. Seem like a good idea? Any suggestions/better ideas?
>>
SO I messaged the supplier today and they say that the frequency wont effect the charge... I dont know if they know what they are saying though o-o like we sue 60 hrtz and they use 50hrtz they say i just need to fidn a converter plug. but yeah guys so far this thing has saved us 50 dollars in uber trips we are loving it
>>
>>1235943
Listen man, I'm telling you you're going to end up getting trouble about it, and it's going to be a lot more of a pain in the ass than you're envisioning.
>>
>>1236023
i appreciate the concern and to be honest its something thats in the back of my mind as well, me and my mom have a plan if we do get stopped we will just do what we have to do to register it and modifying it will be easy
>>
File: stiks.png (36KB, 339x297px) Image search: [Google]
stiks.png
36KB, 339x297px
Another plan of mine was to vaporwave theme the fuck out of it and I bought big stickerz for it stickers
>>
>>1234847
not to be a douchebag, but that vehicle is an absolute tipping machine. vehicles should have either 2 or 4 wheels(or more) itd be a cool little project, but the hassle of dealing with cops that dont know its legality on the streets, and i assume getting parts isnt the easiest thing to get for a "literally who" vehicle. but hey, if youve got it all figured out, go prove me wrong.
>>
File: tukthetic.png (652KB, 539x475px) Image search: [Google]
tukthetic.png
652KB, 539x475px
Also the solar panel is working amazingly and its putting up great with the rain we have got in nola, i used around 2 or three volts of electricity on my commute today and while i was sitting in the bar having it parked in the sun I came back to check the voltage and it was back at 62 volts when it was 60 before pretty neat. Gah just imagine this with some vaporwave cancer on it
>>
>>1236035
You know its funny you mention the tipping issue, yeah I wouldnt ever make sharp turns in this thing. but when i whent to my moms work to give her the phoen she forgot a crack head try to get in it while we were inside and when he couldnt get in he tried to tip it over with all of us inside and almost did. my mom almost broke his neck with a baseball bat O_O besides nearly killing a crack head at 9AM I understand your concern and yeah cops here arent the brightest in nola but they are also super lenient and I know allot of them. before I started open carrying I actually whent to the police station to talk with some of them to get an idea of their attitude and they were jsut like ((yeh just dont go into a bar tha's all)) and we were cool I pass cops all the time with my side arm and they dont really care at all usually when it comes up in conversation its about the specs and how it runs basically gun nuts sucking each other off. We will fix the issue if we get stopped and funny enoug the electronics and parts are so simple allot of better made parts are on amazon So if something breaks down i can get it in 2 days im not claiming to have everything solved and im not one to say i know everything im actually a huge idiot and there is allo to discover about this vehicle as it ages
>>
>>1236035
honestly the only issue with it is yeah its loud in the sense that... its bright pink and different attracting cracklings to it like flies on shit. another issue i get is the glass is very clear on it and with the rain making the ground very wet the sun shines off of it and its sort of blinding so im gonna have to get some kind of tint
>>
>>1235747
50hz <-> 60hz is a 90% efficiency. It's the voltage u have care about.
>>
File: really,,.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
really,,.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>1236033
>modifying it will be easy
You can't even figure out how to charge the batteries but, "Modifying it will be easy."
>>
>>1236182
I meant putting on the odometer im good with like.. practical mechanical stuff, im not an electrician lol
>>
>>1236168
I was talking to the guuys who made it and they seem to believe that putting a converter plug in the outlet will work. and im sure it uses 220
>>
>>1236196
Is your sister hot? Got any pics?
>>
File: 1486257033801.jpg (52KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1486257033801.jpg
52KB, 500x330px
I honestly love this. I've always wanted to buy some cheap alibaba vehicle but in California there's no way I'd get away with it. Good on you OP. You seem to not have much of an idea of what you are doing but you sure as hell went for it and will learn as you go.
>>
File: purg.png (220KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
purg.png
220KB, 300x310px
>>1236203
Sure do and willl partner :B
>>
>>1236206
Post pics of sister
>>
How much was it total with shipping?
>>
How's the airflow when moving? I'm guessing it has to get pretty hot in there while it's closed up. Especially when you're looking for sun to charge up the battery.
>>
Don't other road users hate your slow ass tuk tuk?
>>
>>1236227
When its moving its pretty cool, there is this air scoop on the top that sucks in air and if you open the back window you get a great cross breeze i dont think i have felt over whelmed heat wise once in this thing yet
>>
>>1236230
Eh I kind of feel like they do so i move to the side so they can pass me up. but msotly they are to busy ooing and awwing at it to be very upset
>>
>>1236239
Post pics of sister
>>
lots od peoplehave been trying to buy one of these tuk tuks here o-o like the stoner at my work had this idea of buying a bunchh and having a tuk tuk gangg
>>
File: tuktukdirect_com.png (265KB, 485x274px) Image search: [Google]
tuktukdirect_com.png
265KB, 485x274px
>>1236408
>a tuk tuk gangg
tuktukdirect.com sells it in the UK ("No Road Tax"). On mainland EU you only get the open Thai versions, fully legal.
>>
>>1234847
A local town here has an entire fleet of golf carts, gators, UTVs, and ATVs owned by private people who drive them around everywhere. No helmets, no plates, no anything really. Cops don't seem to care. It is also one of the more high residence towns in the area having more people with lots of money. The more redneck towns crack down on that shit really hard.
>>
File: travel_adapter.jpg (2KB, 121x121px) Image search: [Google]
travel_adapter.jpg
2KB, 121x121px
>>1236196
Many switch-mode chargers (lightweight, no heavy transformer) have a dual 110/220 input and you would only need a round-to-flat travel adapter. 50 Hz or 60 Hz doesn't matter because the charger converts it to DC anyway. If it doesn't work on 110 V you will need somthing like www.google.com/search?q=transformer+110v+to+220v+500w which would be inconvenient because kilograms.
>>
>>1235036
How much was it plus import tax?
>>
>>1236414
These guys bought from the same manufacturer as us lol but they sell them for 8k when they cost around 2k with the solar panel
>>
>>1236468
>Anonymous 08/31/17(Thu)07:10:46 No.1236425 â–¶
>File: travel_adapter.jpg (2 KB, 121x121)
>>>1236196 (You)
i think it was a seven hundred dollar import fee
>>
>>1235036
>I don't need insurance

Dude get insurance.
>>
>>1235747
Please, post a pic with the trash can on it's side in the space behind it...
>>
>>1236476
>can't afford "real" car
>blows $2700 on this thing
>>
>>1236495
It make sense considering you won't be paying for fuel and insurance.
>>
>>1236495
well its because of all the things associated with having a gas car, insurance is expensive as dick and I dont want to buy gas. This thing charges its self and so far has been saving us allot of money and we havent put anything into it yet.
>>
>>1236505
Right. so what has it cost you total to get this to your front door, excluding the 700 dollars tax you paid.

This you have to get it from a port or did the container come to you.

Going to order one but pricing is all over the place.
>>
>>1236505
So what are you going to do when an uninsured car splatters you across the street?

GET INSURANCE!

it should be affordable, just cover your liability and protect yourself from the financial devastation that occasionally comes with accidents.
#poorpeoplepoordecisions
>>
Lmao the legal system is fucked in your countries. Nobody would ever get away with that shit here. Why didn't you just buy an unkillable used jap buzzbox op?!
>>
>>1236528
Hes a gay cuck that buys pink gays shit toy car for his mum
>>
>>1236510
we are only using it on neighborhood streets and they put a limiter on it so it goes nineteen miles per hour. we only take it were you could take bikes just short distance trips around the town were the speed llimit is already low
>>
>>1236548
so why not just use a bike
>>
>>1236563
boring bike gets stolen cool solar powered pink trike not
>>
>>1236563
Well I have a trike with a 50 cc motor on it. but it cant be driven in the rain. And I can one have one passenger on it... later on with the tuk tuk we could buy some trojan batteries for a higher capacity and get it going probobly a hudnred miles per charge
or more
>>
>>1236505
It only goes 19mph, you cant take it on a real road, its range and speed will take you about as far as walking or biking distance

I dont see where you are EVER going to recoup your money, its not like you paid $400 for it.
>>
>>1236659
100 miles in that at full tilt is a 5+ hour trip
lol
>>
>>1234847
How many DUIs did you get before you and your mother both got your licenses permanently revoked?
>>
>>1236677
Still a DUI even in that...
>>
>>1236548

My skateboard has significantly higher wattage than this thing and it peaks at 21. I'm not entirely sure what that limiter is really limiting
>>
>>1236675
I was looking at this and i think im going to buy more batteries im not worried about speed just distance im gonan get the batteries these guys are using. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsTd5zuTbCY
>>
>>1236704
update. So it turns out the ((limiter) they put on it to ship it into the country is actually just a switch on the handle bar... I flipped it and it began to show thirty KM on the screen
>>
there is one other guy in arizona who has one of these and hes planning a cross country trip with his, we are going to talk to him and see what hes doing to mod it
>>
>>1236704
But can it carry 4 people
>>
>>1236677
WE actually dont drink and my mom has never had a drivers license because she kind of has a phobia of driving a car
>>
how is this better than a bicycle
>>
I honestly cant decide if this thread is bait or not
>>
>>1236748
it can carry 5 people and I wont have a heat stroke peddling my dick off in th lousiana heat
>>
>>1236750
What parts bait?
>>
>>1236728
I'm not trying to say it's inherently better, just that if the skateboard is only 2mph faster at any gear ratio I've tried, that limiter isn't there to drastically slow it down
>>
>>1235097
Exactly what I would expect from reading this freakshow of a thread.

Fucking Christ.
>>
>>1236773
>pink
Yup
I thought it was kind of funny how this turned into a advice thread then a trap thread than a fuk off thread
>>
>>1236785
Itll last a long ass time on /diy/, itll turn back to an advice thread.
>>
>>1236789
Yeah im more looking for advice about the batteries and the charging issue
>>
>>1236707
>it began to show thirty KM on the screen
That's because 19mi/h*1.6km/mi=30km/h.
>>
>>1236791
Advice about the charging issue has already been given, read >>1236425
>>
>>1236791
Post boipucci fagboi
>>
File: 1503382474140.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503382474140.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>1236863
you can see my cock goblin tho
>>
>>1236854
Literally a imperial / metric switch.
>>
>>1236859
>Advice about the charging issue has already been given,
And it's shitty advice.
>buy a step-up transformer
240vac is supplied to every house in the USA - even in New Orleans.
Install an accessible 240 outlet at the house and replace the plug with one that matches the outlet.
>>
So we bought a new adapter with good reviews will post destruction pics if it fucks up
>>
>>1236872
Better poster sistet
>>
>>1237287
Those are his legs are hands, you didn't see >>1235097?
>>
>>1237330
>Those are his legs are hands..
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1235036
>doesn't have insurance
Well you better pray every time you drive around in that thing you don't get yourself into an accident. Especially if you live in America.
>>
File: 81Gbn426sGL._SL1500_[1].jpg (190KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81Gbn426sGL._SL1500_[1].jpg
190KB, 1500x1500px
These had really good reviews and after doing math with a friend we are sure this is safe,
OREI GP-95 Schuko European to USA Grounded Plug Adapter
Europe Schuko To USA Plug Adapter
Europe CEE7/7 Schuko to USA NEMA 5-15P plug adapter.
Works in USA from European Countries
Does Not convert Voltage - Only a Plug Adapter
Manufactured under an ISO 9001:2000 quality system or/and BS 5733/A Max 7.5A 110V-250V it comes tommorow then i gotta charge the bitch for maybe thirty hours initially
>>
>>1237488
>Does Not convert Voltage
'good reviews' - its a dumb adapter, the fuck can it do wrong? Basically you could have just used a standard Murica! Murica! plug to 3-pin IEC plug (kettle lead in civilized countries, PC lead? in US) - that's all your adapter is building here.

Here's where you find out whether your charger is indeed dual-voltage capable - most Chink shit is, should really state '100-240v, 50/60Hz' or similar on it but tho. Still find it a bit odd whoever looked at it mentioned the frequency, not the voltage - step-up transformer (120 to 230) would not change the frequency anyway, AFAIK. It should work, but, you'd be better ditching the adapter for a proper lead for things that spend this long plugged in. I also assume you don't have a garage, or driveway, and are simply running a live cable across the sidewalk for 30 hours at a time?- not that its a problem, or anything..
>>
File: dual-socket.jpg (12KB, 217x383px) Image search: [Google]
dual-socket.jpg
12KB, 217x383px
the plot thickens
>>
>>1237555
god fucking damnit.... I realized that when i got it just now then i bough a small transformer than it said i couldnt run it for more than thirty mins on high... so then i just ended up using the converter plug because at the worst im just slowly charging the tuk tuk meaning it will take slightly longer to charge? I have it plugged in now so we will see if i explode...
>>
Ah there she is
>>
>>1237815
You have it for sale now?
>>
>>1237887
no we are keeping ours , just allot of people swarm this thing and love it so hell if they wanna buy it we will import it for them
>>
>>1237911
Can u get underaged pucci with it?
>>
>>1237913
possibly...
>>
>>1237919
How young are we talking about?
>>
>>1237815
18 inches from curb
>>
>>1237911
So why is there a for sale sign in the window?
>>
>>1237911 #

He is dumb as dirt but he understands how to import goods. The for sale sign is to let people know that he has the ability to sell them one of their own. Sure it is as expensive as a used car. But it can charge itself by the sun. So you never actually need to charge it yourself. For the record tuk tuks are legal in america now. There is even an american manufacturer of tuk tuks. American mad tuk tuks are a real thing. I checked the laws because of this thread. This guy is dumb as dirt but he is far from being the dumbest person. People like his tuk tuk and want tp buy it from him. He can import them. He quotes them a value slightly higher then the cost to import a tuk tuk. He makes a profit and they get their own tuk tuk. Every one wins. He is dumb as shit but he is smater then you.

Proof
>>1237887 #

Hey Op don't take what I said as an offense. Honestly I think most people are dumb. That's only because I am litterally smarter then most. I actually respect you a lot. Let me offer you some advice. The company that you got your tuk tuk from would have given you an American style power plug and probably installed the five extra batteries you want. I read their page and they seem willing to modify anything you might want them to modify. Keep that in mind for when you start importing more for sale to the public. Don't forget to add a few hundred dollars to the price you offer to your customer. Also when your business starts to pick up make sure to apply for the proper paperwork so when the tax man comes around your ready. Do research on what you need for a ligit business. After you sell a tuk tuk keep half of the profits and set it aside. Put a lawer on retainer when you have enough. Research affiliate marketing. But don't pay for a kit, there are people that teach it for free on youtube. Once you learn about how to get ranked on google use some of the profits you set aside to do just that. Make a website offering to import your tuk tuks. Good luck!
>>
>>1238086
>He is dumb as dirt but he understands how to import goods
- no, people who understand the concept of product liability understand how to import goods. And people who understand liability would consider being the importer, re seller and, Christ forbid, modifier of record of these 'vehicles' as possibly problematic, to put it fucking mildly.
>>
>>1238086

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Why are you so worked up? Perhaps if you were calm you might have fooled me. But it's clear your just trying to shit on me for supporting Op.
>>
File: sale.jpg (8KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
sale.jpg
8KB, 200x240px
>>1237634
>plugged in now
Did it charge or did it 'splode?
>>
>>1238194
>'splode
OP now a pink patch on the wall besides where charger used to be. All good tho, wall was pink anyway
>>
>>1238086
I knew this was a bait thread
>>
File: rv.it.jpg (5KB, 141x130px) Image search: [Google]
rv.it.jpg
5KB, 141x130px
>>1238201
ten four the scoops are on their way
>>
>>1238086
>I am litterally smarter then most.
Yet you don't know the difference between then and than.>>1238086
>when the tax man comes around your ready.
you're ready - dipshit
I'm non a grammar nazi but you're "clever by half"
>>
this happens allot
>>
>>1238289
You got the bright pink one, you had to have known you would attract gay clowns.
>>
>>1238086
if I was one to get offended 4chan wouldn't be the place for me, Honestly we put the sign on it because everytime we drive it we have to explain what it is and what it does, So I mean heck we already know the manufacturer and she knows us. so if some one wants one why wouldnt we do it. I for one love the idea of solar energy im not a crazy hipster but i like the idea of not paying for fuel all the time, and I want to make it accessible to others not something that is impossible.
>>
>>1238201
nope surprisingly didnt die, i think it just charges slower
>>
>>1235036
>>1235033
>I don't have to uber all over town
>me my mom and roommate had to chip in for it
I'm going to be honest, you have your priorities completely backwards.
If you have a job, you should be able to get to it. Period. Bus, train, (electric) bike, whatever. There are countless ACTUAL methods of transportation available, especially in fucking N'orleans.

If it's too slow, wake up earlier. This is the life you signed up for. Wasting $650+ on a piece of shit bound to get you into heat with the meter maid is a terrible investment.
>>
>>1238264

You're awesome anon.
>>
he had cloths at first... AT FIRST
>>
File: live.jpg (16KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
live.jpg
16KB, 500x229px
>>1238314
We appreciate your cooperation.
>>
>>1238314
>$650+

It was $2700
The $700 was literally just the import fee, not the cost of it itself
>>
>>1238417
That's like as much as a small motorbike and doesn't need the constant maintenance of one
>>
post pictures of the rear differential
>>
>>1238692
just the back end?
>>
>>1238695

the motor and how it mounts

the pics on alibaba are small, and i'm wondering if there is a way to order it separately
>>
>>1238699
the engine is sort of big ill show you when my mom drives it home from work
>>
>>1238699
its also in a scary place, well atleast for nola... like the streets look like a bomb went off pretty much anywere you go and city refuses to fix it... fun fact they actually used the fucked up burgundy street as a spot to film a jeep comercial
>>
File: 2017-09-04 20.37.44a.png (472KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-04 20.37.44a.png
472KB, 2560x1600px
>>1238692
it looks like its connected by a toothed belt most likely to the gear on the differential itself
>>
>>1234847
But will it float?
>>
>>1238775
What the fuck are you talking about in this response? We wanted to see the drivetrain.
>>
>>1240419
give it a day or two, can get a photo of it upside down. good luck OP, and all who sail with you - keep an eye out for you on the news
>>
>>1234847
Start buying laptop batteries from scrap yards and laptop repair shops. Carefully pry them open and harvest the 18650 cells inside. Even with 2,000mah cells you'd get much greater energy density than with lead acid bullshit, and at a cheaper price if you go with cheap and used cells. Google DIY tesla style battery and you'll find tons of people doing it. Better grab some now before the price keeps going up more (until tesla makes their amazing cells $100/kw by 2020 like they say they will).
>>
>>1240475
Forgot pic related. These were $40 for 60cells and that's still not nearly as good as you'll do at scrap yards for $2/lb
>>
>>1238989

right, but all of the pictures are shit on the website and it seems OP can not deliver
>>
Check the news, this is the longest it's been without OP
>>
>>1234847
How much did it cost including shipping?
>>
>>1241620
scroll up
>>1240418
we may never know
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.