[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a small question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (14KB, 157x172px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14KB, 157x172px
anybody have any experience with biodigesters, if so, do you have any experience with using sunflower seed shells in them? sunflower seed shells have chemicals in them that stop plants from growing. that shouldn't affect the bacteria in the digester, but it could affect the usability of the leftover liquid as fertilizer. just wondering.
>>
didn't post enough, i guess i'm asking if the plant effecting chemicals would be broken down by the bacteria, or unaffected.
>>
File: 3a6.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3a6.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>>1234687
>sunflower seed shells have chemicals in them that stop plants from growing
How did the sunflower grow?
>>
i walked right into that one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allelopathy
>>
>>1234694
sow fennel liberally in your garden and let me know how it works out for you
>>
>>1234687
I never knew sunflower seed shells had this property. Thanks for letting me know this.

As for your question, it is recommended not to compost plants like wormwood and use this a soil amendment because of the allelopathy properties you mentioned.

The thing to do would he to look for some studies that have been done that show how long they stay in the soil and how volatile the compounds are.

For example you might be able to grind the hulls and age them to reduce the chemical compounds that are present before using them as a food source for the biodigester.
>>
>>1234694
I think I've seen this meme on an anti-Juggalo facebook page. Can't remember if it was To Catch A Juggalo Predator or Juggalo Holocaust.
>>
>>1234724
>fennel
black walnut mulch ftw
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.