[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to get a live video feed straight to screen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mk2.png (333KB, 487x442px) Image search: [Google]
mk2.png
333KB, 487x442px
What is the best way to get a live video feed straight to screen? I would just use an rca jacked camera and some basic screen but the quality is too low for me. I would want something like 1080p
>>
>>1234410
Yeah rca doesn't do anything like hd.
I think rgb is the oldest that will do anything close to hd.
Find a camera with an output and a screen with an input and away you go.
Hdmi is your best bet probably but its not raw, it's all encoded by the camera. Two different cameras at the same resolution with different encoding routines will have different apparent quality.
>>
>>1234417
Hdmi would be ideal but theres always some sorts of os behind it. No plug and play
>>
>>1234436
Tho this could be done with a rasp
>>
>>1234410
SDI
>>
>>1234436
>always some sorts of os behind it.
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>1234930
to go from camera module input to hdmi output requires software
>>
>>1234410
BEST!,simplest, cheapest, requiring least materials, requiring dumbest electronics, etc?

If you mean least components, there are a few HD over coax technologies like HD-TVI, HD-SDI,etc.

If you mean dumbest tech, component video like RGB or YPbPr, which some of those little camera boards can output directly, can have do full HD 1080p.

If you want what's likely the overall simplest/cheapest (and most likely to have idiot proof instructions) combined, I'd go with an IP camera, either wifi or POE, you don't need a router etc just to connect 2 devices with set IPs. And for the display just stick even a 10$ board like the raspberry pi zero, the orange pi zero, etc on the back of whatever monitor connected over HDMI, DVI, or vga as the combination allows. Or even use an old android phone as the viewer.

And if you really want to tweak the IP cam side, aside from the raspberry pi clones plus separate cameras, there's also the Banana Pi D1, BPI-D1, with all the built in shit to use and recharge etc a small Li battery.

The very dumbest tech wise would be to just drill a hole and use mirrors and lenses to see straight out, or telescope etc, like a peephole that goes through several walls.
>>
>>1234436
There's also always code running on the camera itself, whether it's a SOC with ccd/cmos on die, or a SOC connected to an external video CCD/Cmos chip. And hell, even then, these days most of those chips run simple microcode to adjust the image output

If you want to avoid all code, even microcode, just get some lenses and a poster board.
>>
>>1235173
>camera module input
why would you want that?
use a camera with hdmi output and a screen with hdmi input
>>
>>1235316
a camera with hdmi output is the same thing as a camera module connected to a computer with hdmi output. so yes, your point of "buy everything assembled and ready to go" is correct but mostly retarded in regards to a /diy/ thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.