[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hot water pump not working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-08-26 19.53.57.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-26 19.53.57.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
Need some advice guys, my centeral heating pump is making a whiring sound and I have no hot water or heating. I took the vent cover off and the screw inside moves freely, so on advice of my dad I gave the unit a 'love tap' which produces a horrible grinding sound from it until I turn it off and back on again, can't get plumber out until tuesday, help?
>>
>>1234027
Sounds like your gears are ground to fuck. It is probably fucked.
>>
>>1234027
if you don't have hot water at faucets, I'm going to assume there's no check valves on the line or the return. If you stand back and get a pic of more of that setup, might be able to tell you exactly what to do.
For the moment, try just closing one of those valves at the recirc pump, then check if you have hot water at a faucet, or no pressure, etc.

If there is a valve on the return line going into the bottom of the tank, close that one instead

You have 2 valves there so you can unscrew the (what look like) unions there (if they aren't unions, then they are valves with compression connections on the outer sides, so you'd need to turn off the water to the water heater and any other water valves on it, take loose the compression connections, remove the pump and valves, then remove valves from pump and put them back on the pipes, closed). you can unplug then remove the pump yourself. look up a repair manual or parts explosion for that model. You can then take it apart and try to fix it yourself by ordering the parts you need, or just buying/ordering a replacement yourself.
Those pumps are expensive, but most plumbers aren't going to try and take it apart, tell you to wait for parts then come back to put it together. They are going to just replace it, plus labor, plus service call.
So if you have basic tools and sense, repair or replace yourself
>>
>>1234035
Well, shit guess it'll need replacing
>>
>>1234099
Most of those style are serviceable, with all wearable parts able to be replaced.
looks the same as a grundfos, dunno what the MILO is about
>>
Uh - no hot water OR heating?

It's not the pump, something else is fucked.

Hot water doesn't use the CH pump, that's only used for closed-loop circuits.
>>
>>1234027
Does water come out at all from faucets when just on HOT?
Is water heater warm?
>>
>>1234117
It's always been that way, the hw+ch switch on the controller is jammed so the pump runs whenever its on, only way to get hw only is by thermostat low.
>>
>>1234096
Thanks, i'll try and get a pic later when I'm home
>>
>>1234124
No hot water, just cold. The pipe from the boiler to the tank gets warm until about halfway, the return pipe with the pump on it stays stone cold (except the pump.casing which is red hot)
>>
Ah, then yes, probably is pump fucked. You didn't explain your whole system was shit to start with.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.