[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom bass pickguard design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4485.jpg (45KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4485.jpg
45KB, 900x600px
Hey all. I just bought a brand new pickguard for my bass guitar (pic) and want to have it painted in an original and special design. For this I asked a friend, who is really good for this kind of artistic things. I told her that if she wanted she could even make the design for it. She seemed pretty excited with the idea. Even though, I still think that I should still help her with some research or something. What do you guys think that would be the best for it? (Talking about colors, painting type, or even an artwork for her to base her design idk)
>>
File: IMG_4484.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4484.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Bass with current pickguard
>>
File: IMG_4192.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4192.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
Bass without any pickguard on
>>
>maple fretboard
I was going to shit on you, but now I can't.

Get a paint that's you can thin, and dries hard. The acrylic paints used for model cars is probably a good choice, and the proper brush. Test it on the back of the guard, some solvents(like those found in paints) can melt some plastics. You'll want to clear coat it. Get a test piece and use the paint on it. After the proper dry time use your clear coat choice and make sure it doesn't make the paint bubble, melt, flake, or otherwise get messed up. Also, check the clear coat on the back of the pickguard. You'll want to use an aerosol if you don't have a paint gun or air brush, and I've seen a couple of aerosol clear coats with acetone in them(will melt plastic). Spray it in a dust free area.
>>
You should've gotten a white pick guard if you intended on painting it.
>>
>>1232135
thank her by kissing her everywhere. as for painting a pickguard, you need to prime the surface first. spray paint works fine for this. then use whatever you want to decorate, then cover in top coats of clear coat
>>
Thanks all for the ideas :)
>>1232255
Couldn't find any in my country, and I'm a bit anxious, wouldn't wait a couple of months importing a pickguard. But if you think about it it doesn't even matter cause its gonna be covered in paint (all of it)
>>1232618
I wish lol. Ofc I'm gonna pay her, idk if she will accept it tho, would like her to do, otherwise I would feel bad desu haha
>>
>>1233107
White is easier to prime and paint because you don't need to cover up the darkest of colors. Ever notice that canvases are white and not black?
>>
>>1233373
>black
>color
>>
>>1233373
Dude, he is just using a shot of black in his background. Let the professionals work.
>>
>>1232135
Use the pickguard to template one out of lucite and have her paint the back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.