[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you limp wristed sissies ever need a powered mitre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: images (86).jpg (11KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (86).jpg
11KB, 384x384px
Why would you limp wristed sissies ever need a powered mitre saw when these exist?
>>
Because some of us have projects that require making thousands of cuts.
>>
>>1231658
How do you think they did it before mitre saws were a thing?
>>
>>1231654

Why does your blind ass need a miter box when you could just use a protractor, scribe, and your own mastery of the blade?
>>
>>1231666
Why would you need to use a protractor and scribe? You should be able to cut perfect angles by eye alone.
>>
File: IMG_0279.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>
>>1231661
Slowly. Very
>>
>>1231674
And the quality was better because they put in the time and effort to do it properly
>>
>>1231698
Ah, ye Goode olde tyme
>>
>>1231654
>2017. Not making your own miter box and shooting board.
Shiggydiggy.

>>1231658
Jigs are a thing you know...
>>
>>1231654
If you want to be like that

>Using a plastic one you didn't make
>>
>>1231654
Why spend money on a plastic box when you can pick any scrap of wood with a right angle and use your thumb.
>>
>>1231654
it's not very exact. if you want to go oldskool, at least get a proper manual mitre saw
>>
>>1231827
8 bucks at home depot
>>
>>1231654
Too hard to sharpen my pencil with this pos
>>
Electricity is for pussies. Light your house with candles.
>>
>>1231915
>2017. Not using gas lights.
Shiggydiggy.
>>
Why do you need any tool when you can go live in a cave and eat berries.
>>
>>1231933
Gatherer detected.
Shame you couldn't make it as a hunter, I'll be outside the cave killing megafauna with my mighty tools.
>>
>>1231915
Just eat some fucking carrots and get better at seeing the the dark, faggot
>>
>>1231667
Why do you need eyes? The sense of touch is all you need to accurately cut angles
>>
File: mitre.png (3KB, 369x323px) Image search: [Google]
mitre.png
3KB, 369x323px
>>1231654
How?
>>
>>1231654
because some us like to cut more than 6 inch wide material
>>
>>1232005
>tools
Chase them until they die of exhaustion.
>>
File: lids_remodel.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lids_remodel.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>1232600
Exactly.
Plus, time is money.
>Muh crafting skills
>>
File: lids_remodel_finish_09.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lids_remodel_finish_09.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Some things can't be done with primitive hand tools.
>Muh hacksaw skills
>>
File: goodell-all-steel-lg[1].jpg (117KB, 802x604px) Image search: [Google]
goodell-all-steel-lg[1].jpg
117KB, 802x604px
>>1232600
Picture related. They can cut at any angle, have depth stops so you don't go too far, hold your work in place for you, and even have a stop you can set so each piece comes out the right size after only measuring once.

>>1232692
I can do 10 inch planks on my old hand miter saw without a problem. Even basic old radial arm saws can do 16-inch crosscuts without flipping the wood if you get a 10 inch model. More if you go bigger of course. Most people that don't know shit from Shinola and use power miter saws are too scared to mess with a radial arm saw. Radial arm saws are famous for eating the fingers of operators that are dumber than they are. I've seen 18 inch models that can crosscut over 30 inches but the average contractor either too dumb or too drunk to manage them so they've been replaced by these little plastic turds you see these days.
>>
>>1232764
>Radial Arm vs Mitre

Most tradesman aren't going buy a Cadillac tool just because it is top of the line. Prices are going up while our wages stay the same.

I am not going to buy a 300 dollar 15 amp Milwaukee Orbital Super Sawzall when a 75 dollar 12 amp Dewalt Reciprocating Saw will do the same job. Yeah I will admit it underperforms but it does the same job nonetheless.
>>
File: screenshot.png (609KB, 923x521px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
609KB, 923x521px
>>1232777
What are you even talking about? No one makes construction grade radial arm saws anymore. They are all for furniture makers, cabinet shops, and the like. You know, people that care if a cut is off by ½ a degree and are willing to pay for good quality equipment because they don't plan on drinking/snorting the profit. Not some framer yahoo that spends most of the day eyeballing cuts was a circular saw with the guard jammed open with a nail. The same people that buy table saws with sheet steel tops, plastic bases, "5 horsepower, 15 amp" motors, and color schemes inspired by Fisher Price. Picture related.

Old 'contractor grade' radial arm saws didn't cost any more than a modern sliding compound miter saw, which performs the same task. But, like a table saw, too many morons got their finders ate, so anyone with a double digit IQ is scared to death of them now. You can see why this is a problem in the construction industry. Why do you think the SawStop is even a thing? Saftey third, as Mike Rowe says, so they have to make the tools smarter than the user because maybe then someone will keep the idiots from losing their fingers.

>I am not going to buy a 300 dollar 15 amp Milwaukee Orbital Super Sawzall when a 75 dollar 12 amp Dewalt Reciprocating Saw will do the same job.
Case in point.
>>
Is this where people talk about niggers and stuff?
>>
>>1231654
BecUse they suck
>>
When did this thread get serious and stop being all about trolling? I think this whole site is going to hell.

>>1232802
My kid had one like the top right one. Was pretty cool. And I swear it was Rocket City Rednecks that did the "safety third" thing, then threw that "shocker" gangsign and got all dangerous.
>>
>>1232483

>he can't distinguish the smells of wood grain as it's cut at different angles and adjust accordingly
>>
>>1231654
Because time = money, genius
>>
>>1232805
what do you want to talk about?
>>
>>1233171
niggers and stuff
>>
>>1232735
that kind of thought led to the slash and burn of all of Australia's plant life
>>
>>1232841
>this is what americans actually believe

>despite needing 3d printers to manufacture literally anything ever
>>
>>1232802
Man I fucking hate all this safety shit on new saws. I brought a new mitre saw a while back and promptly disabled every 'safety' feature because I had to fiddle around so much just to get the thing to go and cut that it made it more fucking dangerous than a naked blade with no safety at all.
>>
>>1233261
>it made it more fucking dangerous

same way with riding lawnmowers. nearly impossible to use until you pull a few wires.
>>
for a split second, through my peripheral vision, I thought that was Pikachu.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.