[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3d printers and my rock hard dick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Occulus rift.png (47KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
Occulus rift.png
47KB, 730x290px
Hey folks. Little bit of a story. I need some help and discussion on 3d printers. I received in the mail a nickel iron battery. A single 10 AH cell. Going to do a tear down, take pics etc for a yahoo builder group. I want to build them at home. I've ran into a few design hurdles. The chemistry is easy enough to understand. The mechanics of the cell can be a problem. Mostly interested in making clear corrosive resistant plastic battery jars, lids etc and if possible, fine steel plate. 1/32 of an inch plate. I need ultra fine holes and lots of them but a drill that fine would wear out real quick. Is that possible with current printers? I see some under 200 dollars and yes I know those are cheap junk and they make small parts. The more I research this the more it looks like something that would be fun to do and maybe might make a tight buck or two and work from home. Thoughts?
>>
A bump and bedtime. Also looking into laser cutting/drilling.
I found a company that will sell me the battery cases and jars etc but I was just wandering if it was possible to DIY plastic at home. Didn't see much that could handle polypropylene but i think ABS is very resistant to strong bases like the potassium hydroxide int he electrolyte.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>1231586
Go to the 3dpg thread. Also, shapeways offers nylon which should be chemically resistant but Idk for your purposes
>>
File: 9255t131p1-c01cl[1].png (30KB, 236x208px) Image search: [Google]
9255t131p1-c01cl[1].png
30KB, 236x208px
>>1231586
>fine steel plate
>I need ultra fine holes and lots of them
Steel is sold as perforated sheets in a wide variety of open area percentages.

McMaster-carr has it down to 0.024" thick at 28% open.
>>
You might be able to etch the holes using a chemical solvent, but I'm sure anything that would melt steel will also melt any resistant film you apply to the steel.
>>
File: DSCF0003.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0003.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>1231988
I'll look into it and that size is close to what I need. I guess thickness isn't super important. The nickel iron battery I tore apart had metal sheet that was .15 mm thick. Hole size is. They used holes the size of a needle. Prices are a bit steep. 10 AH a cell requires roughly 40 sq inches of sheet. 25 bucks would get me 576 sq inches. I would be able to make a 15 AH 12 volt cell with that. mcmaster car usually is expensive. Part of the reason I want to make it. I still need to nickel plate it on top of that.
>>
you need sintered metal
>>
File: DSCF0004.jpg (332KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0004.jpg
332KB, 1280x960px
>>1232097
Doesn't work very well with the nickel hydroxide. Makes "a hot mess" according to people who tried.
Pic is a chinese cell.
>>
>>1231988
Honestly if I could figure out how powerful of a laser, I would go with that over mcmaster car. Huge cost savings plus I get a tool.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.