[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pond Weed Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: algae-dying-on-pond.jpg (42KB, 448x258px) Image search: [Google]
algae-dying-on-pond.jpg
42KB, 448x258px
Hello /diy/, recently I acquired a property, most of the lakes weren`t being used and are crowded with Aquatic weed, some of it had crystalline water and are full of fish.
Does any anon have experience with Aquatic Weed Control and have some tips in regards to it, I don`t want to toss herbicide in the river or anything of the sort, if there was a way to manually remove it I would appreciate it.
I`ve seen some websites on the matter like:
>http://weedersdigest.com/aquatic-weed-control/
But any anon knows of a better/simple way of doing it and keeping the rivers clean, for swiming and fishing?
>>
>>1231250
Ducks do a great job. For algae use a bale of straw.
>>
>>1231284
I have some 50 ducks but they stay at a pond nearby the house, the ponds I`m willing to clean 1 and a half klicks away from the house.
I`m not willing to use chemicals because some of the water gets pumped back home by a water mill system, not willing to turn that off and apply it either because this particular water flows into several smaller ones.
Reason why I wanted to try some aerator or remove it manually.
But thanks, much obliged.
Even if managed to put some ducks there they would soil the water that goes back home.
>>
>>1231284
But if you mean putting up a bale of straw and hooking it into the tractor and then dragging it on the water, I can see that happening.
>>
>>1231292
No. He means leaving a bale of barley straw in the pond. When it breaks down it releases chemicals which inhibits the growth of algae. Best time of year to do this is April/May.
>>
>>1231293
OH, I see, thanks, I didn`t knew that.
10-4.
>>
>>1231250
copper sulphate is good for weed control.
don't use too much it will kill the fish
>>
>>1231303
I can`t use it anyhow, it`s flowing water, some of it gets pumped back to the house and other places/rivers, I don`t want to use chemicals.
>>
File: 1336345684537.gif (466KB, 127x139px) Image search: [Google]
1336345684537.gif
466KB, 127x139px
>>1231292
>>
>>1231305
What?
It could be done, if you strapped the barley on a rope attached to a truck, but it would be messy.
But I just realized how fucking stupid that is since you could simply attach something else that wasn`t so heavy.
The weed itself looks like grass and it`s somewhat heavy to drag out.
>>
>>1231250
carp eat water plants and get large
>>
>>1231250
Hipboots and a rake. Compost or bury what you fish out.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170823-130805.png (664KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170823-130805.png
664KB, 720x1280px
>>1231250
Dude weed lmao ;)

Pic related work?
>>
File: accidentUntitled-1.jpg (19KB, 242x163px) Image search: [Google]
accidentUntitled-1.jpg
19KB, 242x163px
>>1231293
Well hell. Just learned something. And it wasnt even shipping container related. Kek
>>
>>1231311
Hell op, you could drain it once a year if u got water nearby to refil it?

Thats my plan anyway. Then just burn it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170823-130119.png (419KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170823-130119.png
419KB, 1280x720px
>>1231250
Or you could monster mower

https://youtu.be/r20QZScmCRQ
>>
Stop contaminating the pond with fertilizer and garbage
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.