[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shed Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: img_0860.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
img_0860.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>Move into new house
>Fixer upper
>Finally done with inside of house
>Realize my sheds floor boards are rotten because the guy who built it never really suspended in from the earth

I've never done foundation work.

I want to build a decent shed. Just how much of a pain in the balls would it be to do the foundation for a shed that is maybe the size of a one car garage?

Is it possible to sort of separate a shed from it's base and put foundation under it, or should I just say fuck it and demolish it? It's a shame because everything else is good, but it's a "handyman" built shed. Not sure what kind of fuckery I'll find. Basically it's a normal big shed, but he added a "L" shaped extension shed around the back corner.

But eventually my foots going to go through the floor while I'm sawing or something and I'm going to die.

Not as bad as pic related, but maybe a year or two from that point.
>>
>>1231080
Jack it up off the ground and put piers under it as needed. If the entire floor is shot you will need to replace it.
>>
>level the earth
>Put down cheapo paving slabs
>>
>>1231110
>>1231268
Both.
untreated luber won't last if it somes into contact with the earth.
You need to jack it up, determine if you can save it, and the offset it from the ground.
Pavers, Pre made offsets, treated lumber.

You have so much dry rot there, it's hard to tell if it's worth the effort. Depends on your budget and needs.
>>
>>1231715
*untreated lumber
Dumb hands, it's late. forgive me.
>>
>>1231080

Jack up the shed and put something under to keep it at height.

I would use bricks.
>>
>>1231268
This.

And of course as others have said, if the floor joists are fucked, you need to replace them, and I'd use treated wood.
>>
>>1231080
I may be crazy, but I'd take it down piece at a time and save the decent lumber, then I'd pour the foundation, then rebuild correctly. It would take longer, but it would be done right. Have you ever jacked up a building? Do you even have the jacks to do it?
>>
>>1231925
Not OP but...

We do a lot of IT work for a company that does foundation repair and structure moving.
They'll move an entire house if you ask them to.

We could probably borrow tools from them no problem if we needed to just jack up a building. :D
>>
>>1231080
Not a hard job, will just take time. Check link
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=odell+complete+concrete+foundation
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.