[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Table Troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0048.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /diy/, I've got the table pictured below. The two redwood pieces screw into the black piece which is the middle and the base. The table is fairly old, and the screw holes have hollowed out badly over the years. While the table stands up, the sides sag tremendously and there are some worrying gaps. It doesn't look like screwing new holes in the center piece is feasible. The best solution I can think of is leaving the current screws in place and placing something below the two ends to prop them up. Any suggestions what I should use /diy/? I'd prefer not to drill extra holes, and I'd prefer not to scratch up the wood on the bottom of the table.
>>
I can't exactly tell from the picture, bbut it *looks* like your pedestal section is made out of particle board. Is that where the worn out screw holes are? Assuming the answer is "yes", then best bet is to build a new middle section out something that's not crappy like press-board.

Another option is to attempt a repair to the screw holes by adding material. Wood toothpicks and wood-glue is pretty effective.
>>
>>1230956
The pedestal is particle board and didn't originally come with the table, but had been added to the table before I inherited it. Unfortunately, the hollowed out holes are in the redwood.
>>
You've posted this dumb shit before, go look at the archive for all the answers we gave last time
>>
>>1230973
>go look at the archive

where's the /diy/ archive? All I can find is links to recently removed posts.

And I seriously doubt it's a repost or OP would have rotated the image properly.
>>
>>1231170
>where's the /diy/ archive?

https://archived.moe/diy/

I searched for "table" and "table redwood" and did not find it. Searching for 'screw" turned up too many results.
>>
Get some threaded inserts to go into the wood. Use new machine screws that are the right size for the inserts.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.