[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I un-fuck this up /diy/, never had this happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170820_141008.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170820_141008.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
How do I un-fuck this up /diy/, never had this happen
>>
go find some broken boards and practice for 10 minutes or more
>>
>>1230738
Will do, any chance of recovering this one?
>>
>>1230741
remove the solder blobs and clean it with some alcohol. what did you do to the tracks on the right?
>>
>>1230743
A lame attempt at making new solder pads
>>
>>1230736
Famiclon?
>>
>>1230736

yea, you done trashed that... theres no fixing that much damage
>>
>yea, you done trashed that... theres no fixing that much damage

someone with skillz and the proper tools could fix that in 5 minutes. the OP: never.
>>
>>1230765
OP here, I wholeheartedly agree
>>
>>1230765
lol yeah, did OP use a 200W soldering gun blindfolded? i've never seen anything that bad.

if i was desperate enough i'd clean it with some acetone, buff it with some 220 grit, jumper any broken traces with strands of wire, and break out the traces or remaining pads to some ribbon cable.
>>
File: FB_IMG_15019861930974633.jpg (110KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_15019861930974633.jpg
110KB, 480x360px
>>1230775
>>
>>1231116
Fucking shitty app deleted the text after i added the pic, ffs
>>
>>1231117
But OP here, 30w pos. I had to desolder a ribbon cable socket on the other end.(this is the PCB of a keypad, wanted to repuropse it for racing games and this would've been the best method) after trying for about 10 minutes, i figured i wasn't skilled enough to melt all of the pads simultaneously. So i figured if i carefully take off the plastic part of the plug, i can tgen desolder the pins one by one. Carefully is the key word here. Yanked most of the solder pads clean off the board. It's black because i tried to put tin back on.
>>
>>1231119
It looks like it was struck by lightning. Be a lot more careful next time and remember that exerting physical force is never a good idea with PCBs
>>
flux bro, flux and ethyl. thats what you needed.
>>
>>1231136
"be more careful" is stupid advice

I don't know how you even come up with some dumb fuck useless crap like that

op, you don't need to "be more careful" you need to fucking practice on some sacrificial boards so you know how to fucking solder

you already know how to learn, stop being a dumb fucking monkey on purpose

you knew you were fucking up the entire time you were doing this
>>
>>1231137
That helps with desoldering? Fuck i didn't know thanks.

>>1231156
Yeah but i paid $1,25 for this thing at a thrift shop i didn't really give a fuck but i just can't be arsed to go back and buy something else
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.