[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop stopped working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (55KB, 1198x661px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
55KB, 1198x661px
My laptop recently started bluescreening during video games. I've already reset it, updated all drivers, ran checkdisk and the memory diagnostic but nothing has solved or found an issue.
MSI GE60 laptop
NVidia 907m
16gb memory
1tb hdd
intel i7-5700hq

I'm open to smashing it with a hammer if I must.

pic is last 3 bluescreens
>>
>>1230017
Install gentoo
>>
>>1230023
delete system32 also?
>>
>>1230017
so the bluescreen only happens in games?

maybe your laptop is overheating
>>
>>1230032
>MSI GE60 laptop
according to notebookcheck, the ge60 has thermal problems

"Despite the loud fan, the GE60 quickly reaches critical temperatures. While idle, the surface is still comfortably cool, which is thanks to the metallic surface of the chassis. During the stress test, the temperatures rise rapidly and the top and bottom reach critical values (around 50 °C; 122 °F). Thankfully, the GPU and CPU are a little better and hit a maximum of 90 °C (194 °F; GPU) and 92 °C (197.6 °F; CPU). These values are 5 °C (9 °F) lower than those of the GE60H."
>>
>>1230032
>>1230033
I reapplied thermal paste and cleared out the dust, its only started bluescreening very recent, ive had this laptop for a couple of years. And the warranty ran out right before the crashing too
>>
>>1230033
also it never gets higher than 85 before it bluescreens
>>
>>1230034
so the laptop only crash during video games?
>>
>>1230036
mostly, but its crashed just browsing the internet a couple of times in the past week
>>
>>1230040
hard to say what the problem is
try running on integrated graphics for awhile
disable the GPU in device manager.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 851x174px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 851x174px
>>1230041
nope still crashed
>>
>>1230059
reinstall windows from a fresh copy, dont reset or restore or refresh

only install the nvidia driver after and use the default windows drivers
>>
>>1230017

It sounds like maybe one of your ram modules is going bad?
>>
>>1230017
>windows
>gaymer
>MSI
>I'm open to smashing it with a hammer if I must.

15 years old
>>
>>1230017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgAtgddjf_U
>>
>>1230498
Just fucking shut up if you have no idea what you're talking about.

>>1230017
Holy shit, can you not even use google?

Google: "Bugcheck code: 0x7F"
first result is microsoft's support page for that error. A trap was ignored
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap
This particular bugcheck has a servicevalue of 8 as seen in the log above. which says it's either a kernel stack overflow or a hardware problem.

and your ntoskrnl crash because 0x3b which explicitly says that it a typical software driver bug and is not typically a hardware problem.

So OP. We've narrowed down that it's theoretically a software device driver problem.

Reboot the machine and press f8 to drop into the last known good configuration. Run the system in this state and see if the error re-occurs.

If the error does not reoccur then establish this operational state as your configration.

We can also further deduce that since this only occurs in games, then the issue may be with the graphics drivers currently installed. Install updated drivers and recheck.
>>
>>1231242
>tells anon to stfu
>literally repeats what the OP's pic says
Top kek.

It's a driver problem. Roll back drivers, disable them, update them, blah blah until you get it fixed. If not, I'd just do a system repair.
>>
Adding to >>1231246
Graphics hardware especially likes to eat shit when it's stressed and drivers are generally just good enough. I would consider retiring that aged heat factory. Look into the G84m debacle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.