[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cleaning pidgeon nests and poo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

While I was on vacation pidgeons made two nests on my balcony and laid some eggs. This weekend I have the time so I will go and clean everything. I was thinking about wearing a breathing mask and gloves. I'm looking for any tips regarding cleaning from people that have done this. Any tips appreciated.
>>
>>1229662
simply throw their nests away and maybe leave some pidgeon poison. unless your balcony is in the middle of a clean, natural forest, these pidgeons carry disease, so you need to sanitize the problem accordingly.
>>
just pressure wash the fucker

maybe not even that, just use a hose

are you eating right off your balcony or something?? hot water and soap should suffice for getting any marks out

i had this problem too once i just used a broom and some water
>>
Burn it with fire. Whole building.
>>
>>1229662
Keep the nest. Bleach the place but keep the cleaned nest.

Put some fake eggs in it.

Put the fake nest in a cage.

Now put some sensors wire to an arduino or something and make it trigger the shutter, whenever some random pigeon gets attracted to the nest and sits on the egg, the cage closes and trapping them.

Now kill the pigeon with a shotgun.

Now you have a free pieces of chicken meat. It may taste weird, just pretend they are real chicken and not pigeons.
>>
File: squab.png (225KB, 1248x652px) Image search: [Google]
squab.png
225KB, 1248x652px
>>
>>1229684
>>1229703
If I didn't live almost downtown in a huge building yeah maybe...
>>
>>1229662
Pigeons are cool, and used to be the ultimate human pet and tool. Too bad everyone in here is a dick.

Also you don't need a mask for 2 nests that were just built you pussy. God the people here.
>>
>>1229662
Put on a pair of gloves, throw the nest in the garbage and spray down the area with a hose. Really not a big deal.
>>
Domesticate said pigeon. Let her hatch the eggs. Do this many times until you have an army of pigeons. Then you can start to take over the world.
>>
>>1229662

You're on the right track. Gloves, mask. I had one that moved into a corner of roof over my apartment balcony. I removed the nest and there was two eggs in there. So, I threw the nest away and placed the eggs on the railing, it was about six inches wide. One egg hatched and I had a ugly looking featherless bird running around on the deck. Next time, i will boil the two eggs and then place them back. You gotta put something so the birds don't come back and nest again.
>>
>>1229662
slide the eggs up your ass and walk around acting like a pigeon. peck at the ground from time to time then squat to 'lay' an egg.
>>
File: 20150613.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20150613.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>1229662
A pigeon made nest in my car while i was in the house im just gonna slam the hood on it
>>
>>1230780
Why doesn't your car have wheels and why is your backyard a scrapyard?
>>
>>1230786
>Why doesn't your car have wheels and why is your backyard a scrapyard?

I live in a rough neigborhood so I have to take my wheels in the house at night. I suppose all those other neighbors do the same.

And the hoods are up to show that we carried the batteries inside as well and they don't waste time breaking it open.

Part and parcel...
>>
>>1230513
I removed everything yesterday and put a net. Today they came back and came in despite the net being held in place. I'm gonna hop to the store now to look for a dummy owl or something.
>>
File: coolface trollface mask.png (49KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
coolface trollface mask.png
49KB, 604x453px
>>1230799
>I live in a rough neigborhood so I have to take my wheels in the house at night.
>>
File: ASIxXs7.png (85KB, 550x376px) Image search: [Google]
ASIxXs7.png
85KB, 550x376px
>>1230799
>>
>>1229703
don't eat street pigeons. they're pretty much toxic because of all the garbage they eat, and even the non-toxic ones taste bad.

Same for any street animal, really, the different diet makes the meat taste bad and they're much more prone to disease and parasites. Kinda like people, really

>>1229814
desu I considered setting up a small coop so that the pigeons that roost on my balcony stay in one spot

also i know eating street animals is bad but I do wonder if street pigeons eggs are edible and palatable
>>
>>1230881
put a bees nest there
>>
>>1231144

In malaysia, the city workers net hundreds of street pigeons and sell them to restaurants when they need money to go drink liquor
>>
>>1230881
>. I'm gonna hop to the store now to look for a dummy owl or something.

they use something that looks like a pipe cleaner where the bristles are long strands of stiff stainless steel wire to prevent pigeons from roosting
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.