[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dagger Display

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170817_134113598.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_134113598.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
Sup, /diy/. So I had this souvenir dagger I got a while ago and I got to thinking, "Rather than shove it in a box with all my other souvenirs, I wonder if I could make something to display it." Thing is, I've never made anything before and don't really have any idea what's possible or what tools I need to do it.

So I made a mockup of what I was thinking, but it's a little inelegant. I went to the hardware store and picked up a thin brass rod and bent it with some pliers, snipped off a little bit to make some clips to hold the back together, and used screws in a block of wood to keep it in place because it kept falling backwards.

Problem is, I only have ~five inches of shelf space to display it and as it is, it takes about eight. I was thinking I could bend the brass so the stand is taller vertically and the angle the dagger hangs at is closer to 90, and I'd like to ditch the wood block, but the problem is that the dagger is too heavy in the rear and it falls over. I thought I could use a thicker brass rod for the bottom part of the frame but I don't have any welding tools or knowledge of how to connect the part holding the dagger with the base. Anyone have any ideas on how I could improve on this?
>>
I have 2 good ideas:
1 build the same brass stand but at the top put a arm out with the hook on the end so the dagger/letter opener hangs vertically.
2 make a fake stone to put it in sword in the stone style.
>>
>>1229391
Get a block of wood and stab it really hard. Bam! Dagger on display.
>>
>>1229746

I like this
>>
>>1229746
Simple and elegant
>>
>>1229597
>make a fake stone
this
get yourself some nice strong foam and a can of grey spray paint and stick that fucker right in there
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>1230934
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.