[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wooden folding chairs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Chairs.png (670KB, 719x514px) Image search: [Google]
Chairs.png
670KB, 719x514px
Just found these 4 wooden folding chairs. Anyone have an idea what I could do with them? I'm looking for inspiration, I'd maybe like to add some colour to them or so. Thanks.
>>
>>1229371

you could make a home theater. the seats are usually the critical item, and you have that one covered.
>>
>>1229383
Great idea! But I was actually looking to spruce them up and sell them. Just don't know what the best approach is. I was thinking of maybe staining them and painting the seat part of it in different colours.
>>
>>1229392
Sanding is going to be a pain in the ass, but stain, and paint is a good idea. I've personally wanted to get a good wooden chair to make a shelf out of.
>>
>>1229395
>Sanding is going to be a pain in the ass

Why is that? I'm a complete novice so I have no idea.
>>
>>1229413
Couple of reasons. If you do not have a sander, it's going to be a long and tiring job. If you cannot disassemble the chairs, it's going to be hard reaching crevices, and you need an even surface. And last, whatever they were originally finished with is going to be on there pretty good, if they did a decent job. It's in no way out of your league, but it takes dedication.
>>
>>1229421
I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

So, ideally I'd want to disassemble the chairs if possible and sand them really well. How difficult is it to get an even surface? And as I don't have a sander, can I do it manually and expect a decent result, bearing in mind I've never done anything like this?
>>
>>1229371
I would be pissed if I saw a set of chairs for sale and then the guy told me "yeah I just painted them for you". Maybe just clean them with mineral spirits ands put a nice coat of paste wax on them and sell them.
>>
>>1229429
It's easy to get an even sanding, especially if you can disassemble. And yeah, hand sanding is fine, just tiring as shit.
>>
>>1229371
Draw dicks on them and sell them as dick chairs.
>>
Get a life is my suggestion
>>
>>1229371
Put your neck in one and fold it up.
>>
>>1229371
just clean them up with some Murphy's oil soap, and make sure the metal hinges are lubed properly.
>>
Damn dude....I'd just sit on them
>>
>>1229371
Buy yourself a wooden table
>>
>>1229371

sell them to hipsters as mid century chairs.
>>
>>1229371

Give them their chairs back, DaQuan
>>
>>1229371
>Just found these 4 wooden folding chairs. Anyone have an idea what I could do with them?
...Sit in them?
>>
Do you people really have to shit on everything that looks normal?

Muh color. Bedazzle them with swastikas and sell them as art.
>>
Upholstered pads on seat and back and a paint job
>>
>>1229371
plant them and watch a chair tree grow

sell the chairs you pick to furniture supply stores.
>>
>>1229371
>>
>>1230362
Seriously this. I personally love color but if somthing is well built and functional and looks perfectly fine I don't understand the need to pimp it out. Or worse convert it to somthing its not just because the need to do somthing with it.

What's wrong with a nice wooden chair just being a nice wooden chair.
>>
>>1229371
Why paint them tho ? You could always add some pillows or carve some roses on them .
>>
>>1229371
Sell them on craigslist as is. Bitches are into chalk paints or mismatching (different colors)painted chairs... but you dont know the first thing about design trends and you'll probably end up painting them a color nobody wants and reduce your market.

Personally I would stain them all dark walnut or paint black. Either that or I'd paint each of them a different quirky color like one a soft yellow and one lilac.
Then again you could leave them that yellow wood color and go with a modern theme.
>>
>>1229658
>>1229668
/thread
>>
Use them as chairs, or use the wood for future projects.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.