[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A/C Trouble Shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Shitty mspaint prints.jpg (46KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Shitty mspaint prints.jpg
46KB, 819x460px
Please excuse the crude MS paint prints, I can't seem to figure this one out, I patched all the holes in the duct work with insulation and HVAC tape. The air flow improved dramatically in the two vents, but most of the vents only saw a marginal, if any, improvement.
Is it possible there's an obstruction inside the ductwork?
>>
>>1229212
sometimes there is a section with a butterfly type valve to control air flow.

on my dads house the vents came up through the floor, and had poor fit to the ductwork, so I ended up sealing areas I couldn't reach with expanding foam. that, plus wrapping vents with insulation, made a big difference
>>
>>1229212
air is like water and will take the easiest path. this means the vents with the least restrictions will flow the best. most residential jobs nobody ever puts in balancing dampers. having these dampers you can move the air around. also remember that CFM design is based on room size also. generally it's .75 to 1.5 CFM per square foot. a 10x10 room would see around 100 CFM and this doesn't feel like a lot of air if you put your hand over the vent. larger rooms will have the CFM spread across multiple vents. if there are single vents in the larger rooms then these will feel like they are flowing more air.
>>
>>1229218
>sometimes there is a section with a butterfly type valve to control air flow.
I didn't see one, but I'l look again

There was one duct that was totally disconnected from from the air handler (The master bedroom) that I bullshit back into place, I did a pretty good job considering what I had available to me, but I'm going to get some expanding foam and finish that off.

The biggest difficulty with this is that everything is in a crawl space, it is the biggest pain in the dick to try and ninja my way around everything while keeping the body profile of a cat in heat.
>>
File: Another shitty mspaint print.jpg (39KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Another shitty mspaint print.jpg
39KB, 819x460px
>>1229222
Interesting, That would make sense, here's a slightly less shitty rundown of the house, what bothers me is the vent in the dinning room just ins't blowing at all, whereas the one to the left of it in the living room blows like Ms Daisy.
>>
File: Another shitty mspaint print.jpg (42KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Another shitty mspaint print.jpg
42KB, 819x460px
>>1229234
Forgot to finish labeling it
>>
>>1229234
Are you positive it isn't a return?
>>
>>1231061
Pretty sure, you can feel cold air if you stick your hand in the vent, it's just not moving.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.