[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make plastic for a car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I removed the badge from my grill and there is a hole where the badge was. I could go online for a new grille but I like my plastic stock grill, I just want the hole covered. Is there any way I can somehow make plastic, mold and sculpture it , and then paint or vinyl it?

OTHERWISE, are there other ways to do this? Like how do you fill in a hole on a car grille or anywhere on your car to be able to shape it with the rest of the bodywork to make it look seamless?
>>
Cheap nigger way;
Sawdust and thin strips of newspaper soaked in a mixture of water and wood glue, then pressed in the hole.
Sand smooth, skim with wood filler, and paint.
>>
>>1229199
Isn't there like a product i can buy at walmart or slmething like glue or putty thst i can shape and fill in the gap?
I will still consider your advice
>>
Look up super glue and baking soda, people do that on helicopters and stuff. It dries rock hard and it's super cheap
>>
>>1229204
>super glue and baking soda, people do that on helicopters
Is this a meme? Should I add a shot of black as well?
>>
>>1229189
Bondo
>>
>>1229201
Yes. Body filler.
Either the kind made specially for bumpers, or the kind with fiberglass in it
(green in color).

Used tightly crumpled up newspaper as a backing.

>>1229205
It's not a meme. I fixed lots of shit this way.
>>
>>1229189
Why not just put the badge back...
>>
>>1229189
Epoxy putty
>>
Or google plastic disc and insert...
>>
>>1229189
Amazon sells little plastic beads that you heat in water and it becomes one uniform moldable piece of plastic
>>
File: IMG_20170817_123419.jpg (833KB, 3222x1774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_123419.jpg
833KB, 3222x1774px
2 part epoxy putty, you can get it in black from various hardware stores and Amazon. Just cut off a piece and get it to a uniform color, press to shape and let dry. Can be easily trimmed/sanded and painted. Dead simple.
>>
>>1229189
Gas yourself, ricer faggot
>>
>>1229205
I never heard of it being used on helicopters, but I know that it is used on guitar nuts if they need filling, since it dries extremely hard and is able to be shaped with a file.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.