[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chain keeps coming off shitty trail bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: trail bike.png (255KB, 494x426px) Image search: [Google]
trail bike.png
255KB, 494x426px
bought a 300 dollar coleman ct100u trail bike off the internet. The first day I rode it I could hear the chain popping or clicking/rattling and it felt somewhat loose to touch. I tightened it a cunthairs worth and fired it up, the masterlnk popped immediately and I couldnt find it Ordered a new masterlink, put it on. Popping issue kept happening for about an hour or so. Then the chain would come off if I turned at all. I tightened it all the way down at this point. Now it comes off If I give any throttle at all. I can pull the chain off the sprocket with my hand easily. I didnt add any length to the chain at all. I dont understand. Maybe I should just remove a link? idk
>>
Pics dawg
>>
>>1228431
"popping" most likely a stretched and warn chain. Replace chain. If this still doesn't fix it. The chain sprockets are out of align.. Maybe missing a spacer or something on the rear axle.

But I'm betting more on a Fucking stretched chain.
>>
>>1228431
mine always popped off when I jumped the curb running from the law
>>
>>1228438
Tyrone please.
>>
>>1228436
You think that's it even been brand new? The clutch and sprocket are aligned and the clutch is on snug so it has to be the chain its just strange to have so much give to it being literally 5 hrs use old.
>>
>>1228438
Did u fix it? if so how?
>>
easy fix.. loosen back wheel, remove ONE LINK from chain (using a chain tool so you dont fuck it up) tighten chain and wheel. ride that shit. have fun

also check sprockets for bent teeth that might cause the chain to jump it. check chain to make sure all the links are not hung up to where they cant move around the sprockets freely
>>
>>1228436
Came here to post this. Probably worn chain. Anon means replace entire chain, not just master link.
>>
>>1228467
I too concur. Along with sprockets.

Looking online at the pics there's no adjustment there.
>>
File: ebikesolar.jpg (133KB, 550x411px) Image search: [Google]
ebikesolar.jpg
133KB, 550x411px
>Gas powered
>Not taking your fat tire ebike w/full suspension
>>
If sprocket teeth are pointy and sharp sprocket is wore out. Should be dull and flat
>>
>>1228521
Full Suspension
>>No suspension in sight.
>>
File: ebike.jpg (563KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
ebike.jpg
563KB, 1680x945px
>>1228534

I meant my own (pic related), but wanted to post the pic of the one with fat tires and portable solar. That's a killer combo for bike camping, fat tires give you additional shock absorption and don't sink into mud as much. I only didn't go that direction because I wanted to still be able to fit it into a car bike rack that requires standard tire thickness.
>>
>>1228545
it was 300 dollars and it came in a cardboard box. I really didn't expect much.
>>
>>1228545
How much did it cost to build that? Parts list or BOM?
>>
>>1228545
Hey Orahomie! Did you build that yourself? If so how difficult is the process? Idafag here looking to explore some of this here bush.
>>
>>1229543
>>1229428
Nevermind just saw the follow-up post. Stay gnarly my dude.
>>
>>1229532

$2,500 in parts. Another 2 or 3 hundred in special tools I didn't realize I would need to work on this frame and the kind of fork you need for such a heavy bike. I have all the shit I need to fix it myself now though.

>>1229543

It was a pain in the ass, but in the process I learned everything necessary to do my own maintenance and repairs.
>>
>>1229547

That wasn't me. That was OP talking about his gas mini bike.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.