[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

e-bikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: me if i dont get a bike.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
me if i dont get a bike.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
What is the best type of bike to convert into an e-bike that maximizes speed.Road bikes look a bit uncomfortable and too fragile to convert, should i go with a bmx or a mountain bike?
>>
it's a form over function decision i guess, the bmx looks cool but is much slower because of the size of the wheel. Btw i know nothing about bikes so educate me plz
>>
xc mtb frame + fox 40 downhill fork master race.

Speed is usually just a function of battery pack voltage, the kv of the motor, and overall reduction. It's easy to go fast.
The 'magic' in a good ebike is all in the reduction method, having a full suspension frame, gusseted headset area, and good hyrdaulic brakes.

The only benefit a bmx has going for it is smaller tires which give more mechanical advantage than larger wheels. You'll find some folks run a 20" rear wheel for more torque and a 26" up front paired with a mtb fork.
>>
>>1228135
BMX are for shitlords, not comfortable for long term use, only good for doing tricks. If you want to go fast that's literally what road bikes are made for, full carbon-fibre or fibreglass, no extras, and extra aerodynamics. They are in no way fragile unless you're cutting chunks out of the frame, and most bike peripherals are strapped on or screwed on anyway, so there probably won't be any frame modification unless you go for an in-frame motor. But they are brittle and will shatter instead of bending like a steel or Al frame, which is why mountain bikes aren't made from fibre composites often.

>>1228160
Sounds good if he's zipping in between trees, but for going speedy he'll want something with narrow or smooth tires, which look pretty shitty on a dank MTB.

Assuming he'll be on the road, an Al frame, front-suspension only if you plan on going on gravel, touring bike/hybrid bike is probably the way to go. You'll have to weigh the motor options, whether you go frame-motor (unlikely) or hub motor (likely) or externally mounted with hose-clamps motor (if you're a third world scrub), battery options (don't blow yourself up by pulling too many amps) and control options by cost and effectiveness.

I'd recommend asking relevant questions on a /n/ bike or e-bike thread, but don't buy into their "steel frame single speed" bullshit unless you're some kind of hipster. /n/ is a pretty good place for bicycle expertise provided you don't fall for their memes. Also don't be a namefriend unless you really have to, especially with a creatively bankrupt name such as "NIGGABOY". Nobody cares who you are unless you really have a name for yourself, and even then you don't see bunkerbro with a name (he bought a massive underground military bunker to refurbish or something).
>>
>>1228129
For speed go max wattage u can, hub motor on biggest rim u can. Reduces power some. But that is for max top end. And be sure use 18650 cells or similar
>>
>>1228129
My workhorse commuter bicycle is a Specialized Tricross that I threw a Bafang 8fun 750w onto.

I did a lot of re-wiring and put the throttle into the left shifter which is now redundent because I only have the one front gear. I tore out the ratcheting shit and connected the deraillure cable into a new throttle controller mounted on the downtube.

the downshift lever of the unit cycles between the different pedal assist modes.
The tricross is a good blend between being durable "enough" but still having very low rolling resistance.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.