[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$129 Should I pull the trigger? Only 6 hours left for this sale.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_20170814-204642.png (300KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170814-204642.png
300KB, 720x1280px
>$129
Should I pull the trigger?
Only 6 hours left for this sale.
>>
No batteries included & the drill isn't a combi, right?

I wouldn't.
>>
If you plan on using them a lot and beating the shit out of them, get Makita instead. Otherwise you'll be fine with Ryobi shit, they use Milwaukee parts anyway
Hilti is straight up overkill for anyone other than professionals

>>1227958
If they include a cahrger, they probably include batteries as well
>>
>>1227965
Excellent reply... I couldn't type fast enough.
>>
ehh, if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd wait for like BF or closer to christmas

and or just buy one and get the other used, I've seen plenty of dewalt tools pretty cheap on CL just because people weren't selling the batteries with them
>>
>>1227945
It is a good price checking camelcamelcamel
Standard pricing jumps from about 180-200.

I have a friend who bought into the Bosch 18v line and they are powerful, nothing wrong with them.
If you are OK with the limited Bosch 18v line, it seems like a pretty good deal.
Most people a limited tool line isnt a huge deal anyways. Brands like Ryobi make a ton of horse shit. No im never going to buy a small squirrelcage fan that im going to put one of my expensive batteries on.
>>
>>1227958
It literally says in the title and shows 2 batteries.
>>
>>1227971
People buy those? Just get a $15 Honeywell, it's the same thing minus the battery

I will say their other gardening stuff is actually pretty good. Compare Ryobi's ekektric lawnmower to Makita's, the Makita feels like a chintzy toy.
So I guess it's a better platform for the average home owner in that regard
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>he doesn't have a Ryobi garage door opener
>>
>>1227974
I am a fan of battery backup in your garage door opener.
I probably wouldnt go this route if I were installing a new one though
>>
>>1227974
>modular garage door opener

I cant tell if this is retarded or genius...
>>
I did a little reading and people are saying the plastic chuck is prone to damage within months of hard use. I need something stronger so I'm gonna pass on this one.
>>
>>1227981
It's genius for them. I do like the idea of an inexpensive belt drive opener that can be controlled through your phone with a battery backup, but I don't see any attachments that I'm interested in

Maybe the electric reel, but you can get regular ones for like $30
>>
Whats the best easy to find reasonably priced tool brand? Everyone i know loves dewalt but that doesnt mean its the best
>>
>>1228027
>>1227965
>>
>>1228027
Porter cable has always done me right on drills and drivers with decently heavy use but not full time work.
>>
>>1227945
if you want the slowest compact impact driver sure.

Look for Makita/Dewalt theyre on the same level...

Or if not go with the TTI Industries crap Ryobi, AEG/Rigid, Milwaukee
>>
File: 130108-casey-anthony-10a.jpg (1MB, 1067x1500px) Image search: [Google]
130108-casey-anthony-10a.jpg
1MB, 1067x1500px
>>1228050
>Makita/Dewalt theyre on the same level..
>>
>>1228052
OK i take that back, Japanese tools are a tier above the Mexican made black and decker..
>>
File: 960.jpg (47KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
47KB, 960x540px
>>1228060
>makita
>made in japan

You are a bad gumshoe
>>
>>1227945
are impact drivers better for tapcons that normal drills ?
>>
>>1228126
Impact drivers are violent
Ive only used tapcons a few times, but I would guess that it would be really bad for them.

I would think it would damage and cause the hole to crumble inside making it weak.
Its beautiful for driving long screws into wood as the wood takes the shocks easily
>>
>>1228079
ive got a few MIJ cordless skins in my collection, most of my older corded Makita tools are MIJ. A few are UK, but mostly CHINA unless you're paying top dollar.
>>
>>1227984
Makita dude,new ones use the same chucks as Hilti
>>
>Dewalt fag on suicide watch
>>
>>1227965
>hilti

they only got good warranty and service, do not kid yourself on they are the best shit ever meme.
>>
>>1228031

I did hotel maintenance for 8 years and in the last 3 we got some ryobi stuff because we got fed up of fighting over cords and running out of cord length.

I would say that even for semi pro stuff they are alright. My main gripes are

>Hammer drill chuck didn't run true out the box. Had noticeable wobble
>Grinder spindle also did not run true but to a lesser extent. Wobble noticeable only with zip wheels and concrete diamond wheels
>Meme tools are literally meme tools, like the flash light and the vacuum. I didn't even pay for them but they were so bad I felt buyers remorse.
>>
>>1227965
>thinks hilti is the better
>don't even have brushless motors
you gotta go back newfag
>>
My dad got some ryobi drills a few years ago that are still going strong with a lot of use, dont know if the brand has gone to shit since though
>>
>>1227972
>Literally
Know how I know you're millennial trash?
>>
No, get makita. Also dont buy combos without batteries, thats how they jew you.
>>
>>1230382

Not him. But what is it with Americans and stereotypes?

It's like you guys never left high school. You always have to put someone in a bracket like this is some sort of teen movie.
>>
File: america_2.0_love_it_or_whatever.jpg (152KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
america_2.0_love_it_or_whatever.jpg
152KB, 768x1024px
>>1230409

all the grownup boards should have flags and thread specific userIDs.
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (50KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
50KB, 400x389px
>>1230416
>That juicy extracab hilux
shame it aint flatdeck.
>>
>>1230423

>Hilux

That ain't no Hilux.
>>
>>1230428
"""""""""tundra"""""""""""
>>
>>1230431

Try Tacoma
>>
>>1230435
Why cant you yanks just have the same cars as the rest of us?
>>
>>1230436

I am not a yank. I am a coconut. And the Tacoma of that generation is totally different to the Hilux. You and the amerifats have different vehicles because the Atlantic separates your nations and the market is totally different.

Same reason why you can go for years on a euro jobsite and never see a Milwaukee power tool and why you can go for years on an American jobsite and never see a metabo
>>
>>1230438
Metabo > Milfuckshittytoolcunt
Yanks got the worse deal.
>>
>>1230439

They normally do. But it's nothing to get upset about or even care about. Unless you are some europleb that can't even afford nice tools because your government is spending too much of your money on the influx
>>
>>1230423
The circlejerk over the 22re is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.
They only reason they even have a reputation for reliability is because of a misconception of american trucks had bad auto TRANSMISSIONS, and because of a stupid Top Gear bit where 99% of other trucks would have "survived" aswell.

Its ridiculous
>>
>>1230439
Metabo isnt even a "premium" brand, shit is all chinese anyways
>>
>>1230454
No they are generally good vehicles, not legendary like Top Gear shilling, but still pretty reliable. On par with Ford Couriers.
>>
>>1230455
Their grinders are bretty good.
>>
>>1230457
i had to replace the cord of a metabo angle grinder once, it was a pain in the ass compared to the bosch ones.
maintainability 2/10
>>
>>1230456
Im not trying to say they arent reliable because they are. They also suck gas and are weak as fuck for their displacement.
The "muh hilux" meme just annoys me. Noone in the 4x4 world runs stock ones, they are all built for a reason.
>>
>>1230464
Do you even 4x4? Everyone mods everything.
>>
>>1230438
>coconut

Tahiti? Guam?
>>
>>1230409
(((Brackets)))
>>
its all china shit, even the american made dewalts are basically crap

for buying cheap cordless tools to drag around jobsites your criteria should be:
>cost
>warranty
>weight

nothing else matters
>>
>>1230478
>battery life
>>
>>1230454

The 22re wasn't even popular outside of the states.

It's normally down to the 3l and 5l diesels, with the 5l being the more desirable and the, lol, 3y.

As a Toyota fan I could claim that the last good Hilux was the SFA hilux. With everything else you can go Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ford, Chebby, it doesn't matter they are all the same shit.

>>1230467

That's for the guys who do it for a hobby. The guys who do it for a living don't even bother modding anything. Hell you are lucky if they even have tread on their tires, there is a reason why your commute is through the Congo and it's not because you can just about afford to fix your outhouse.
>>
>>1230478

If I used my shit more often I would pay a little more for a spindle and chuck that don't wobble like the knees on a college girl in heels after 12 shots of tequila
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.