[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ Bought a pair of fairly good headphones Sony MDR V6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 808.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
808.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Hey /diy/

Bought a pair of fairly good headphones Sony MDR V6 and the jack snapped

1. What jack should I buy to replace it with keeping the sound quality.

2. What do I need to be aware of when replacing the jack?
>>
>>1227856
it's a plug, you plug that into a jack

you need a 3.5mm stereo plug / TRS plug / 3.5mm male plug.

anything you get off ebay will be fine sound quality wise.

you will need to burn off the insulation and sand the burned insulation off to get a good solder connection.
>>
>>1227856
Dunno if there is any way to be sure which jack is good. It's all chincrap. I was chinked exactly in same way once with silver jack. Try golden but no sure. There is even no way to solder the tip, cause of plastic.
>>
>>1227856
And i guess it will be better to use jack from wire like extention 2x jack wire. Those for amateur soldering are shit as you see.
>>
>>1227856
>A Neutrik jack is 'The Lifetime Plug'. Simple as that. Their attractive yet strong diecast shells..
blabla shillshillshit - Neutrik is usually usable quality tho, if ordering online, remember, you need 'stereo' (which is likely less of a problem with 3.5mm than 6.3 mm, but, whatever).

>>1227870
its a 'jack plug', which you plug into 'a socket', shirley? otherwise, been doing it wrong all these years..
>>
>>1227878
http://www.neutrik.co.uk/en-uk/plugs-jacks/35-mm-right-angle-stereo-plug/

Are there any that aren't L shaped?
>>
>>1227870
cheers, also how do I know where to solder left and right headphone wires?
>>
>how do I know where to solder left and right headphone wires?

trial and error.
>>
>>1227880
>any non-bent?
I was gonna 'wtf?!' you here, but, wtf indeed.
You know, I am beginning to believe, they actually dont make fucking normal 3.5mms? for fuck knows why.
Only recommended neutrik as use shitloads of 6.3mm and XLR etc. - never a problem.
Apart from the fact, they only make bent 3.5mms, of course
>mind blown
Theres some Neutrik straight 3.5mm listed on AMZ, but, punters claiming they actually get REAN or similar delivered - who I believe Neutrik also own, probably also decent quality, but, as noted, recommend withdrawn, this be a strange world indeed, like, totally fucking odd.
>>
File: plug.png (4KB, 482x174px) Image search: [Google]
plug.png
4KB, 482x174px
>>1227885
>how do I know where..
By looking at it. The terminal connected to the center and leading to the tip is left.
>>
>>1227881
>how do I know where to solder left and right headphone wires?
Ring is Right
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.