[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a submarine that can go below 100 meter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1502628687431.png (2MB, 1820x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502628687431.png
2MB, 1820x1080px
How do I make a submarine that can go below 100 meter?
>>
>>1227006
>>>/hispachan/
ask the narcos over there
>>
>>1227007

I want depth rather than range.
>>
>>1227008
My gf said the same things. :(
>>
>>1227014

LOL
>>
That's not a question that has an straight answer. It's like asking "how do I make a car which can go 200mph?"

To answer the most basic part of your question you'll need to weld up and reinforce a pressure vessel which can withstand a crush pressure of 150psi (+safety factor).

Do not mistake a vessel which is designed for 150 psi positive pressure for one which is designed for 150 psi negative pressure, they are not the same.

After that you just need to build the rest of the submarine. Which is very complicated and the failure of any major system is likely fatal unless you build in redundancies.
>>
>>1227006
I was planning on saying that you don't.
>>1227020
But this guy wrote the same in a more elaborated way.
>>
Can I make a submarine out of concrete?

Here's what I'm thinking; sphere made of reinforced concrete such that the internal volume is approximately 2.4 times greater than the volume of the shell with a ring of steel bar around the centre to mount balast tanks, thrusters and other equipment. Aquanaut wears SCBA to avoid the need for any atmospherics.
>>
you could make one out of a shipping container..
>>
>>1227006
Start with a few sheets of plywood and some 2x4's.

fashion into a box

get inside the box

have someone nail it shut up bury you.

basically the same thing senpai.
>>
>>1227006

obviously something to do with shipping containers
>>
>>1227074
+ needs to be slowly (then, REALLYT FAST) filled with water, for added realism.
>>
>>1227006
one word-
Shipping containers
>>
These fools saying shipping containers don't know what they're talking about.

Think about it for a moment, what is good in the sea? Crabs.
Crabs withstand the pressures of the deepest seas using only their shells and flesh, therefore about 1/3rd of a ton of imitation crab meat should allow for the depth you require.
>>
>>1227006
Use a mattress, it will take a crane to get it out though.
>>
Why 100m?
>>
>>1227006
>>1227008
Well you can open the hatch and let water flood it. It probably won't come up though.
>>
>>1227006
Any submarine can go deeper than 100m if there is enough water. But if you want a working submarine...?
>>
>>1227052
Sounds like an expensive underwater crypt
>>
how many journalists do you have to kill before your thirst for blood is sated
>>
>>1227006
Get three pigs and paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on them
>>
>>1227006
Admiral here. The first step is to evaluate your shipyards and resources. Do you have access to steel and other metals of sufficient quality? Do you have the necessary energy sources? If not, focus on building your industrial base. Once that's in place, prepare the defenses needed to protect your submarine manufacturing facilities from hostile action. If you don't have submarines already, you'll probably have to rely on a diplomatic alliance with an established naval power.

The next step is to learn from the masters. Conduct student exchange programs with submarine-manufacturing countries and buy a few of their subs to reverse-engineer. Hire retired engineering personnel. Once you've developed the necessary knowledge base, build test equipment and use it to maintain your purchased subs so you can refine your techniques.

Now you're ready to start designing. Start small with shallow-water minisubs and then expand into deep-water minisubs. If that's successful, you can start selling equipment to researchers and the like to get some revenue and useful feedback as they field-test your designs. Enlarge them, adding capacity and features with each generation, until you have a working full-size submarine.

After that point you'll need to specify the missions your submarines will conduct so you can figure out what kinds of armament, fuel, and crew you'll need. I recommend against using nuclear power if you don't need it since it raises a whole host of issues.
>>
File: IMG_0617.png (86KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.png
86KB, 492x280px
>>1227269
>Admiral here
>>
>>1227312
>Admiral_(Kantai_collection)
>>
>>1227239

Swedish journalists are not even real journalism.
>>
>>1227052
That sounds like suicide with extra steps
>>
>>1227099
that's 8 words.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.