[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you store fabric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170812_150459.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_150459.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
How would you store fabric?
>>
I have a home business with fabric involved. I'm a big DIYer, but can't decide best way to store fabric and make it accessable. I can't put them in drawer standing cause they will find on itself. And if I build shelf it will need like 40 shelves, 1 for each color.
>>
>>1226688
>>1226692

go to one of those fabric stores. they are great places to meet women, by the way, as compared to bars.

storing fabric requires a lot of room or an elaborate filing system that tells you that blue suede is at or about level 74 in stack 139.
>>
>>1226688
Stack them up like pic related oh wait
>>
When I pull out one I need the stack is very heavy and ends up sliding and starts leaning and covering up the other colors because it's not straight. I have lots of giant filing cabinets at my disposal, but can't stack these vertically. I did consider TUBES. Get a stack of a single color, roll it and stuff into tube, then stack the tubes somehow to where they are labeled and organized. My test did not work so great though. Maybe I can build some kind of flip-book type thing. Each "page" could hold like 10 sheets of each color with a cover that keeps them flat. It could flip similar to a time display or like a poster display case at the store.
>>
File: 1492514205427.jpg (27KB, 1221x615px) Image search: [Google]
1492514205427.jpg
27KB, 1221x615px
>>1226688
>not rolling fabric for storage
Shoe shelves might be about right.
>>
File: fabric.jpg (102KB, 502x487px) Image search: [Google]
fabric.jpg
102KB, 502x487px
>>1226688

Depends on the size. I usually just fold what I've got and stick it in a drawer or a clear plastic tub, but I did see this the other day. Seems like a decent way to store quilting squares if you have a rail or two and a load of clip hangers.
>>
>>1226688
How much are you talking about?
A couple yards of a couple of flavors, or production quantities?

I have a few yds of a couple different colors/styles. Use flat-ish plastic totes, shove 'em in there. One for packcloth, another for duck and cordura, another for the oddball expensive high-heat-resistant stuff, and one of those cheap 3-drawer things for grommets, tools/scissors, snaps, nylon webbing, velcro, all the other shit.
>Pic related.
>>
>>1226688
Three-ring binders with a swatch of the fabric in the plastic cover.
>>
>>1226688
I just throw all my scrap fabric and ill-fitting clothes in a big bag desu

if i bought proper fabric though id probably fold it to the correct length to store in a closet or w/e and then roll it once it'll fit depth-wise
>>
>>1226688
One of those giant bags that you suck out all the air with a vacuum.
>>1226756
Or like this if you're not autistic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.