[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small toolbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Google-tools@2x[1].png (1020KB, 1480x952px) Image search: [Google]
Google-tools@2x[1].png
1020KB, 1480x952px
I want to have a small toolbox or bag that has the tools necessary for your average around the house repairs. This would be useful for when I visit relatives or have something unexpected go wrong at work.

What tools would you guys recommend? Weight is not a concern, but size is.

I'm thinking:
Multitool with knife, pliers and screwdriver bits. e.g. Ganzo or Leatherman
Crescent wrench
Sidecutters
Small DMM like a Uni-T 136B or Fluke 106
Permanent marker
Tape measure
Electrical tape
Cyanoacrylate glue
Small flashlight, like SK68
Zip ties
Set of different screws and nails
>>
File: m000509056_sc7.jpg (18KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
m000509056_sc7.jpg
18KB, 380x380px
>>1226400
>Set of different screws and nails

then include a hammer and a small, medium, and large phillips and flathead screwdriver. The Leatherman has those but real screwdrivers work way better. If you don't have room for real screwdrivers I'd skip the spare screws.

throw in a few wire nuts of various sizes, and maybe an assortment of crimp connectors and a crimper.

Needle nosed pliers can be handy.

A magnifying glass with a protective cover can be handy. pic related says "illuminated" but that's not usually needed.

The permanent marker is a good idea that lots of guys don't think is that important, but in a pinch you can use it to add a shot of black to just about anything.
>>
>>1226400
2-3 small clamps
visegrips
weller soldering gun (pistol type, cheap & basically indestructable & high power)
solder
little can of flux
>>
>>1226400
how big is small?
>>
>>1226408
>crimp connectors and a crimper.
Is this to crimp wires going into screw terminals, or what? I'm in central eu and I've never crimped any wires in my home. Thanks for the tips!

>>1226411
>weller soldering gun
That's a great idea, but I'd go with either a gas fueled one or one of the magnastat wellers with a 24v battery of some kind. Guns are only good for crude work imo.

>>1226415
Hard to say exactly, I'd like it to be as small as practically possible, around the size of a glove compartment. If there is something to be repaired it's not mandatory for me to fix, so it's not like a job site where you want the best tool for every situation.
>>
File: 12v Makita.jpg (18KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
12v Makita.jpg
18KB, 350x350px
All of the items in your list are great to have. Some additions I'd recommend:
6-in-1 screwdriver
Precision screwdrivers
Needlenose pliers
Wirestrippers
3-prong receptacle tester
12in. Channellock (perhaps a 2nd one, as well as a smaller 8in in addition, if you plan on doing lots of plumbing)
PTFE tape
Flatbar/s, nail puller, hammer
6 or 12in level
13oz hammer
Chisel set
Nail set
Painter's tool/ scraper
Allen keys
Vise Grips
Utility Knife
Scissors
Pick set

Your list + mine is pretty much my toolbag exactly (plus some additional plumbing tools) and it gets me through almost every service call at my maintenance job without need for anything else. If you have the room, pick up a small drill; pic related is awesome. Don't own one (I have the 18v XLT drill and driver, which is great if you have the room and can afford the space in your box) but people at the factory I used to work at beat the shit out of them and they never gave up, great little drills for light work and odd jobs. You can spend 30 dollars on a pair of the dewalt/ ryobi bit sets at home depot (one for drilling, one for driving) and tackle pretty much anything.
>>
>>1226435
That's a comprehensive toolbox, if I'd do this as work I'd pick up a cordless drill for sure. For now, I think I'll add the following:

>PTFE tape
>Chisel
>small hammer

Oh and I forgot to include a small flask of mineral oil.

Thanks for the list!
>>
>>1226400
>I want to have a small toolbox or bag that has the tools necessary for your average around the house repairs.
Channel locks, cresent wrench, screw drivers, 5 in one putty knife, and a hammer.
>>
>>1226400
Duct tape
zip ties
assorted cloth
Chloroform
instant print camera
black mask
bleach
>>
>>1226418
well if i had the money to make a proper toolbox of that size probably the folowing:
300-600g hammer(machinist) or the woodwotking one with the claw(depents on what you want to do)
Knipex Cobra around 180mm
Knipex Pliers Wrench same size
Combination pliers
Needle nose pliers big and small
Cable cuter or/and small bolt cutter
Electrician screwdriver set with replaceble tips - WERA WIHA ones
Screwdriver set with replaceble tips or Bits WERA WIHA ones
rubber hammer
utiliti knife and normal knife, scissors, scraper
crowbar
ductape, electrical isolation tape, soldering gun, solder, colofonie, spare tips for soldering gun, flash light, headlamp, lupe, 5minute pepoxy/epoxy putty/superglue + activator or baking soda
and the other things anons mentioned
>>
>>1226400

>a medium and small pair of channel locks
>medium and small crescent wrench
>klein 11in 1
>tape measure
>wrenches
>fluke meter
>allen wrenches
channel locks and crescent wrenches can do everything a normal wrench can do but better.[spoiler]ask me what I do for a living[/spoiler]
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 276x182px
>>1230360
>.[spoiler]ask me what I do for a living[/spoiler]

1. be clueless as to which board you are on

2. round off / booger up nuts and bolts like there's no tomorrow

pic related is before and after this bozo did his magic
>>
>>1230396

sounds like you have a weak grip. If you booger something up then you can just replace it after its taken off.
>>
>>1230360
Trolling is a banable offense.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.