[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Ecoline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

I got this old van, looks like pic related. It's a bit rusty, and everything, including the doors are metal. How do I install carpet or wood over it? Also plan on puting some kind of love seat and/or a table in there.
>>
>>1226334
uhhhhh ooga booga bix nood muhfugga
>>
>>1226334
>loooove seat
>sweet funky jazz
I could be talking out my ass as usual, but I think they usually use something like 1/8" chipboard attached to the interior framing to back up the trim. I'm sure you'll be wanting to get any interior rust out of there first, of course.
>>
Start by wire brushing the rust, then coating with anti-rust paint or primer.

Then I'd like the interior with plywood or MDF. Doesn't need to be thick, 10mm for the floors, 4mm for the sides.

If you varnish with polyurethane and caulk the corners of the new floor before fixing the carpet, you can then use a pressure washer to wash the interior.
>>
>>1226407
>4mm
I'd shoot for 7mm, just so there's enough meat there to screw to if anon wants to bolt some handcuff shackles to the wall. You don't want your guest getting away and calling the cops or anything like that.
>>
>>1226334
Wirebrush on drill mandrel, POR15, screw in a few equally thick shims around the perimeter and in center, taller than the ridges in the floorpan. You MUST drill holes and screw form the bottom, this will prevent hitting brake/gas lines, or anything else undesirable.
Once your subfloor spacers are in, grab some 1/4 ply and throw that down. Cover with luan, and your floor is prepped
>>
>>1226433
Make sure you insulate well. Don't want the screams of your guest inviting unwanted attention.
>>
Google backroadsvanner
He shows how to carpet and upholdter a van interior in one of his vids
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502666383660.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502666383660.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
>>1226334
I always wanna get a fiberglass safari too from a junkyard and build pic related.
>>
>>1226407
4" angle grinder and tiger disk or wire wheel.
>>
>>1227386
Top i mean. For stand up
>>
>>1227263
https://youtu.be/eLgy4DgrJcE

?
>>
Too much effort from all these anons.
Get some shag Carpet and a box of silicon caulk- just glue that shit over everything.
>>
>>1227389
Yes, he has some great tips in that one.
>>
File: 1185531072805.gif (403KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
1185531072805.gif
403KB, 240x184px
>>
>>1227454
Cool. Have shit internet but will try and get it watched now that i know its the right one. Got a shitty camper and descided to redo some of it. Might buy a van just to pull it and wanna build halfassed van life stuff into it. Main reason is shitter and shower in camper is aides. Fuck a dining room table i need a place to shit...
>>
File: Ford Econoline 1984.jpg (42KB, 920x498px) Image search: [Google]
Ford Econoline 1984.jpg
42KB, 920x498px
>>1226334
>>
>>1227454
Sure does mang. I've studied uphulstry stuff a lot bit not how to shove it ina car. My car is a little uniwue and parts are impossible / expensive to replace. I wanna redo the interior and knew i would be having to do it myself.

I especially like how he pointed out where to run wires and to run extra. It's always a pain. Personally i am going to cut pvc in half and mount it in the seams with some old cable i have to pull new wires wherever i need.

Also going to run some 110v outlets and a breaker box so i can nose up to power when i can and just plug the van in.

If i were you anons i would for sure do the cushions yourself. Youtube has a lot of begginer upholstry vidya and if you do like he did in the vidya it seams real easy. Just pay attention the the measurements and sew your own piping strips to incorporate. NOTE: if vynil u gotts get an old singer or walking foot machine. It doesnt seem hard but i am told with 2 layers of pipung and joining 2 other layers you could be sewing 6 damn layers of vynil and moms sewing machine might not cut it.

I'm going to go ahead and sheet mine with 3/4 osb because its pretty cheap and they you can pretty much screw shit wherever u want to the walls and it be sturdy af. But thats a personal choice i guess. Also using carpet or astroturf maybe. Rhino liner or shag carpet is pretty hard to clean and i have dogs.

Pretty much all the help i can think of for now anons. And yall really should watch the vidya. Kinda long and drawn out but well worth a half hour for the tips.
>>
>>1227628
ALL

OF

MY

YES
>>
I'd want a converted school bus desu
>>
File: 1501484391897.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1501484391897.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>1227386
That. Is. Beautiful.
>>
>>1227386

This image hurts my brain
>>
>>1227386
Who the fuck do you get to even inspect that monster? Did the weld the frame up all at once and then drop the massive body on? If they left the bodies on to weld it up, how did they get all 360 degrees around all parts of the frame welded? This is so fucking confusing.
>>
>>1229805
>This is so fucking confusing.

that thing, assuming it exists, is not roadworthy because it cannot turn, unless those two middle axles somehow steer as well, and even then the geometry is ridiculous unless you put an arduino at each pivot.
>>
File: freecandy.png (293KB, 504x289px) Image search: [Google]
freecandy.png
293KB, 504x289px
>>1226334
vanlife!
>>
File: download (90).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (90).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>1229574
Well, aside from the homosexual axles in the middle.

I found an old chevy frame. Gonna put a 1 ton suspention under it and elongate an 80s model with 4.7 trillion chicken lights. Gonna be pic related.
>>
>>1229805
LOL. Well, with those axles in the middle i figured photoshop. They likely welded 2 frames together. Then the bodies and bolted the body back on.

Its really not that hard. But it can be a chellenge to fit it seamlessly and it's tedious as fuck. Guess i will find out when i get the rest if my parts. I fuckin want one.

>inspection

Kek, not if it's titled in my state. This woukd be how i am taging my fuckin cooker and cruising town
>>
>>1229861
It's the weight of removing a van body from a frame where I was baffled. The average redneck is not going to have a crane to lift that triple body off of that frame.
>>
>>1229958
Shit. You'd be surprised anon. But typicallt we just get racing jacks and eyeball it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.