[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I black out a room so no light will enter ever? I put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How do I black out a room so no light will enter ever? I put 2 layers of tinfoil over my window but it's falling apart and light leaks through.

I can't spray paint the window or anything permanently alter the house design.
>>
>>1225322
I know what you're up to. And I like it.
>>
>>1225329
no, i just like to hang out in a dark room sometimes, feels relaxing. I meditate (Self-enquiry)
>>
>>1225322
You can buy blackout curtains on Amazon for fairly cheap. Those plus the tinfoil should work pretty well in combination.
>>
>>1225342
But the tape on my tinfoil is leaking light
>>
>>1225346

Spray some Great Stuff foam over the edges
>>
>>1225322
What size of windows? I've toyed with idea of putting some mylar sheets/blankets over smaller windows, and my friend blacked out his room window by cutting up cardboard boxes, covering the window with cardboard and then just duct taping the seams. You could also try propping up non-opaque big plastic trash bags.
>>
Get a sheet of foam board insulation and cut it about 1/4 inch larger than the window opening. Friction and tension will hold it in place, paint it, or spray glue and fabric to cover it, done.
>>
>>1225346

Just use two layers of duck tape.

You could use actual duct tape (which is metal foil) but the adhesive will fuck shit up when you try to remove it.
>>
>>1225322
What the fuck are you doing in there that metal foil on the windows keeps "falling apart"?
>>
You can peel latex paint off of glass. Test it out first.
>>
>>1225322
go to a fabric store and get some kind of vinyl material, pvc or something. anything light doens't pass through. cut it to an inch larger than your window and hold it up with velcro.
if you don't care about how it looks to the same thing but with cardboard
don't waste your time with any of this other bullshit and thank me later
>>
>>1225322
>2 layers of tinfoil over my window but it's falling apart and light leaks through.

your pris- I mean houseguests keep clawing at the windows, eh?
>>
>>1225337
You could do the same thing in a closet or in your bathroom at night and you wouldn't even notice.
>>
Clean windows, use thick Reynolds aluminum foil not the thin bargain crap and secure it with aluminum dryer tape. It won't leave residue when you remove it and it should stick fairly well
>>
1.) Make blackout curtains out of dark fabric from a thrift store. The urtain needs to extend about a foot past the window in each direction

or

2.) Instead of foil, cover the windows with big squares of the poster board that has 1/4" of styrofoam in the middle. Seal any cracks with duct tape
>>
another "I NEED TO BLACK OUT MY ROOM BECAUSE I WORK NIGHTS OR JUST LIKE THE DARK" thread.
>>
Get thick, black fuzzy blankets and hang two layers over the windows.
>>
>>1225322
Get thick, catering grade aluminium foil, use foil AC duct tape around the edges so light doesn't go through the tape.

If any pinholes develop, cover them with foil tape. You should need only one layer.

Alternatively, if you are very careful about your masking you actually can paint your windows, acetone will remove paint from glass. It will also strip paint off anything else you get it on so make sure you only use it on the panes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.