[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Filing Steel Without Tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: steel.jpg (9KB, 119x149px) Image search: [Google]
steel.jpg
9KB, 119x149px
I have a difficult dilemma. Is there any way to file or reduce steel without good tools. I have a small rod of steel which is flattened on one side, and I need to flatten that side just a tiny bit more. I tried using the file on a nail clipper, but to no avail. Any other ideas?
>>
Couple sheets of varying grit sandpaper should do.
>>
>>1224949
What if i dont have sandpaper?
>>
Sorry, I should have made this clear that I hope to get this done tonight, and a store run is out of the question.
>>
>>1224949
Would a beer cap do?

I am willing to put in a little elbow grease.
>>
>>1224955
Rough concrete surface, like a wall?

Pavement outside?
>>
>>1224955
find out...

likely not though. Stop being poor and go buy a a real file or a chainsaw file. They're cheap and won't ruin your ego.
>>
>>1224957
Not being cheap, just dont have that option right now, and it would be great if this were done soon.
>>
>>1224947
>Filing Steel Without Tools
i'm sorry op but realistically what do you expect, someone to tell you how to do it via telekinesis?
if you don't have tools then you don't have tools.

this is simply a guessing game of what you may or may not have in your house.

if the nail file isn't working at all its possibly not hard enough, it needs to be harder than the steel to do anything. if its working but very slowly then keep at it.

put it in the oven until its hot then jump on it, what do you want me to say.
drag it around behind your car with a heavy weight on top.
>>
>>1224956
not ideal for scraping in the way it needs to be. Does'nt need to be uniform, but i do need to get al the way down the flat section if i can.
>>
>>1224962
>the man who tried a nail file and has no sandpaper now uses the phrase "not ideal".

I hope the Russian mob you promised to have this done by tomorrow eviscerates you.
>>
>>1224963
Kek
>>1224956
Used your idea, found a small broken piece of a paving stone that i am using as a rudimentary file. It's slow pickings, but it should eventually work. Thanks for helping me think of it.
>>
>>1224947
your basic flat rock.
I have sharpened knives using the bottom of a coffee cup or bit of ceramic tile.
>>
>>1224959
understand that "not having that option right now" is an indication that you're either a poor nigger or underage.

Either of which is not respectiable. If you're underage then you should be making use of the tools that you have available.

Which leads us to believe that you're a poor nigger. Take care of your children you dumb nigger.
>>
>>1224972
Haha, neither, just a city slicker who has no tools on hand, and can't go out anymore since the closest store that carries such things is about an hour bus ride and walk away, and will be closing before that. Also, I don't like going out late for fear of being mugged.
>>
>>1224975
If you had tools, you could build a suit of armour to stop muggers and never live in fear again.

Acquire tools, mate.
>>
>>1224947
Serve your sentence, Tyrone.
>>
>It's the /diy/ helps Tyrone make a shiv episode.
>>
>>1224985
Upvote
>>
Worked on it for about 2 hours. Got her done.
>>
>>1224951
Use asphalt on the ground, it should be rough enough (but not very fine)
>>
>>1224947
dremel tool. Or angle grinder. If you want to be cheap go to Harbor Freight. Any other way will take forever.
>>
>>1224947
Rub it on concrete or a smooth rock. Kesus
>>
If you're really so dirt broke you can't drop $3.50 for a file from the Harbor Freight, then just rub that shit on the sidewalk or a rock or something.
>>
>>1224978
THIS

OP is incarcerated and making a shiv.

OP, Just be the faggot you are and suck Bubba's dick. Don't make any trouble for yourself, it could end in death.
>>
>>1225148
They sharpen shanks on the cell floor, so cement also works.
>>
>>1226578
Can see it working as cement is a pretty strong abrasive.
>>
>>1224947
Is that a chastity belt ring?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.