[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a Right angle drill? How do you like it? Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: bosch-ps11-2a-main.jpg (90KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
bosch-ps11-2a-main.jpg
90KB, 1000x750px
Anyone have a Right angle drill? How do you like it?
Thinking about picking one up
>>
>>1224763
I recommend just getting the attachment for your regular drill.
>>
>>1224763
I have an angle adapter for a bit&brace.
But as >>1224768 points out an adapter is easier.
Plus you can step up to a more powerful drill.
The other thing that helps is shorter bits. Especially if you are spending all day drilling holes in a stud wall. I just hacksawed the shank off of a normal spade bit.
>>
>>1224895
Oh.. the upside is single units can be used one-handed. Adapters can be twitchy.
>>
File: mk_pulse_img.php.png (19KB, 1164x952px) Image search: [Google]
mk_pulse_img.php.png
19KB, 1164x952px
>>1224895
>Especially if you are spending all day drilling holes in a stud wall.

If you spent all day using a right angle drill you are doing something dreadfully wrong.
>>
if your job consist of drilling holes in studs all day, definitely get one.

If its a short term project, just get an adapter
>>
>>1224763
I have this thing. It's pretty great.
>>
>>1224936
Forgot pic
>>
>>1224937
Wait, someone somewhere is selling a Makita drill as a package with a green Bosch bit kit?
>>
I've found mine incredibly useful the 5 times I've used it in the 10 years I've owned it.
>>
>>1224899
Depends. Electrical work pays breddy gud.
Though I was just an apprentice/wiremonkey. Got a good bonus every year for fast work and no fuckups. Made enough to pay for college. probably could have made more sticking to electrical.. but desk vs. hot construction job.... nah.
>>
>>1224939
Probably made in china bits that someone paid to post the Bosch name on.
>>
>>1224968
But still, that ain't right, mang. That ain't right.
>>
>>1224763
I have this exact model...12v, but recharges quickly, and it's strong enough for what I bought it for...screwing down new counter tops, as I got tired of my 14v Dewalt that weighed like 6lbs with the fucking battery...
>>
This thing has saved me so many times that I never leave it out of a toolkit.
>>
>>1224763
I do appliance repair and have a Bosch I driver that I picked up used off of Craigslist for 40$. Works pretty good in weird spaces. Only complaint is the electric clutch can get a bit finicky but not obnoxiously so. If your working with smaller wood screws or predrilled holes and whatnot this will do great. If your expecting it to constantly put in 3 inch buglehead screws it'll probably eat batteries. Overall I'd recommend it. Watch Craigslist for people selling the used drivers. Doesn't matter which ones as long as they're Bosch 12 v and come with at least 1 battery.. most of the time you can get them for 30~40 bucks.. which really means you got an extra drill with a battery that was cheaper than the 50$ store price for new ones... got the I driver, the new impact with the double torque settings, the flashlight, and 2 of the drivers both old style and the newer. Between them I've got 3 chargers and 8 batteries. Keep one charger on my truck and one in the garage.. still rarely go through more than 1 battery every 3 ish days but I'd be real pissed to find myself stuck without a working drill...
>>
This fucking thing right here has saved my ass 100 times a day on the job. A whole kit including charger and a battery is like $100. Gotta buy probably one extra battery and different head attachments though.

This fucking thing can be a drill, impact driver, scraper, cutter, sawzall, anything you need.
>>
>>1225069
Does it fulfill those roles well or badly?
>>
>>1224763
buy a festool drill with a head you can replace for a 90 degree one
>>
>>1225316
Are Festools incredibly expensive everywhere, or am I being fucked over?
>>
>>1225380
they are really expensive.
>>
>>1224917
if your job requires drilling into studs all day you'd have a tool purpose built for the job.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>1225313
id say the Jobmax platform falls right under the "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" label.

being corded, pneumatic, 12v or 18v is a nice feature but dont expect the individual components to perform as well as dedicated tools, the idea is to have a single base and a bag full of power heads that replace an entire chest of tools.

they're good for small applications or people like electricians or flooring installers that might need a tool once or twice on a job and dont want to buy a full-sized one. they also come with the usual Ridgid Lifetime Warranties which is nice but if you want something compact you can beat up on the jobsite every day and still run buy Milwaukee M12 stuff instead.
>>
>>1224763
It's a must-have when you find yourself in such a situation. Most DIY people I know fell for the Dewalt meme and bought pic-related type grinder. I bought this badass Hitachi for half the price and it came with a hard case, 5 metal grinding discs, same warranty/power, a handle, and most importantly: the damn special wrench you need to change the disc. Dewalt stopped including this wrench in their double-priced/equally-chinese-manufactured item.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hitachi-4-1-2-in-6-2-Amp-Sliding-Switch-Corded-Angle-Grinder/1000014116

If you're not a pure DIY guy and need this thing every week, go with a higher amp model, but if you're posting here I'm guessing that's not you.

Not shilling, just check what you're getting for the price first.
>>
>>1225039
neat af. how have i never seen one of these?
>>
>>1225568
Interdesting, over here Hitachis are priced even above blue Bosch/Mid-rang Makitas, and seem shoddily built in comparison. Also - they are sold by the dodgiest DIY store chain in the country.
>>
>>1225069
Thats my favorite tool thats been abandoned at my house in leu of rent.
>>
>>1225638
They're cheap as fuck and work very well. Homo Depot has them. Get it asap.
>>
>>1225638
It usually takes two hands to get your shit lined up and they want to twist and oval out your holes if you use it for drilling. They're good in a pinch
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.