[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Securing windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20170809_090048.png (755KB, 816x915px) Image search: [Google]
20170809_090048.png
755KB, 816x915px
I have 3 windows I need secured from break ins. I posted their inside dimensions. I need to secure from the inside of the home because I live in an HoA community.

I was thinking of putting angle iron around the inside corners and tig welding expanded metal to fit the window.

Or just use angle irons and weld together a window bars from the inside.

Any other ideas?
>>
There is already a thread about this. This is dumb, do you want to live in a death trap? Use 3M security film.
>>
>>1224746

I don't want burglars to even TRY to break the window. With the security film, they'll just think it's a regular window and try to break in anyway.

Security film is pretty good, but not secure enough. When they try to break in, and notice that it's not easy, there's a good chance they'll stop trying.
>>
>>1224745

In the army they taught us.. Caves make graves. You are trying to build an above ground cave capable of burning. Retarded. Get break resistant film and add to the window. Use a piece of wood as a sexondary measure to jam between the window so it cant be opened. Get an audible alarm if the window is broken or opened. Layered security.
>>
>>1224748

Duh.

Put a ducking sign u p.. Security hardened windows, security system. Beware of guard bear, owner is armed, security see measures in place..

Why ask us if you already have the fucking amswers
>>
>>1224752
"We do not call 911"
>>
File: 1502193694716.jpg (56KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1502193694716.jpg
56KB, 1024x576px
>>1224752
>>1224986
>owner is armed
>"We do not call 911"
/k/ommando here. Don't fucking do this. All you're doing is saying "this house has guns you can steal while I'm at work"
>>
>>1224750
Pretty sure he isn't expecting a full on assault. Bars or something like that will be fine
>>
>>1224986
>"we have guns in the house you can steal after watching us all leave"

No. Don't put any fucking gun stickers on your house or car. All it does is make you a target for a breaking by someone who wants a gun.

I cringe internally every time I go to the range because I don't want the people in my apartment building knowing I own guns. Even the "discreet" cases make it very obvious what you're carrying to anyone with a clue. Putting one of those cringy moldy labia stickers in your window is the best possible way to come home to see your safe cracked open.
>>
>>1225024
my favorite is the fucknuts who have their handguns stolen out of the car.
>>
File: 1490155619109.jpg (12KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1490155619109.jpg
12KB, 317x267px
>>1225029
>truck gun
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.